Irishman accused of assault in Udon Thani

webfact

Irishman Accused of Assault in Udon Thani
By Khaosod English

UDON THANI — Police say they are looking for an Irish tourist who allegedly smashed a brick into the face of an Irish expat in Udon Thani province early this morning.

The victim, who said he teaches English at a local school, told police through an interpreter that he met a fellow Irishman traveling through the province and invited him over for a drink last night.

According to the victim, an argument broke out after several hours of drinking, leading the tourist to smash a brick in the victim’s face, causing him to bleed profusely. The suspect then fled the seen quickly, the victim told police.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1423654167

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-02-12

While working on the fourteenth floor, some bricks I had to clear
And to throw them down from off the top seemed quite a good idea
But the gaffer wasn't very pleased, he was an awful sod
He said I had to cart them down the ladder in me hod.

What is it about Udon Thani and violence between foreigners?

No idea - do tell us...

It could be a genuine question.............................

Last time my friend was in Udon, he had to duck for cover after an all in brawl spilled into the streets. I've also seen other reports of brawls in Udon. Sorry, but we don't see brawls in Bangkok. Does that help?

Couple of Irish guys made front page of the Sydney paper here in Australia recently. They were brothers had a fight about nothing and one almost killed the other.

I assume all the fighting takes place up there as there are no girls left in town as they have all taken off to Pattaya.

Couple of Irish guys made front page of the Sydney paper here in Australia recently. They were brothers had a fight about nothing and one almost killed the other.

I assume all the fighting takes place up there as there are no girls left in town as they have all taken off to Pattaya.

Oh the Irish down there in Sydney Australia..luv there fightin they do lol

What is it about Udon Thani and violence between foreigners?

No idea - do tell us...

Last time my friend was in Udon, he had to duck for cover after an all in brawl spilled into the streets. I've also seen other reports of brawls in Udon. Sorry, but we don't see brawls in Bangkok. Does that help?

Not really. It doesn't answer the question.

Have to admit last time I was up that way i also bumped into some drunken louts.

Must be about 2011 where i went with a Thai friend up to udon thani and we went into this gorgeous irish pub restaurant..great food..just these 3 youngish guys in their 30's , i gathered they were locals..started making fun of my Thai friend because he looked feminine..they were drunk and we were eating up near the door..the staff knew them obviously.

My friend knew what was going on and he was half their size but was ready for them..i wasnt ,i just didnt care for their loud immature remarks.

Edited by georgegeorgia

No idea - do tell us...

Not really. It doesn't answer the question.

More to do with your comprehension that my explanation