Robbed In Sukhumvit

chandraM

Last week I was Walking hurriedly to Bumrungrad Hospital from Asok to See a friend's Son Who Just Came out of an operation, Around 8 in The Evening. In Front of The Chuvit Park After Soi 10, it's a bit Dark at this time of The Evening. . and there were also fewer people in this stretch.

Suddenly I See 2 katoey's Come towards ME and Hustle ME offering themselves for sex. A bit Taken back by this sudden intrusion on My Mission I tried to Push them out refusing their wares and wanting to Proceed to The Hospital Quickly. They kept Hustling ME with. .Both of them Pushing down on My Head The breasts of The One Who was in Front of ME. The Other was Behind ME. Went on this for a Couple of minutes, After which I freed Myself and Procceded on My Way to My Destination.I. . then did not realise what happened and was relieved to get rid of them.

The next Morning while in The shower was When I realized that My Gold chain from My neck was Missing. I tried to Think Where it could Have fallen off or IF Somebody pulled it off. Running The entire Sequence of events of The Previous Evening in My. . Head, I could Not figure out How it was Lost. After a Couple of hours it Struck ME As a Flash that it was at this brief encounter with The 2 katoeys that it Got robbed. They had snipped The chain out from My neck, which. . is what they came there specifically to do.

Next Day Evening I Went to The Lumpini Police Station and lodged a complaint. The officer at The Desk, although He wrote out The complaint was only constantly advocating that there was no Point in this As Nothing is Going Come out of it. Even though I. . SUGGESTED that they should Check today at 8 PM and those that Area 2 May Still be there, He dismissed Without Evidence The idea that they Can Not do anything. He was Not Even Willing to Catch them and interrogate them Even IF they denied it. At. least they would know that their Theft has been caught and The Police are Aware of it. As is wont, I Went back to that Area at 8 PM and The 2 were there that Evening Too although dressed Differently and Looking completely different and standing in The. . shadows instead of on the street.

So men particularly Asians who wear gold chains need to beware when they are heckled and hustled by Katoey's, they are after their chain and not offering themselves as would be normally thought.

A long time Bangkokian.

• Like 2

I too have various expensive gold chains and rings that I never wear, we keep them stored in a strong box at the bank. Don`t want to be a victim waiting to happen.

I am sorry for your ordeal and know this can be extremely traumatic. What you should have done is once you arrived at the hospital, claim some sort of injury, strained neck, rib pains, anything, then insisted that the doctor called the police. Otherwise the policeman was correct in saying that leaving it so long after the event to report this, you have no evidence, meaning; no reports of injury to yourself and by that time the gold chain was probably well hidden out the way somewhere. As they say; strike when the iron`s hot.

Sadly, this is something you will have to write off to experience.

• Like 2

They've been there for at least 15 years that I know of.

Usually by the footbridge.

They usually roam looking for drunks - touch them up and whip out their wallets.

They are really good at it....got my phone years ago...3 times

It was the one that was behind you wot did it.

You must have enjoyed it - going back three times.

Edited by phrodan
  • Like 2

You want me to believe that your head was kept pushed into the bosoms of one perpetrator for 2 minutes?!

You must be very accommodating.

I would have extricated myself within 5 seconds max, and hauled @ss outta there.

Assphyxiation could have been involved...

• Like 1

They will only do anything about it if you get some incidents on video and post it across the internet so the Thai media pick it up.

Then it will spread like wildfire. If you get such a video do post a link, someone here knows who to forward it to.

Same thing happened to us 4 weeks ago and to friends 2 weeks ago, is this Thainess?

Are you sure your 2 assailants were definitely Thai? There are reports of many criminals of several nationalities operating here.

One of my mates has his pocket picked in Rome - by an Albanian gang (they were caught).

If you have to walk alone at night in one of the dark sois I think I would leave my camera on recording mode , just in case you need some evidence later.

Edited by balo

They've been there for at least 15 years that I know of.

Usually by the footbridge.

They usually roam looking for drunks - touch them up and whip out their wallets.

They are really good at it....got my phone years ago...3 times

You got suckered 3 times? Slow learner?

its a joke mate,,

and you talk about slow,,,lol

ahhh...but is it...but even if it is a joke...could still have happened...but beetlejuice would need to be excused from reading this.

You want me to believe that your head was kept pushed into the bosoms of one perpetrator for 2 minutes?!

You must be very accommodating.

I would have extricated myself within 5 seconds max, and hauled @ss outta there.

In all probability the incident with the katoeys involved some consensual foreplay that he didn't reveal in his post.

Edited by DaddyWarbucks
  • Like 1

Katoeys are just bad news no matter where you see them. I have had some try to do the hug hug thing but have just spun around and gave them the dirty look and said in Thai that I not want.

You can buy gold here but never wear it.... Sounds stupid but it is good advise. If the Katoeys don't get you the guys on motorbikes will. Signs are posted everywhere in Bkk now.

post-40333-14231505450299_thumb.jpg