Noisy travelers in hotel

Biloger

Last nite a bus load of impolites

and selfish teenagers occupied the whole 5th floor above my room. What a circus! No such a thing as no noise after 11 pm. It was still going on when i returned to my room at midnite thirty. Had to visit the reception twice to tell them to put a stop at that nonsense...

• Like 2

I think this can happen anywhere that there is a group. I was in a hotel in New Orleans once and the whole floor above me had been reserved by school kids for a football game. They ran up and down the halls and yelled and slammed doors and - The hotel finally let me move to a room that was several floors above them. I could still hear them but at least they weren't stomping on my ceiling.

Remember checking into a hotel at Thap Sakae south of Hua Hin with my (Thai) girlfriend at the time. On the second day, a group of students from Bangkok arrived. My girlfriend told me we should check out right away, warning me the students would get noisy even before the sun rose.

Usually it is groups of people that generate noise in a hotel, more so than for instance couples fighting out a marital war.

Personally I am tolerant of folk when they are enjoying themselves. However, the guy and gal that were arguing last night at 3am did pish me off.
probably due the fact I couldn't make out what they were arguing about.. The gal did seem somewhat angry!

Was at the Cha Am Novotel for one week early February and two business events played discotheque music from 8 pm to after midnight for 3 nights out of the 7. Sad that Thai people on a seminar need to keep hotel guests awake as they do during the many village parties.

Hotel management just condone because a group of 50 to 100 people pays better than a few individual tourists. Money counts obviously. This was a beach resort, yeah.

Live and let live............coming in at 00.30 am is hardly late in Pattaya........many still have yet gone out !!

So you are assuming that everyone in this forum is staying in Pattaya?

90% although only 10% will admit to it..............thumbsup.gif

oooh the noise. Get a grip everyone is trying to enjoy themselves. We have all been young.

Especially when *FUN* appears to be a concept on its way to extinction. I don't recall a time when there was less fun to be had than now. WAY too much misery around.

Actually, I think there's more people who can't tolerate other people's noise or presence. General social intolerance has been on the rise big time.

Not intolerance, life, either spent in Iceland or Thailand have some guidelines about moral and manner, when the opposite regularly shows its ugly head worldwide the noisy group are naturally seen as low educated and bad behaved people.

oooh the noise. Get a grip everyone is trying to enjoy themselves. We have all been young.

Especially when *FUN* appears to be a concept on its way to extinction. I don't recall a time when there was less fun to be had than now. WAY too much misery around.

fun does not mean you keep people awake at obscene hours, fun does not mean getting pished out of your head....................although these days for many it seems thats all that matters.

Even good and quiet places recommended on Agoda or TripAdvisor cannot avoid a random busload of that crowd. What is missing in those cases is the application of the noise rule that every hotel post in their premise. Hotel managements should make sure this rule is enforced. In my case the receptionist did nothing even after seeing all on the security monitor. And the night guard usually sleeps somewhere in the parking lot.

Can't remember the name but years ago a read a book about ancient Rome and it included a chronicle by a man traveling from the provinces to Rome and how vigorously he complained about noisy and rude fellow guests at accommodations along the way.

It ain't new.

• Like 1