Burapha Bike weekend

Hostile

Yes I will be going, I always do when I am home.

I hope they moved the location for this year, one time it was all the way out at silver lake which is too far away if you want to take a taxi home.

Edit; well i can see it's in a stadium, so perhaps the one they used before?

Edited by guzzi850m2

It's Ron "bumblefoot" that will be playing along with a local musician Werner Theunissen, who normally plays at Mood.

http://www.wernertheunissen.com/newsfeed.html

Band of Smiles will also be performing. One of the best local bands here.

Looks like Mr Werner likes to over exaggerate from time to time, not ?

the Burapa Bike Week – the largest music festival in Asia.

Think I'm a bit out of touch as I've never heard of Ron but nevertheless good to have new people playing.

Still think though to be honest Burapa should be big name Thai bands like SMF, Carabao etc, the majority of visitors are Thai but of course then your looking at big budgets.

Not there this year but I hope it all goes well.

:)

Lets see if Triumph have a stand with reduced pricing structure

No chance. Because their factories in Chonburi are in a bonded area, they save on some Thai taxes, but the bikes are treated as imports if sold in Thailand. Thank you Mr Bloor. Luckily the new Ducati Scrambler looks a cracker at half the price of a Bonnie.

No chance. Because their factories in Chonburi are in a bonded area, they save on some Thai taxes, but the bikes are treated as imports if sold in Thailand. Thank you Mr Bloor. Luckily the new Ducati Scrambler looks a cracker at half the price of a Bonnie.

It's seems like you are not aware of the new heavily reduced prices on certain Triumph bikes.

http://www.britbike.co.th/Triumph_Motorcycle_Thailand,_Britbike/Price_List_ENGLISH.html

• Like 1

Looks like they've got most of the infrastructure already set up at the stadium and some of the club tents are ready to go as well. Still have a bunch more as a lot of the clubs won't set up until tomorrow. Then it will be the regular madhouse trying to get around inside the grounds.

There is a "pre-Burapa" party tonight (Club Endorphine) on Walking Street. The guitarist from Guns and Roses (Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal - GnR from 2006 to present) is supposed to perform around 10 or 11 pm from what I heard at the stadium today. Should be loads of Harleys and other big bikes up and down Walking Street tonight as well.

The ride through the city is supposed to be Saturday afternoon (sometime after lunch I believe). Should be a good go again this year. They've set up a new area beside that water reservoir for alcohol sales (apparently there is an issue with selling alcohol at the stadium now, as it is on "government" land).

Think I'm a bit out of touch as I've never heard of Ron but nevertheless good to have new people playing.

Still think though to be honest Burapa should be big name Thai bands like SMF, Carabao etc, the majority of visitors are Thai but of course then your looking at big budgets.

:)[w/quote]

Last year there was several stages with one mainly Thai music and the other mainly European but did include a Thai reggae band that were quite good. The stages were full size festival type with lighting and big pa

I have read somewhere that there will be a beatles tribute and one of the blues bands that Werner plays with or maybe they will be backing the guns and roses bloke. By the way there is a Pink Floyd tribute at Mood bar tonight Phratumnak soi 6 past the night market on the right as you drive towards the sea

By the way there is a Pink Floyd tribute at Mood bar tonight Phratumnak soi 6 past the night market on the right as you drive towards the sea

Thanks for that - absolutely adore Floyd but it has to be done properly. If you get a chance tonight, check out the YT vid of David Gilmour at the Royal Albert Hall doing Comfortably Numb with David Bowie sharing vocal chores : utterly fantastic from go to whoa and one of the best guitar solos you will ever hear. 60+ and I doubt that too many guitarists in their 20s and 30s could match him - let me know what you think after watching the vid.

As of last November the taxes were scrapped and the prices fell by at least THB 250,000 see attached link.

http://www.britbike.co.th/Triumph_Motorcycle_Thailand,_Britbike/Price_List_ENGLISH.html

:)[w/quote]

Last year there was several stages with one mainly Thai music and the other mainly European but did include a Thai reggae band that were quite good. The stages were full size festival type with lighting and big pa

I have read somewhere that there will be a beatles tribute and one of the blues bands that Werner plays with or maybe they will be backing the guns and roses bloke. By the way there is a Pink Floyd tribute at Mood bar tonight Phratumnak soi 6 past the night market on the right as you drive towards the sea

Heard about that.

I was the first venue in Pattaya that the pink Floyd tribute band played at a few years back when they did burapa before.

In the UK this year so won't make any of the concerts.

Went last year though (and the previous years).

[emoji4]

I was there on day 1. Some notes:

-If you want to meet Ron Thal, the guns and Roses guitarist, this is no problem as he walks about freely.

-There is a Pink Floyd tribute band from UK that plays 1 hour. Sensational.

-Would be better if chairs and/or haystacks were available for seating in front of the stage. Bring a straw mat if you can.

-When you exit, all drivers are forced out a very dusty back road with no lighting. Then you must find your way back to Sukhumvit from this dark, unmarked road. There was zero signage. It took me 30 minutes to get to Sukhumvit. Poor planning.

-As happens every year, motorcycle riders want to park their bikes in front of or near their stalls so there are constantly big bikes often at speed on the narrow walking paths and concert field. There is literally nowhere safe. Watch your six.

• Like 1

Is Lam Morrison doing a set this year?

smile.png

We left at midnight as a really good Thai band started playing. Just couldn't stay any longer, but could have been him. Not sure.

Ron's band was great. Tonight is his "big" performance. Paul Camilleri's band played before and was great. The Pink Floyd band had some sound issues and were way too loud and just off tempo. They really struggled.

We sat at one of the biker's places. Ordered some food from them and drinks and sat there from 5pm till we left. A bit far from the stage, but it was OK. Bring ear plugs if you don't like really loud music.

Great event!

Is Lam Morrison doing a set this year?

smile.png

We left at midnight as a really good Thai band started playing. Just couldn't stay any longer, but could have been him. Not sure.

Ron's band was great. Tonight is his "big" performance. Paul Camilleri's band played before and was great. The Pink Floyd band had some sound issues and were way too loud and just off tempo. They really struggled.

We sat at one of the biker's places. Ordered some food from them and drinks and sat there from 5pm till we left. A bit far from the stage, but it was OK. Bring ear plugs if you don't like really loud music.

Great event!

Bit far away for me. :)

As said earlier the Pink Floyd band "New Machine" played in my old place on their first Pattaya tour, they were'nt bad.

:)