When to do the next one year extension ?

Beng

I'm on a non-o one year extension that ends on June 15th., while my next 90 day report is due on May 17th.

Questions:

Will I get another 90 days on May 17th, or only up to the 15th of June, when my current extension expires ?

When do I need to do the next one year extension ?

Thanks.

Edited by Beng

Will I get another 90 days on May 17th,

You're not getting 90 days. You are reporting that you already have been in the country for the previous 90 days.

If you remain in country for another 90 days you will need to report again regardless of what sort of extension or permission you have.

• Like 1

On a non-imm B I've previously done a 90 day report a few weeks before my extension and was stamped that my next report was due the day I extended. This was at Chiangmai immigration, maybe 4 years ago. I don't know if the policy is still the same.

On a non-imm B I've previously done a 90 day report a few weeks before my extension and was stamped that my next report was due the day I extended. This was at Chiangmai immigration, maybe 4 years ago. I don't know if the policy is still the same.

Not last year in CNX.. My 90 day was done and given past my extension end date..

• Like 1

I have just received my new work permit for next year up until march 31st 2016. My non B visa expires on may 6th 2015 but when i went ti Khon Kaen immigration to extend the visa I was informed that i was on a 30 day tourist visa and had to go to Laos.

I have been working at the same school since January 2014 and went to Laos in February 2014 to obtain my non B and have been doing 90 day reports ever since.

Am i missing something here? Do immigration mean i cannot get an extension unless I go within the 30 day expiry period of the non-B and not sooner.

If this is the case would it be possible to get my extension in Krabi immigration office as i will be on school holiday down there until the beginning of May? The woman at khon Kaen immigration was singularly unhelpful and refused to explain anything apart from repeating 'tourist visa' and 'go to Laos'!

Many thanks

Go to the immigration at May the17. for the 90-day-report and for the extension of your visa.

Good answer.

90 day reports 15 days before to 7 days affer due date.

Extension up to 30 days before due date.

You have to do the extension before you can do the 90 days.

I have just received my new work permit for next year up until march 31st 2016. My non B visa expires on may 6th 2015 but when i went ti Khon Kaen immigration to extend the visa I was informed that i was on a 30 day tourist visa and had to go to Laos.

I have been working at the same school since January 2014 and went to Laos in February 2014 to obtain my non B and have been doing 90 day reports ever since.

Am i missing something here? Do immigration mean i cannot get an extension unless I go within the 30 day expiry period of the non-B and not sooner.

If this is the case would it be possible to get my extension in Krabi immigration office as i will be on school holiday down there until the beginning of May? The woman at khon Kaen immigration was singularly unhelpful and refused to explain anything apart from repeating 'tourist visa' and 'go to Laos'!

Many thanks

Are you sure that you do in fact have a "B"visa ?

If so it is long expired if it was a single entry visa. If by chance you have a multi - entry visa that would have required you to leave the country every 90 days and no 90 reporting would be needed.

There are no 30 day tourist visas only 30 day "visa exempt" entries. Have you recently crossed a border and returned to Thailand ?

An extension of stay is usually only done within the last 30 days of any 90 day permission to stay. In your case supportive paperwork would be required from your employer and the extension would have to be applied for at the Immigration office which services the area in which you live and work.

I would suggest you urgently clarify exactly what is stamped in your passport.

Go to the immigration at May the17. for the 90-day-report and for the extension of your visa.

Well, that way I am loosing one month on the current extension.

No, if you do your extension 30 days before, the expiry date for you will be June 15, 2016.....you don't get penalised.

• Like 1

Quote: I'm on a non-o one year extension that ends on June 15th., while my next 90 day report is due on May 17th.

You can get your extension up to 30 days before it's expiry without losing any days.

Your next extension would be valid from 16th June even though you applied for it on 17th May.

May 17th is a Sunday by the way, but you can go on the 18th (14 days before or 7 days after for 90 day report)

That sounds like what my Immigration officer told me in Nakhon Sawan last year, but my 90-day reports are pretty much based on the day my visa is marked as due anyway. So what she told me when I did my report in May was that I wouldn't do the next one in August because I would be renewing my extension and the two actions were equivalent. Anyway the system they have now I don't care. I go in, wait for the next officer to be free (usually less than five minutes), confirm the address where I'm living, and that's it. It's only ten minutes by motorcycle from home to Immigration, so I wouldn't mind if I had to go every week. When I did my extension she put a different card in there, I didn't really pay it much attention, just went back ninety days later.

Edited by Acharn