Single Serving Rice Cooker

mulder12345

I know the concept of only making enough rice for one person is an alien one here but I would like to know if anyone has seen these small cookers in any of the stores in CM? Tesco-Lotus Super Highway does not have them. I will be living in a monthly rental hotel and I doubt if I can use a small stove.

• Like 1

I bought a rice cooker a while back but it's not non-stick. It's so much work to clean it that I just end up buying rice from markets when I need it. Some day I'll get around to buying a new rice cooker with non-stick.

Edited by Jingthing

Most of the stores that sell appliances will have at least one model of a small rice cooker. But, as mentioned it may be a real cheapie and difficult to clean. I'd rather use a slightly larger one and have a non-stick pan and steamer tray. That way you'd have more options. We often steam fish with the rice cooker, or boil pasta or oatmeal. I think even one person would need a larger rice cooker to do that.

Thank everyone for the input. I was looking for something small and portable in a back pack as I have not set up permanent rez yet. I will take a look at Siam Electronics and Big C. I know I can buy it pre-cooked but I like to add my own touches to it.

Thanks again.

you can always buy steamed rice at the local food shops.

Yep, you can. Should be not more than 10 Baht.

Right, though it's often the cheapest stuff, and not always cooked to perfection.

Not to get all rice-snobby here, but when you make it yourself you can just get the highest grade, or optionally mix two kinds, like mixing in some brown or wild rice. Hilltribe rice is also excellent.

And you absolutely need a non-stick one with a heavy inner pot. Cookers with thin tinny pots are terrible, and especially for small portions.

This is one of those cases where you should just get the most expensive one you can find. Typically Japanese.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Yeah I bought my non nonstick one by accident. Didn't know any better. I like to use rice noodles instead of rice a lot in cooking though. Those you just boil and can also buy good precooked ones in markets.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app