Toyota Hilux finance options

moto45

Does anyone have any info on getting a new hilux on finance?

Basically I want to know what the initial down payment is and then how much the monthly payments would be a for how many years. I know there is obviously a few different options and obviously it will vary from dealer to dealer but if anyone has any past experience with this they could share it would be great.

If you don't have any info then you don't need to comment. I am aware I could go to a dealer and ask them but im offshore so thats not a option. So no trolling please

Question is too vague..

1) downpayment expected is different for Thai with credit history or westerner without one.. Thais can be 10% or so, farangs often need 30 - 50.

2) payment ranges from 48 months to 72 or even 84 months.

Also when you say new hilux, do you mean new purchase or new model.. I understand the old model being sold now is getting 0% terms currently.

As far as I remember you need to make at least 40 to 50% down payment as a foreigner otherwise you need a Thai guarantor to co-sign the finance agreement.

The finance is the same all over Thailand, it's either Toyota finance or Thanachart in very few cases there could be other banks. If you go to a dealer they can give you an overview of the different options, it's part of the price list.

Be aware indeed there is a new model coming up and it looks like they increased the prices before they started the promotions phasing out the current model line.

They are very reliable cars, but rather thirsty, if you drive a lot you may look for more economical cars.

It's not your question but go for a Chevrolet Trailblazer. A super strong car with lots of upsides, turbo diesel injection, 200 horsepower, 500 torque, 8 different brake safety systems, board computer and navigation. And good financing options. A great car. My friend has one and I tried it. THAT would be my next buy

• Like 1

It's not your question but go for a Chevrolet Trailblazer. A super strong car with lots of upsides, turbo diesel injection, 200 horsepower, 500 torque, 8 different brake safety systems, board computer and navigation. And good financing options. A great car. My friend has one and I tried it. THAT would be my next buy

Early last year i was looking at a chev as well.

I was told they are not made in thailand and the parts have to be imported.

I was also told that the chev service provided for servicing was lousy.

The advice given was to buy a toyota or honda as they are both made in thailand and the service is good and spares available.

So from my research i didnt buy a chev but bought a honda and have had great service and it seems to be a great car.

If hes after a pickup suggesting an SUV is a change of direction..

Surely the new colorado would be the suggestion..

The finance is the same all over Thailand, it's either Toyota finance or Thanachart in very few cases there could be other banks. If you go to a dealer they can give you an overview of the different options, it's part of the price list.

I think Tisco gets pushed a lot..

Always makes me wonder what kickback or how that works.. I am sure there will be something.

I'd fully recommend the vigo, 7+ years of trouble free driving for us, re the finance its more than 7 years since we financed but id suggest to pay particular attention to the small print, wife took out 4 years finance when purchasing the vigo, we paid it off 1 year early saving the tidy sum of only 200 baht,,,

The advice given was to buy a toyota or honda as they are both made in thailand and the service is good and spares available.

So from my research i didnt buy a chev but bought a honda and have had great service and it seems to be a great car.

This is not true.

Chevrolet is made in Rayong as both Toyota and Izusu.

I bought a Chevy Colorado Z71 one year ago and had it for service two times and I give the service garage top kredit.

And about a month ago the battery went dead, I called Chev 8 am and said I have an reservation on the golfcourse at 10 am, 8.45 they where at my house changing battery on guarantee.

My next buy will be a Trailblazor. More car for the buck then Toyota that is overprized.

Edited by pbonline

Ok thanks for the help. I wasnt aware they were bringing out a new hilux, I will probably wait for that to go on sale.

So 30-50% deposit seems the going rate and 10% or so for the mrs. I am aware there are different payment lengths, 48, 72 months and so on, hence why I said I knew there was a few different options. I was just curious how much the payments would be for any of the monthly schemes just for an Idea.

I may look in to a Chevy but its all about price. In my own country I would never be buying any of these 2 cars but cars are so bloody expensive in Thailand I cant have the car I want. So Im just buying something something that I wouldnt be pissed of at driving all the time. I have even looked in to building a kit car with a hayabusa engine but then the registering of the car becomes the issue. Also I will need to check the price of parts for a chevy. Im a HGV mechanic by trade so I will be doing all the servicing myself unless there is free servicing. Again if I went with a Chev it would be a colarado so I can get a motocross bike in the back.

When looking at financing in Thailand most places will tell you to piss off unless you have a work permit but there is financing for persons in the Kingdom without at WP you just have to look around. For those of us in the Kingdom without a WP the bank is going to look at other aspects to determine if your loan would be worth the risk like the number of years you have been living here, how much history and amounts on your local bank statements (bank book), income earned outside the country (home country bank statements), employment history (length with current employer) and finally salary.

If this is your first loan then you can expect they will want 50% down and they will also push for a Thai co-signer but if you are well enough qualified in the other aspects you should be able to get the loan based on those merits.

For example my recent financing was 50% down with the remainder paid over 4 years with no co-signer. I am living in Thailand on the 30 day visa exempt (I work 28/28 offshore), have about 3.5 years of banking history at K-Bank, a fair amount of money passing through the account and provided bank statements from my account at Citibank in Singapore.

Hope this helps..

Kurt

Moto45.....

perhaps I can answer your question with some more relevant information (as opposed to the other crapspewers on this site)

We are in the process of trying to get financing thru Toyota Leasing (because we want the full discount being offered).....

The sales people told us we could put 20% down (although you could also put 15% or 25% according to the Toyota Sales brochure)

without a guarantor. My wife and I thought that would be acceptable.

HOWEVER.....then the matter got turned over to the Finance people and they said we needed to put down 25%....of course we consider this to be just the average thai-scamming-bullshit to get more money up front.

We stood firm on our position which the sales people suggested to us and which we had already agreed to

Now we are dickering back and forth with Toyota Finance....

Sooooooo.....in the meantime we contacted TISCO?? They offered us a lower percentage than Toyota so we proceeded to go with this new finance deal

HOWEVER.... when we contacted Toyota again and told them we would finance with TISCO.....they said we could not have the 70,000 b discount if we did not finance thru Toyota.

What Crap!

This is where we are at right now....still negotiating and waiting and playing phone tag....LOS - Land of Scams

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Moto45.....

perhaps I can answer your question with some more relevant information (as opposed to the other crapspewers on this site)

We are in the process of trying to get financing thru Toyota Leasing (because we want the full discount being offered).....

The sales people told us we could put 20% down (although you could also put 15% or 25% according to the Toyota Sales brochure)

HOWEVER.....then the matter got turned over to the Finance people and they said we needed to put down 25%....of course we consider this to be just the average thai-scamming-bullshit to get more money up front.

We stood firm on our position which the sales people suggested to us and which we had already agreed to

Sooooooo.....in the meantime we contacted TISCO?? They offered us a lower percentage than Toyota so we proceeded to go with this new finance deal

HOWEVER.... when we contacted Toyota again and told them we would finance with TISCO.....they said we could not have the 70,000 b discount if we did not finance thru Toyota.

What Crap!

This is where we are at right now....still negotiating and waiting and playing phone tag....LOS - Land of Scams

Joshstiles,

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I have some fun and games ahead. I will be back in bkk in a couple of weeks from work and I will need to visit a dealer and start the ball rolling. Tisco will be my first stop after getting the dealers demands

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

When looking at financing in Thailand most places will tell you to piss off unless you have a work permit but there is financing for persons in the Kingdom without at WP you just have to look around. For those of us in the Kingdom without a WP the bank is going to look at other aspects to determine if your loan would be worth the risk like the number of years you have been living here, how much history and amounts on your local bank statements (bank book), income earned outside the country (home country bank statements), employment history (length with current employer) and finally salary.

If this is your first loan then you can expect they will want 50% down and they will also push for a Thai co-signer but if you are well enough qualified in the other aspects you should be able to get the loan based on those merits.

For example my recent financing was 50% down with the remainder paid over 4 years with no co-signer. I am living in Thailand on the 30 day visa exempt (I work 28/28 offshore), have about 3.5 years of banking history at K-Bank, a fair amount of money passing through the account and provided bank statements from my account at Citibank in Singapore.

Hope this helps..

Kurt

Kurt,

Im actually in a similar position to you as I work 42/42 offshore. So I come in and out on the visa exempt stamp at the moment to. I have 5 years banking history with SCB and can provide back statements from my home country too.

If you dont mind me asking, where did you get your financing?

Moto45.....

What Crap!

Are you talking about a 70k discount from the list price of the vehicle ?? Or are you talking about a 70k saving because they are (I am told) offering a 0 % finance deal currently..

What are they offering on a cash purchase v list price ??

I have never heard of anyone getting so much off list here, and have been told over and over the margins for dealerships here are razor thin..

70k discount due to finance sounds strange, the entire 5 year finance cost on my missus's car was only around that.. Possibly its related to trying to clear out the old model stock ??

Maybe its

• Like 1

Hope this helps..

Kurt

Kurt,

Im actually in a similar position to you as I work 42/42 offshore. So I come in and out on the visa exempt stamp at the moment to. I have 5 years banking history with SCB and can provide back statements from my home country too.

If you dont mind me asking, where did you get your financing?

Toyota NaJomtien

Kurt

I just bought a toyota Yaris 4 months ago

all I had to show them was my bank account with my 800k retirement visa money

financed thru the dealership at 2.3% over 4 years

they used Kiatnakin bank ???? never heard of them before

I was going to pay cash but of course a lot of freebies dissapeared if I didn't finance

I was going to wait 3 months then pay it off but at 2.3 % I get more with a term deposit so I guess everyone is happy

the only hicup was my age,,,the lady from the finance end phoned me and said over 65 was a problem but it was her fault she did not check as she never thought I was that old when meeting me

so if I made 6 months payments up front the financing would be approved,,,,

BS or compliment,,,who knows,,,again at 2.3% paid it and put the rest in term deposit

I did have a good down payment but can not remember the percentage

they seemed to be a little shaken when I walked in with a huge chunk of cash and laid it on the desk

I was going to pay cash but of course a lot of freebies dissapeared if I didn't finance

I was going to wait 3 months then pay it off but at 2.3 % I get more with a term deposit so I guess everyone is happy

the only hicup was my age,,,the lady from the finance end phoned me and said over 65 was a problem but it was her fault she did not check as she never thought I was that old when meeting me

BS or compliment,,,who knows,,,again at 2.3% paid it and put the rest in term deposit

they seemed to be a little shaken when I walked in with a huge chunk of cash and laid it on the desk

Since that is common here to buy a car that way it is very unlikely they were shaken.

Since that is common here to buy a car that way it is very unlikely they were shaken.

Especially as it was only a deposit...

Even land deals are pretty routinely done cash.. Ours was..

And this has some bearing on the OP's question about Toyota finance ????

"If you don't have any info then you don't need to comment. So no trolling please."

Me thinks some of you guys have way too much time on your hands.

Just sayin..... Mal.

Especially as it was only a deposit...

Even land deals are pretty routinely done cash.. Ours was..

Don't equate the interest rate they quote with the rate you get on deposit with your bank as it's calculated very differently eg 3% is actually more like 5.8% in real terms. For full explanation see a thread entitled "vehicle finance interest rates" I posted couple of weeks ago rather than rehash it here. I had a very good answer with the maths attached.

I've decided now to pay cash but am undecided on the Isuzu or Chevrolet Colorado (dismissed Toyota due to upcoming model change). The technical spec on the 2.8 Colorado (engine and gearbox) seems superior to Isuzu equivalent and cheaper too. Two things concern me. Sat nav is not standard on Chevrolet but listed as an accessory,so is this some aftermarket bolt on kilt and thus inferior to the factory fitted inbuilt offerings of others? I can't make myself understood on this point in my communications with dealer. And secondly the wife has warned about lower resale value/ depreciation on the Chevrolet which is a valid point long term. Appreciate some feedback please on my concerns