Phuket: No chairs. No eating. No smoking. 'Chairgate' becomes a fiasco (video)

webfact

well typical gorienge people allways moaning about some thing they should think them self lucky they can afford to travel to thailand as many people dont even have enough money to feed them selfes

What are you on about? And what is gorienge people?

• Like 1

"The Game of Musical Chairs" - and when the music stops, there will be no tourists left to even worry about finding a chair to sit on.

I used to love Phuket before the hoardes of tourists came and messed it up. Maybe I will start going there again

• Like 1

i think this is all due because they don't have the balls to tell the vendors to truely get lost!

So now instead they play the waiting game and wait for the vendors to slowly dwindle away any hope of a return to their monopoly

My opinion - the NCPO have severely shaken up the usual long long standing order of money payment by vendor to police/mayor and up the chain. And now many folks see a chance to dislodge that long standing order and try to get their small slice of the action. As I have stated before - they are all killing off the goose that lays the golden egg, but what does that matter to them. Many more flights landing at Phuket Airport today - ah ... but how many are turning left on the main highway ??

• Like 1

Here in Pattaya there's no beach chairs on Wednesdays , and that's a good thing actually. The beach looks better , more space for everyone and I bring my own chair, Very relaxing.

Now if only they could start picking up the trash...

• Like 2

You'd think that after decades of being a top 10 tourist destination, Thailand would have at least some idea of how to deal with tourists and know what (as a tourist) they want.

I guess not. This has all (in part) lead to the massive decline in tourist numbers, the massive increase in negative reviews of Thailand online and the mass confusion everywhere about what is and is not allowed or acceptable in Thailand.

All this crap that's going on now isn't about tourists.....as stupid as it is, it's about the beach chair and umbrella mafia grubs......the authorities and cops havn't a clue how to manage them and are obviously quite scared.........kindergarten politics.

• Like 1

What a BS video from an idiot presenter

Anyone can hire a chair

All they have done is stop the vendors from taking over the beach with their chairs and forcing tourists to rent them.

Rent one from off the beach and place it where you want, easy

If you are staying there for a month and can't afford to buy a folding chair you shouldn't be visiting Thailand

No that isnt what the governor, police chief, or navy boss are saying..

No chairs.. Hence the videos of police trying to stop people with their own chairs..