Central Pattaya Underpass Construction Site Road Crash

Rimmer

Central Pattaya Underpass Construction Site Road Crash

crash-62.jpg
PATTAYA:--As construction of the Central Pattaya Underpass on the Sukhumvit Road begins, the number of incidents connected with the construction site are beginning to mount-up. The latest incident took place on Friday Morning which left a pick-up truck on its roof.

Police and medics were called to the Bangkok-Bound carriageway of the Sukhumvit Road in Central Pattaya just before 7am and were confronted with an overturned pick-up and its driver, who sustained minor head injuries.

Khun Thinnakorn aged 29 works for a car rental company and was on his way to the Central Pattaya Bus Terminal from South Pattaya, where he was due to deliver the pick-up truck to a customer of his rental company.

He was less than 300 meters from the Bus Terminal and was in the right hand lane preparing to move into the left lane and failed to see the start of the construction site and cement barriers in the road. As he was about to take evasive action he spotted a vehicle on his left side preventing him from moving to the left. The truck clipped one of the cement barriers causing the truck to roll over multiple times.

- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/170976/central-pattaya-underpass-construction-site-road-crash/#sthash.8XVBdREo.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-02-14

• Like 1

There will be no accidents over the coming weekends........with Valentines and the Chinese New Year coming up, the traffic will be completely grid-locked, so speeding is out of the question.....I guess.

Apart from that........the re-surfacing of the Sattahip bound part of Sukhumvit between Soi 69 and 75 is still going on, but now it's the 2nd lane from the left. Be prepared!!

• Like 1

No where in Thailand have I seen adequate warnings of construction until you are on top of it. Safety always seems to be the last thing on peoples minds here.

That's true, but click the link and see the rest of the pics. The guy was flying. He knocked some concrete barricades quite a distance.

There will be no accidents over the coming weekends........with Valentines and the Chinese New Year coming up, the traffic will be completely grid-locked, so speeding is out of the question.....I guess.

Apart from that........the re-surfacing of the Sattahip bound part of Sukhumvit between Soi 69 and 75 is still going on, but now it's the 2nd lane from the left. Be prepared!!

There will be some idiots around in the early hours tho mate.

No where in Thailand have I seen adequate warnings of construction until you are on top of it. Safety always seems to be the last thing on peoples minds here.

That's true, but click the link and see the rest of the pics. The guy was flying. He knocked some concrete barricades quite a distance.

indeed, from the damage he caused it doesnt look like he was driving at a safe speed and taking due care and attention.

That is what happens if you drive a car while foaming at the mouth, as most driver in Thailand do.

I pick up my son at school in Soi Korpai daily, so you can imagine what a traffic congestion it is on that small road when hundreds op parents come pick up their child.

Everyday I see bikes and cars accelerating when passing that school, only because there is a lot of fuss near the entrance of the school.

By the way there is a policeman who stands inside the grounds of the school, but who can't be bothered to take care of the problem...............until some students are killed I guess.

• Like 1

No warnings long time ahead is excisiting and the thai drivers are either sleepiong while driving or as crazy and busy with mobile phones or anything else instead watching out what is going on on the road!

Inshallah..ups no its Budhism!

I clicked the link and read the whole article and I couldn't believe it when I read this

" The driver decided not to go to Hospital ".

In my opinion that is just stupidity because only a doctor after a proper examination can decide if they were any latent injuries that may not readily be apparent.

Yeah. Looking at those photos it does seem he was not driving within safe limits. In fact well beyond safe limits.

anyone driven to / from pattaya lately will come across that construction out near laem chabang on the main highway which forces you left on both sides of the highway to make way for some overpass it appears they are building.

If you are still alive and reading this, you no doubt were lucky enough to see the left hand arrows (all 2 of them) about 500 meters from the turn off while approaching at highway speed limit in that area which is I believe 120 kmh.

anyone driven to / from pattaya lately will come across that construction out near laem chabang on the main highway which forces you left on both sides of the highway to make way for some overpass it appears they are building.

If you are still alive and reading this, you no doubt were lucky enough to see the left hand arrows (all 2 of them) about 500 meters from the turn off while approaching at highway speed limit in that area which is I believe 120 kmh.

But at that location they have at least 500 banners that say " safety FIRT".laugh.png

• Like 1

But at that location they have at least 500 banners that say " safety FIRT".laugh.png

I have been back and forth to Pattaya a few times over the last couple of weeks for meetings and feel they should have a 1) tow truck and 2) ambulance on standby near this location - failing that someone with some white spray paint / chalk and skilled at dodging traffic who also works part time for an insurance company.

I clicked the link and read the whole article and I couldn't believe it when I read this

" The driver decided not to go to Hospital ".

In my opinion that is just stupidity because only a doctor after a proper examination can decide if they were any latent injuries that may not readily be apparent.

Perhaps his head is worth less than the cost of the hospital bill? smile.png

Considering he works for a car rental company in central Pattaya I am very surprised he was not aware of this construction project.

Most, if not all, Pattaya regular drivers have already been impacted by it.

Note to self... keep eyes open today in this area.

no im sure there would have been some branches on the road a few meters before, whats inadequate about that?blink.png

whats also fun is the cops leaving the lane funnelling barriers in place even when they are not using them to collect, causing traffic snarls

on open dual carriageway roadsbah.gif

Wonder if he still has a job?

Maybe if he had slowed down and driving at normal speed he would have seen the construction work I never drive too fast on Thai roads and never had an accident. Edited by balo