"Son, there's two kinds of men in this world..."

RikDao

and that in Thailand...Don't know what some crazy US cop would have done....

shoot him if he were black...

Why is the US always thrown in the mix?

Maybe because of stuff like this: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/02/12/us/alabama-police-beating/index.html

This is but one, recent example. Unfortunately, this happens all too often in the good ole USA.

Edited by Berkshire

and that in Thailand...Don't know what some crazy US cop would have done....
shoot him if he were black...

Why is the US always thrown in the mix?

Not sure. Where there is smoke there is fire?

Not necessarily - We use smoke simulators for fire drills

Think the point was that nowhere is perfect. Wish to compare another country? Most have their stereotypes. US was mentioned but probably because they are often used as a benchmark for other countries behavior.

Won't be long before the brits and yanks are at it again

• Like 2

I have no problem with tats per se but I suggest people think long and hard. Around the pool these days (I work in a hotel) you are now beginning to see these middle-aged people that were rebels once and did all these rad tats. Today they probably work in finance or something and gravity is taking its toll. Not so nice.....

• Like 2

Maybe he was a tv member and was upset,after getting posts from yeah siam or soi biker,this could make anyone lose it.

Clearly I've gotten under your skin because you're

continually yammering on about me even when I'm

not taking part in a thread. I wonder if SoiBiker's

equally flattered.

• Like 1

Got to love those self-righteous foreigners that will complain non-stop about the week law enforcement, corrupt police, poor driving standards but themselves are, of course, above the law (or so they think).

In the US he would have been tazered multiple times:-)

Lucky bloke, he must be white to only get tazered, from what I see in the news the cops are trigger happy in the land of Seppos.

In Pattaya I once saw a certain kind of farang get pulled over on a big bike. Wearing nothing more than flip-flops and a bathing costume. He started immediately shouting abuse "Big Boss my friend, tomorrow you NO HAVE JOB". Next thing you know the moron is getting face-first slammed on the ground. If it wasn't so violent I would have thought it comical, who behaves like this?

• Like 1

There's this "I know people!" line that a lot of farang come up with whenever they're in a challenging situation. Friend of mine once was driving and saw a foreign guy in distress so pulled over, gave the guy a lift. Turned out the guy was trying to catch a bus and none would stop. During the lift the guy just kept on "they're not getting away with this, I know people, this will be put right!" and so on. You'll hear it in Phuket, Pattaya, HH, etc.

I don't get it.

Looks like Pattaya cop wasn't too impressed either. Shouting, yeah, that always does the trick.