Good News from Thai Immigration - 90 day report is now possible online!

webfact

Lad Prao 'Office' - Immigration 'officials' stated online reporting does NOT work properly/much at all.

Not 'expecting' to working until next year, 'ar-ja/maybe'

ive only read 1-2 reports of 'success', so am unable to comment further.

waste of time & money either way - getting to that dungeon/mall in lad prao is a joke.

Though not quite as fkd as getting to and from Chaeng Wtfanna!

Done!

I'm in the Sakon Nakhon immigration district. I reported online without issue.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats.

you are now the 3rd person to claim success.

I reported online with no problem (and I didn't even enter my flight number which I thought would be an issue). So am i number 4 or was someone missed out?

I got an approved email, but I don't see where on their website to print out the accepted form, or a place to log in. Using the newest Explorer 8.

I just did the online report at https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do, Step 1: Fill up Personal Information.

It seemed to accept my input as OK, but just said "For further information bla bla bla.....contact your local immigration office".

That looks like a failure, as there were no further steps, no place to put an email address, etc.

I got an approved email, but I don't see where on their website to print out the accepted form, or a place to log in. Using the newest Explorer 8.

I just did the online report at https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do, Step 1: Fill up Personal Information.

It seemed to accept my input as OK, but just said "For further information bla bla bla.....contact your local immigration office".

That looks like a failure, as there were no further steps, no place to put an email address, etc.

Yes, that is the failure message. Maybe you get that only once, as they should now enter the correct data for you into their system when you go there in person. But maybe their system can't handle certain data - such as TM6 cards that are 12 years old. I will find out tomorrow when I get within the 15 day reporting window.

I'm sure I will get the same message as I've never heard of anyone being successful with a really old entry date.

Yes, I was successful in filling out the form, then they sent me an email that said I was approved, but to go to the Immigration website to copy and print the form to put in my passport. But there is nothing on the website that shows where that form is or how to get to it. Has any actually done this? Someone before said to sign into the site, but there is no place to do that either.

Yes, I was successful in filling out the form, then they sent me an email that said I was approved, but to go to the Immigration website to copy and print the form to put in my passport. But there is nothing on the website that shows where that form is or how to get to it. Has any actually done this? Someone before said to sign into the site, but there is no place to do that either.

A friend of mine did it: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/819887-online-90-day-reports-now-possible-in-phuket/?p=9351497

I'll be doing it tomorrow for the first time.

Go to the same link as posted above and click on Check the status of your application.

post-566-0-73656800-1436561086_thumb.jpg

I enter the Kingdom in 2013 July (mean I am a youngster) and wasn't able to do the 90 day registration three months ago online (MS IE).

It was impossible ... no trusted MS certification (MS IE) at all ... after filled the data could not submit the form.

Now I tried (MS IE) again and ... failed again with the certification and got message ...

... for further information regarding the 90 day registration please ... bla bla bla

You can trust me ... we've checked all possibilities up and down ... I guess they just like to see me personal.

The only one may possible a failure creating ... we didn't use a plain, car or ship ...so we select others (cant use the other options ... no number)

Do I miss some spot in a corner?

Edited by MusV

Oh dears ...

I tired and give up ... will do it as usual ... walk in ...

Tried with IE in Chrome and in FireFox ... always the same ...

For further information ... bla bla bla ...

Sometimes ... in around 90 days I'll try again.

Thanks alot to all the good tips and help.

Having fun and a good healthy life.

Regards to all ...

I am getting an insecure message (no https ) when I start the TM47. I'm not using IE but this is not a browser specific issue I don't think. There appears to be no signed certificate to shake hands.

Are people here just going ahead and taking a chance and filling out the TM47 without a secure connection?

I am getting an insecure message (no https ) when I start the TM47. I'm not using IE but this is not a browser specific issue I don't think. There appears to be no signed certificate to shake hands.

Are people here just going ahead and taking a chance and filling out the TM47 without a secure connection?

I did. Wasn't successful though. See my post #313.

It is still an encrypted connection, just that the certificate is self signed and not a commercial one. Better than what they did a week or two ago and data was 'in the clear'.

It is still an encrypted connection, just that the certificate is self signed and not a commercial one. Better than what they did a week or two ago and data was 'in the clear'.

This is what I was thinking. While the top level might be a commercial certificate, the programmers did not extend that certificate to the lower level 'extranet' which is part of the immigration's intranet.

I would call my adventure with this an 'epic fail'. :-) I will point out that I use Linux and therefore cannot use IE.

I went to the website, accepted the terms (the submit button works here) in both Firefox and Chrome.

In Firefox the response time to echo the last character typed was often 1-2 seconds. An eternity to someone filling out a form. Then half way through the first page all input stopped. Firefox was taking a huge amount of system resources. I killed FF and started again. 3 times I quit.

Chrome was fine until I hit the submit button on the bottom of page one. No response. Zilch. After 3 tries with Chrome and the submit button failing, I decided to mail it or visit.

As I previously stated the man from Immigration downstairs at my condo 3 days ago said to mail the 90 renewal to the new address. Well he was wrong. Nancy today stated that the 90 days should go to the Airport address for now as they are still in transition. The fine stamped on the white sheet says overdue notification is not exceeding 5,000 bahts. This begs another question does mean 5,000 baht for say 4-90 day failures or just 1-90 day failure. If the latter is the case that could mean 20,000 bahts fine for 4 missed 90 days in one calendar year. Any comments anyone been fined?

As I previously stated the man from Immigration downstairs at my condo 3 days ago said to mail the 90 renewal to the new address. Well he was wrong. Nancy today stated that the 90 days should go to the Airport address for now as they are still in transition. The fine stamped on the white sheet says overdue notification is not exceeding 5,000 bahts. This begs another question does mean 5,000 baht for say 4-90 day failures or just 1-90 day failure. If the latter is the case that could mean 20,000 bahts fine for 4 missed 90 days in one calendar year. Any comments anyone been fined?

This topic is about 90 day reports. The maximum fine for late reporting has always been 2,000 baht.

This topic is about 90 day reports. The maximum fine for late reporting has always been 2,000 baht.

Sorry your wrong and you cannot use the word always like it its cast in stone it is definitely NOT. I just did my 90 days today and the passport insert that is cut off the bottom of the T47 bottom left hand corner is stamped(and this is new for me) it reads "This is THIS IS NOT REPEAT NOT AN EXTENSION OF STAY please notify your ADDRESS again(key word being address which means as previously stated you should NOW take proof of address when you do your 90 day reporting and in my case Oct. 19,2015" and underneath that it also reads I quote. Keep in passport and in brackets (the fine of overdue notification is not exceeding 5,000 bahts CHANGED) Now this part as I state above could get tricky. I have a friend who refuses to do his 90 days and goes in for his annual and paid the 2,000 baht fine some 4 months ago when he did his annual extension. As you know the rules for immigration are changing all the time. As I state this is rather a loose interpretation as it COULD pertain to him and well the rest of us. They could if they wish say to him well you have missed 4X90 reports and they could according to the wording say that the fine of 5,000 bahts is for each 90 day period which is what your passport insert covers ONLY. They could then say "you have missed 4X90 days reporting and thus the fine is 4X5000 bahts or 20,000 bahts. The rules as previously stated here on TV are interpreted by the immigration officer you are dealing with. This is a new office and possibly new rules so be aware and take address ID with you when you do your 90 reporting.

The maximum fine for late reporting is 2000 baht if you go in to immigration. However, if you are caught or arrested then the fine is 5000 Baht.

• If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

However, as elgordo38 has mentioned the TM47 receipt shows 5000 Baht max. Again, that is if you are caught or arrested and not if you voluntarily go into immigration. Believe the immigration website information may be out of date regarding 4000 Baht.

post-566-0-69547500-1437585388_thumb.jpg

#elgordo38 - The 2000 Baht is for each time that you go in with late reporting not an accumulation of missed reports. Miss 1 90 day or 4 the fine is still 2000 Baht. I must have missed 40 of them as I didn't do any for the 1st 10 years here as it was not enforced and not even that well known that it was a requirement. Caught up with me and, yes, 2000 Baht fine for 10 years late reporting. biggrin.png

The maximum fine for late reporting is 2000 baht if you go in to immigration. However, if you are caught or arrested then the fine is 5000 Baht.

• If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

However, as elgordo38 has mentioned the TM47 receipt shows 5000 Baht max. Again, that is if you are caught or arrested and not if you voluntarily go into immigration. Believe the immigration website information may be out of date regarding 4000 Baht.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

#elgordo38 - The 2000 Baht is for each time that you go in with late reporting not an accumulation of missed reports. Miss 1 90 day or 4 the fine is still 2000 Baht. I must have missed 40 of them as I didn't do any for the 1st 10 years here as it was not enforced and not even that well known that it was a requirement. Caught up with me and, yes, 2000 Baht fine for 10 years late reporting. biggrin.png

Thank you for all the replies on this subject. It looks like one could just skip the 90 day reporting annually pay the 2,000 baht fine and walk away or if you abuse this system do they in time deport you? Why pay some agent a ridiculous amount of money like 6,000 to 15,000 baht to do your reporting just forget it so much cheaper just paying the annual fine no headaches/hassles and you save money. I am surprised at this statement above"Caught up with me and, yes, 2000 Baht fine for 10 years late reporting." Did this person not do his annual visa extension? If so they should have caught him annually failing to do his 90 day reporting. This appears strange.

I am surprised at this statement above"Caught up with me and, yes, 2000 Baht fine for 10 years late reporting." Did this person not do his annual visa extension? If so they should have caught him annually failing to do his 90 day reporting. This appears strange.

Nothing really to be surprised about. When I arrived here 22 years ago 90 day reporting was not enforced and many were not even aware of it. I probably did 20-30 extensions in that 10+ year period. This is when extensions based on work was not a one stop service and approval came from Bangkok. Sometimes I may get up to 5 or 6 30 day (6 months total) 'waiting for approval' stamps.

Actually for several years I never saw immigration as the university did my renewals via proxy letter. That stopped when immigration told them they want to see me in person from now on. Did a few more annual extensions, still no 90 day reporting, but caught up with me when I went in for an annual extension and the IO looked through my passport for the 90 day receipt. She asked me if I had done 90 day reporting and I gave that 'I have no idea what you are talking about' look. biggrin.png She then pointed to the building next door to file my TM47 and paid my 2000 Baht and back to immigration to get the extension. It was clear that if I didn't do it, no extension which was fair enough.

Have not missed one since.

BTW, 'this person' was me. smile.png

<snip>

Have not missed one since.

BTW, 'this person' was me. smile.png

biggrin.png

Same with me. When I first came here to live I had a vague recollection of having to do something every 90 days but clean forgot about it. Eventually found out what it was all about and went to Soi Suan Phlu and they took me to a small room and made me cough up the 2,000 baht and put a nasty looking stamp in my passport.

I, also, have not missed one since. smile.png

• 1 month later...

This piece of junk of a website (immigration 90 day) is still not working in any version of IE, does anyone know if it is still possible to do the 90 day report by post and if so, do you know which address it should be posted to in Chiang Mai as there are now 2 offices?

Cheers