Low-priced food corners received warm welcome by people: Thailand

webfact

Low-priced food corners received warm welcome by people

13-2-2558-11-23-08-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Budget food corners initiated by the Commerce Ministry at the food courts of commercial shopping malls as part of its effort to alleviate rising living cost for the public received warm welcome by the people.

More will be expanded to the provinces.

This was revealed after the director general of the Department of Internal Trade (DIT) Boonyarit Kalayanamit inspected Food Park at Central Plaza Chaengwattana to ensure that food sellers have complied with the Commerce Ministry’s request.

The department last week sought cooperation from the private sector’s food courts to sell inexpensive food to the people.

He said all shops sold the 10 popular menus at 40 baht each. They put up the Ministry’s logo “Nu Nit Pha Shim” and display clear price tags

The project is aimed at reducing the cost of living and providing the public with alternative food choices.

The four-month campaign is scheduled to be expanded to other provinces on Feb 17.

The service will be available in modern trade centers including Big C Supercenter, Central, Tops, Tesco Lotus, The Mall, Makro and MBK Center.

Meanwhile from Feb 14 onwards, inspectors from the Internal Trade Department and Commerce Ministry will begin inspecting retailers of consumer products, both in fresh markets and shopping malls, to ensure that their prices are not too high.

Retailers who take advantage of buyers will face an imprisonment of no more than seven years, or a fine of not exceeding 140,000 baht, or both.

The public are urged to call hotline 1569 if they are overpriced.

(Photo : Thai PBS File)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/low-priced-food-corners-received-warm-welcome-people

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-13

One suspects there will be numerous TV members who will be thrilled with this news competition for the THB 99 breakfast me thinks

One wonders if one can pre book a table or does one leave an umbrella on the table on arrival ?

Oh and are the balloons complementary ?

Edited by Soutpeel

One suspects there will be numerous TV members who will be thrilled with this news competition for the THB 99 breakfast me thinks

One wonders if one can pre book a table or does one leave an umbrella on the table on arrival ?

Bt99 for breakfast? You can get a set for only Bt59 at Foodland between 6-9am, two eggs with ham, sausage or bacon. Two toasts, coffee or tea, and a glass of juice.

Bt99 for breakfast? You can get a set for only Bt59 at Foodland between 6-9am, two eggs with ham, sausage or bacon. Two toasts, coffee or tea, and a glass of juice.

My apologies I am not up to speed on the latest cheap Charlie deals in town, allow me to rephrase your honour "competition for the thb 59 "breakfast" me thinks"

Wasn't it supposed to be 35 Baht ? Anyway, plenty of places around where to find those dishes for less than 40 Baht.

So what is this low price food corner thing all about ??

The higher price for the cheap food includes charges for the air-con.

Wasn't it supposed to be 35 Baht ? Anyway, plenty of places around where to find those dishes for less than 40 Baht.

So what is this low price food corner thing all about ??

The higher price for the cheap food includes charges for the air-con.
.....and a space to park the new Fortuner. Edited by losername

heart and vascular diseases Will increase because of the low quality. Low quality of food was a big issue for the Thai gouvernement one year ago. So we save a few baht now and pay for health problems later.

Who cares about long-term consequences? The present ministry officials must be seen doing something now.

Band-aid solution to a serious problem caused by decades of elite theft from the poor - want to fix the problem properly, let democracy flourish.

That would just change the group of elite, and has been shown to commit theft not only on the poor, but also from the National treasury.

• Like 1