Farang neighbour almost sets house on fire out of crowing rage

Thaivisa News

After I moved to a condo with thick solid walls , I can't even hear the birds singing outside, It's just completely quite until I open the window and I sleep like a baby, best decision I have ever made.

Edited by balo

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idiot...luckily he has a reasonable neighbour

IF he had a reasonable neighbour she wouldn't keep bloody chickens while living in an urban housing estate! The WHOLE point is he doesn't have a good neighbour and after 10 incidents she's also pretty ignorant, arrogant or dumb.. Probably all three!

It's that "reasonable neighbor" thing... I'm not sure that actually translates well in Thailand, or at least not quite the way you'd expect anywhere else in the world.

We don't have chickens but our neighbors do. I've never been bothered by the crowing prior to sun-up. Criminy, they're chickens. That's what chickens do! Lol.

I think our brother farang should consider moving back into the city where only the noise of tuk-tuks and girlie-bars will disturb his slumber at 2am in the morning, and then the drunk expat neighbor with the bar-girl he hooked up with stumbles in at 4am to make boom-boom until sun-up.

I'd rather have the chickens next door personally. Lmao

Edited by connda

Situation Update in Phuket

I have just been informed that my neighbour who has been complaining for months about a whole load of roosters crowing 24/7 near his house has gone to the OrBorTor who has visited and told the owner of the birds to move them.

Just when that will happen is unknown, and possibly even unlikely.

Fortunately, my neighbour's house is between the roosters and my house, so the noise is tolerable for me. However, my neighbour next door to me did have some temporarily housed in his garden and the noise was intolerable.

Also, the house at the back of mine had one for a week or so. It kept me awake at night.

Those who think this is funny, or don't know the effects of long term sleep deprivation should come and visit my neighbour. He'll love to have a talk with you.

Chickens and roosters should not be allowed in housing estates. If you want them, go live in the country.

Personally, I despise roosters. I consider them to be one of the most annoying animals on the planet. The crowing is such an awful sound. It is so unpleasant. I understand his annoyance. I get it. Roosters should not be allowed in towns. They are ok for farms. Or rural areas. Especially the fighting cocks which crow all day long. They are especially horrific creatures. He could have tried having a discussion with her. Doubt it would have helped. He also could have been more discreet. At a home I formerly lived in I had someone happily poison about 30 cocks and roosters. It worked. Until the simpleton replaced them all. And we poisoned them again. And he replaced them again. A real scientific mind. Anyway, taking them out was fun and satisfying. My advice is, before moving into a new home or apartment, to come by at 5am and hang out for an hour. Then again at 5pm for an hour. You will learn alot about how quiet the area is. Or not.

I have just been informed that my neighbour who has been complaining for months about a whole load of roosters crowing 24/7 near his house has gone to the OrBorTor who has visited and told the owner of the birds to move them.

Fortunately, my neighbour's house is between the roosters and my house, so the noise is tolerable for me. However, my neighbour next door to me did have some temporarily housed in his garden and the noise was intolerable.

Also, the house at the back of mine had one for a week or so. It kept me awake at night.

Those who think this is funny, or don't know the effects of long term sleep deprivation should come and visit my neighbour. He'll love to have a talk with you.

Chickens and roosters should not be allowed in housing estates. If you want them, go live in the country.

Correct. And after having a discussion with the owner and not getting any cooperation, it is perfectly fine to poison every single one. It is easy to do. And fun.

See, what you're missing is that this isn't really about the noise roosters make. It's about lowly, worthless, ungrateful, no-account, uncivilized farangs who have no appreciation for being in Thailand (and coincidentally, no rights either - not vs a thai anyway - despite whatever they've invested in their house and THOUGHT they and all the other homeowners had agreed to....). Now if the situation were reversed, and it was the farang with the chickens or whatever and the thai neighbor burning down the farang's henhouse, why then of course the scumbag farang would AGAIN be the one who'd caused the problem and being read out by the clowns here on TV.

Farangs just need to know their place, FPS! They should simply stop their griping, bend over, and enjoy the experience! (And it goes without saying, just go home if they don't absolutely love it, of course).

Edited by hawker9000

I can't stand the bloody chickens either, they start about 4am every morning then every half hour after that, combined with the melancholy droning buddhist chanting from the local temple which they kindly amplify over the loudspeakers from 5am, then my neighbour's dogs start to wake up (she has about 12) which like to howl in unison, fight (and thus yelp) and quite recently one of the younger ones has started to pester my family's cats and will just stand a few metres away from them barking continuously like a 'dog alarm' until I get out there and throw a lump of concrete from our disintergrated front path at it.... one day I might be lucky and actually hit it.

Don't Forget the Beeping and Mumbling Loudspeaker guy selling items out of his truck

That goes on for two minutes and ends. The fighting cocks terrorize the area all day long. Nonstop. It is inexcusable. Once you have asked to have them removed and your request is denied, a whole course of actions is justified. Including killing any and all birds by any means necessary. Poisoning is preferred. Totally fair and justified.

Never ceased to be amazed by the sense of entitlement certain foreigners have on these forums. Hate dogs, hate chickens, are happy when my Thai neighbours don't talk to me anymore, don't want to speak Thai, can't stand my wife's family blah blah blah and on and on it goes. Must make it a nightmare to live here... in fact if you don't like it so much why not do what most sensible people would do and just move on

Second least creative post today.

I imported 2 wristrocket slingshots from US and use 50cal clay balls as ammo. Works well on chickens, stray dogs and pigeons

lol nice... I also have a slingshot...Can you tell me where to get the clay balls? I made some a few years ago but they didn't work very well. lol I've never hit a chicken that's come on our land but it scares them. Guess I need more practice or better ammo. :-)
Mosquito spray also works well, if you can get the rooster cornered. The death throes were shorter than I expected--but no less welcome.

People only notice these things because their bedrooms are too quiet, Always have a fan on, pointing away from you in the cool season. Any small noise outside will disappear, and you will get a good night sleep. White noise. Rain and wind sounds which can be found on the internet are also good.

Completely wrong. A rooster creates such an invasive noise, it can be heard over most anything, if it is close enough. You mentioned small noises. A rooster close by is a huge noise. A crazy, offensive, rude, obnoxious, terrible, heinous, foul noise. All who are offended by them have the right to destroy them, if they are in a town, and if the neighbor has demonstrated no interest in cooperation, in my opinion.

One wonders what he would have done if he had a karaoke joint next door,

a town dweller i suspect.

regards Worgeordie

Well he has chosen to live in Amphur Muang, which is classed as town.

I think it's really annoying to have that noise next door to you.

Exactly right. It is illegal in Thailand to have fowl in a town or any built up area due to disease etc BUT as is normal here in Thailand, to hell with the laws. I had such a rooster beside me who just didn't crow in the early morning but all day every 3 minutes. It was driving me mad.

I bought 2 speakers that you could plug a memory stick into (tesco sell them for 4000 baht) and I recorded a bull bellowing (downloaded it for free) and placed the speakers on the inside of my house window on her side. When I went to work in the morning at 7:15, I turned on the speakers and left them on until 5 pm when I returned.

She complained to the puu yai, he came to talk to me and the wife (she goes to work also) and she explained about the neighbors rooster crowing non-stop all day everyday. A compromise was reached and the neighbor gave the rooster to her son. Problem solved and the old bitch doesn't talk to us any more. Double result.

When if affects them it's a different story. Fight fire with fire but be nice. thumbsup.gifwai.gif

Great post!

People only notice these things because their bedrooms are too quiet, Always have a fan on, pointing away from you in the cool season. Any small noise outside will disappear, and you will get a good night sleep. White noise. Rain and wind sounds which can be found on the internet are also good.

Completely wrong. A rooster creates such an invasive noise, it can be heard over most anything, if it is close enough. You mentioned small noises. A rooster close by is a huge noise. A crazy, offensive, rude, obnoxious, terrible, heinous, foul noise. All who are offended by them have the right to destroy them, if they are in a town, and if the neighbor has demonstrated no interest in cooperation, in my opinion.

Take a chill-pill man. It's just a rooster... I'll never understand why some farang get their knickers up in a knot about nothing... They're just bl**dy chickens. The noise really isn't THAT bad!

I've heard couples talking in restaurants that were much louder, a lot more offensive mot to mention ruder and much more obnoxious than any chicken I've heard so far.

Learn to accept the things you can't change.

We don't have chickens but our neighbors do. I've never been bothered by the crowing prior to sun-up. Criminy, they're chickens. That's what chickens do! Lol.

I think our brother farang should consider moving back into the city where only the noise of tuk-tuks and girlie-bars will disturb his slumber at 2am in the morning, and then the drunk expat neighbor with the bar-girl he hooked up with stumbles in at 4am to make boom-boom until sun-up.

wow, you really enjoy your own jokes don't you?

You forgot the "rolling on floor........."

Take a chill-pill man. It's just a rooster... I'll never understand why some farang get their knickers up in a knot about nothing... They're just bl**dy chickens. The noise really isn't THAT bad!

I've heard couples talking in restaurants that were much louder, a lot more offensive mot to mention ruder and much more obnoxious than any chicken I've heard so far.

You were woken up in the restaurant by those couples?

;-)

You were woken up in the restaurant by those couples?

;-)

Thank you. A chill pill? Nothing short of heroin would make those horrendous creatures less annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

He actually lives in a housing estate:

Jurirat Pathama, who lives at the Phetmanee housing estate in Tambon Padaen of Chiang Mais Muang district,

I grew up in country Australia and love being woken up by the sound of a rooster crowing, reminds me of home. The little things that people take for granted and the pleasures that those who grew up in cities will never understand. What I hate is city noises and can never sleep, trams, trains,sirens and traffic etc. Give me the peaceful tranquil songs of rural life anytime.

Ah, yes. Those peaceful tranquil songs of rural life. cheesy.gif

Have you any idea what we are talking about?

Please turn the volume up:

The chickens don't crow. The roosters crow.

Don't know why the Thais like to have so many roosters around, they're dangerous little fellas, specially with young kids.

And they eat food for little benefit. Screw their necks!

Save the feed for the chickens = more eggs!

Them roosters all around bkk are bred for fighting, and it makes a lot more money for the owner gambling on rooster fights than any egg laying chicken would..... Eggs are cheap in tesco .... In comparison :)

I had this noisy nb. Nobody dared to tell him. Greng jai. One night of yelling, shouting and barking (the neighbour not his dog!) I told him if he would like me to do the same the moment he decides to go to sleep (1am). I have all the time as I don't work and he does and he wakes up at 7-8. He understood... Even came kissing my ass the next day. Then the neighbours came kissing my ass too. 555. Hub of hypocrites and ass kissers.

The chickens don't crow. The roosters crow.

Don't know why the Thais like to have so many roosters around, they're dangerous little fellas, specially with young kids.

And they eat food for little benefit. Screw their necks!

Save the feed for the chickens = more eggs!

Them roosters all around bkk are bred for fighting, and it makes a lot more money for the owner gambling on rooster fights than any egg laying chicken would..... Eggs are cheap in tesco .... In comparison :)

The roosters are bled for fighting. Just Google on methods for making roosters loose their feathers and you have found your solution...