Why I will never buy another Ford vehicle.

maderaroja

I bought a Ford van and a Ford 4WD for the hotel I work in as well as a Ford for myself. Every single one has had repeat problems with the A/C, airbags, and ABS.

Never another Ford, that is for sure. A lady at the dealer told me they are assembled in Turkey and known for the poor workmanship...........

• Like 2

134,000 km??? "vehicle with so little mileage"???

clap2.gif

I don't know where you are from, but in Texas, we don't think that a vehicle should need many parts, beyond normal service, until after it has reached more than 250,000 miles, about 400,000 km.

Yes, but that's just one round trip across Texas on interstate 10. tongue.png

I can't get a good steak near I10. I'd have to take a side trip to Amarillo.

• Like 1

Don't think it's only in Thailand. In the USA fords break down with regular occurrence, and they are much more expensive to repair. Don't like them at all. Japanese cars are the most economical to run.

I'm sure that has nothing to do with how many are on the roads either does it? rolleyes.gif

Moved to the motoring forum.

I have looked carefully on the face page for TV and I see no "Motoring Forum". Where are the other forums that are frequently referred to from various post to the main forum?

Business in Thailand, jobs in Thailand sub forum.

clap2.gif

I don't know where you are from, but in Texas, we don't think that a vehicle should need many parts, beyond normal service, until after it has reached more than 250,000 miles, about 400,000 km.

Yes, but that's just one round trip across Texas on interstate 10. tongue.png

You are not far wrong... From Orange, Texas on the border with Louisiana to El Paso, it is 898 miles...

clap2.gif

Are those stop and go city miles? Big difference between stop and go and open highway. 134,000 km that's about 80,000 miles is a lot to put on a vehicle in one year. That is about 220 miles a day. No time for servicing on the road constantly

On the other hand you could have got a lemon. How much had the previous owner put into it. Had they done the normal upkeep. Had they kept the fluid levels up?

A lot of unanswered possibilities here.

Edited by northernjohn
  • Like 1

A friend has a Ford Feista only 2 years old

It was shuddering when driving

Went to Ford dealer Told has to have a seal replaced

Under warranty as part was faulty Maybe made in Turkey

The service lady say fix under warranty

Had a friend go to pick it up after repair under warranty

Was told 800 baht

Friend had to go to see then then told service manger

Part fixed under warranty

He gave in and gave her the car with no payment

Typical of any service manager

Try to get you to pay Under Warranty

This is Thai Style

• Like 1

Any vehicle nowadays with that high a mileage in such as short space of time (assuming the car is not that old) will likely give you issues. They are driven hard here in high heat, high humidity city settings... bit different to dry Texas with those big open roads. rolleyes.gif

However, the service manager's throwaway this-is-Thailand line narks me somewhat. So what he's basically saying is, put up with it because my country is crap and we don't give a ****. whistling.gif

So you dislike people telling you the truth

In Britain we always called them '' Dagenham Dustbins ''. However; the older models were always good workhorses and easily repaired so they were always popular.

Despite improved engine technology i personally do not consider that it is reasonable to expect any car to last up to 400,000 klicks without any major mechanical problems occurring, especially when it's secondhand and nobody knows how the vehicle was treated by its previous owner. Indeed; a car with 134,000 on the clock may well be clapped out if it has been thrashed as a fleet vehicle by Rep's and such like who show little or no care for anything they drive as ''it doesn't belong to me ''. Today's engines may well want to go on and on but other mechanical components are likely to give up and require replacement at regular intervals after around 150,000 klicks.

The price of secondhand cars in Thailand is a bad joke and it's better to go and buy a new one and take your chances with Thai build Japanese. At least you start with warranty !