Two homemade bombs explode in front of Siam Paragon

george

Typical Thai reporting. First they report it was two "transformer" explosions so as to minimize the possibility of fear of terrorism. Then they back track and state to IEDs planted under the BTS walkover to Siam Paragon. Wow, these Thais really know how to create doubt uncertainty and suspicion about their competency.

A rush into a definitive statement just has to be made then, as usual, has to be corrected.

Nothing wrong with saying the matter is under investigation and a statement will be made when the situation is clearer but the authorities just love to show they are on top of things when nothing could be further from the truth.

So pretty much the same as every other news agency in the world :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Lets hope this is an isolated incident and does not turn into a daily life otherwise Thailand will really be in big trouble

It's already ''daily life'' for thousands of people on the south:rolleyes:

Heart of capital city and south are 2 little different matter, DOHblink.png

On Nation TV, police spokesman @Dr_Prawut says police will hold a press conference on the two bombs case at 10am tomorrow. /@TheNation

I guess my be Mr. T. is losing patientcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The military factions marginalised by the Eastern Tiger faction are getting restless.

Nothing to do with politicians or Mr T.

On Nation TV, police spokesman @Dr_Prawut says police will hold a press conference on the two bombs case at 10am tomorrow. /@TheNation

I guess my be Mr. T. is losing patientcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Dr Thaksin is not a doctor so he cannot lose patients.

According to a report in BP, the bombs were " not intended to injure or kill " stated a Police spokesman.

Yeah ! well tell that to the people affected last evening by the bomb, and to the Tourism Industry when the revenue drops through the floor.

• Like 1

Without knowing the perpetrators of this crime it's pure speculation as to the motives. My speculation is it's a warning that the poor have had enough of the indifferent behavior and holier than thou attitude of the HISO's that are likely shoppers at Siam Paragon.....and they aren't going to take it anymore! biggrin.png

Without knowing the perpetrators of this crime it's pure speculation as to the motives. My speculation is it's a warning that the poor have had enough of the indifferent behavior and holier than thou attitude of the HISO's that are likely shoppers at Siam Paragon.....and they aren't going to take it anymore! biggrin.png

But unfortunately many of those LO -SO's are just too bone idle to get off their <deleted> and work hard ALL their life to build up their savings to maybe start some business for their next generation, instead theyll sit on the porch whining at why they dont have the latest phone/Mercedes etc etc

• Like 2

Typical Thai reporting. First they report it was two "transformer" explosions so as to minimize the possibility of fear of terrorism. Then they back track and state to IEDs planted under the BTS walkover to Siam Paragon. Wow, these Thais really know how to create doubt uncertainty and suspicion about their competency.

geez, give 'em a break. in any breaking news story there is confusion and inaccuracy at the start. would you rather a blanket ban on all news reporting until all the facts had been 100% verified. on the morning of Sept 11, the first thing i heard on the US national news was that a small plane flew into the WTC by accident.

Never underestimate some people's enthusiasm to bash Thailand!

• Like 1

Robert Amsterdam has been doing plenty of stirring up online and is always condemning Prayuth many accusations also , his remarks do not help thailand at all.

His remarks are never meant to help "Thailand", only the person who employs him. He's paid to put out a very biased, one-way story that favors the Shinawatra's interests, to further dissent and unrest, all neatly packaged up as "the truth".

• Like 1

"The attacks showed that martial law could not be lifted, said Army Lieutenant General Kampanart Ruddit, who is responsible for the Bangkok area."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/01/us-thailand-bombs-idUSKBN0L51NF20150201

False Flag anyone?

The C.I.A. must have taught them something.

BTW, where is the CCTV footage?

whistling.gif

Of course it is. Two piddly little things at emporium with no injuries.

Almost impossible to do yet generates full headlines.

Emporium ? You qualify to join Thai news reporting.

Edited by Anthony5

"The attacks showed that martial law could not be lifted, said Army Lieutenant General Kampanart Ruddit, who is responsible for the Bangkok area."

http://www.reuters.c...N0L51NF20150201

And please General let us know why your beloved martial law did not stop these bombs going off?

Martial Law isn't intended to 'stop' criminal actions, its an increase in powers for the authorities to act on criminal activity.

Personally speaking I believe these bombs are democracy in action.

Shin democracy that is....

If things don't go your way, say for example a family member has recently been charged with a crime. Use violence to focus attention away from the alleged misdeeds and incite mobs to cause disorder.

That way rather than facing up to the crime, the rule of the current authority is called into question.

I am pretty sure Shin democracy works like that.

You're more than correct in a lot of what you say, and I agree with most of it ... or it could be someone allied to the opposite side giving "justification" for martial law and the continued oppressions, censorship etc. Both sides are as bad as each other though when it comes to doing whatever is needed to get what they want (although I'd always put the "red" side as the worst at atrocities and lack of conscience or morals).

Is it just me, or does this seem like a botched / amateurish effort ? Put me in a speeding cab with a bucket of thumb tacks and I could injure several people in that part of BKK - even after the shops had closed. Either mistimed or someone looking for attention - it will be interesting to see where this goes.

it's just you.

So, the push back begins.

Or could it be (cynical me) that this was done by the military in order to say 'look, this is why we need matrial law'? The timing of this incident after all the fufurha this week over the US speech is too coincidental.

Either way, me thinks the promise of real elections just got pushed further into the future.

If anyone was watching Thai TV news this morning, they would realize it was those pesky Panda’s again obviously squeezing out between the bars while their caretakers were goofing off. Neglecting to maintain security to world zoological standards is to blame.

Edited by MK1

They have security check scanners... But unfortunately from Parking or from nowhere cafe's you can enter without any scanning or bag check. The most dangerous part is, there is no check for Cars entering the mall. There are many lifts can be used from multiple floors which don't have any security at all. All we can trust is pray Lord Buddha and stay safe.