Honda Wave air pressure

dave_boo

There's only ONE thing that will prevent the tire from exploding at 73psi (yes, I've blown up enough tires to know the limit), and that's a new sticker that increases the limit- since changing to a '100psi max load' sticker, I haven't had a single problem.

I rode my gsxr with my rear tyre with low air pressure once and the bloody thing fell off and rolled into a khlong. It did! I was fortunate to come away unscathed. Fortunately a passing motorist took pity and lent me a spare from his trunk. Imagine my surprise when it fit perfectly and I was able to ride on to Pirelli for a replacement. The guys there were well impressed.

The sticker works both ways- had you put one on that had the minimum load listed at 5psi, you would have been fine.

Would it work for speeds too? I would like a sticker that says 300kph max speed

22151-group3ww-l.jpg

Cheaper...plus you can go all Rainbow for your condom blowing up antics.

Steel braided brake lines? I was thinking of buying one of those shower hoses from Home Pro and fitting my brake line through it to give it the appearance of steel braiding. What do you think?

Tensile strength combined with resistance to oil indicates that perhaps it would work...as long as you replaced your DOT brake fluid with ​naam plaa. But make sure you use the second draw stuff. First draw has too many impurities and later draws do not contain as many of the essential omega 3 fatty acids.

Try to keep up boo. The rivers and canals up North are drying up and there's not enough of the fish to make naam pla. There's a couple who's been doing it for fifty years and they've had to lay off staff.

I wonder if I could substitute the puncture proof slush stuff with first draw of naam plaa.

Steel braided brake lines? I was thinking of buying one of those shower hoses from Home Pro and fitting my brake line through it to give it the appearance of steel braiding. What do you think?

Tensile strength combined with resistance to oil indicates that perhaps it would work...as long as you replaced your DOT brake fluid with ​naam plaa. But make sure you use the second draw stuff. First draw has too many impurities and later draws do not contain as many of the essential omega 3 fatty acids.

Try to keep up boo. The rivers and canals up North are drying up and there's not enough of the fish to make naam pla. There's a couple who's been doing it for fifty years and they've had to lay off staff.

I wonder if I could substitute the puncture proof slush stuff with first draw of naam plaa.

You want the slurry left over from the last draw. Bonus points if you thrown in a couple of handfuls of plastic bb's to keep the wheels balanced.

My Wave has a sticker on the swingarm with the recommended pressures. Pretty sure they say 29 up front and then the back has different pressures depending on whether or not you have a pillion. I usually do 30 up front and 40 in the back because I'm a fatty.

Wow, what a great idea. I don't think any of my bikes have such a sticker. Anyone knows where I can purchase such stickers?

My car has such sticker. In fact, I think most cars have them. Just go to Toyota and ask. They might have spares that you can use for your bike.

My Wave has a sticker on the swingarm with the recommended pressures. Pretty sure they say 29 up front and then the back has different pressures depending on whether or not you have a pillion. I usually do 30 up front and 40 in the back because I'm a fatty.

Wow, what a great idea. I don't think any of my bikes have such a sticker. Anyone knows where I can purchase such stickers?

My car has such sticker. In fact, I think most cars have them. Just go to Toyota and ask. They might have spares that you can use for your bike.

Yes, my pickup has such a sticker too. Maybe I can save some money and just take a picture with my iPhone, email it to myself, print it out and blu tack it to my swing arm

You and your fancy book learning. Didn't anyone tell you men don't read directions?

You're right, my mistake. I'll take off the sticker immediately and inflate both tires to 65 psi. Actually maybe I should go ahead and change my tires for dek wan style bicycle tires (inflated in the most manly manner possible of course).

That only works if you have multi-coloured spoked wheels with fake Brembo brakes.

You seem to be assuming that my Wave doesn't have those things already. whistling.gif

^

I know it works for horsepower, so probably.

I've had great results with my CBR. I took of the "300R" sticker and replaced it with one that says "1000RR." It's actually a little bit too much power for me though (I'm still kind of a noob) so I'm thinking maybe I should get a CBR650F sticker instead. I don't want to hurt myself.

• Like 1

You seem to be assuming that my Wave doesn't have those things already. whistling.gif

And 1/2 the plastic taken off to reduce weight?

Now we're talking. The chain guard is also long-gone (obviously), and I've covered the entire thing with green LEDs (which give the best gain in hp).

• Like 1

^

I know it works for horsepower, so probably.

I've had great results with my CBR. I took of the "300R" sticker and replaced it with one that says "1000RR." It's actually a little bit too much power for me though (I'm still kind of a noob) so I'm thinking maybe I should get a CBR650F sticker instead. I don't want to hurt myself.

EXACTLY- you're the kind of intelligent, experienced, outside-the-box thinker we need more of around here- it's tough carrying the load by myself.

• Like 1

Now we're talking. The chain guard is also long-gone (obviously), and I've covered the entire thing with green LEDs (which give the best gain in hp).

Why would you use Kawasaki's colours?

I for one would never condone unsafe riding but in this case, maybe a half helmet will shave off further ounces as opposed to a full face with internal visor and pinlock?

• Like 1

Why would you use Kawasaki's colours?

Green LEDs have been shown to give greater hp gains than red or blue LEDs in numerous independent studies. I'd post a dyno chart but unfortunately I'm accessing the forum from my Nintendo and I'm unable to post images.

• Like 1

I for one would never condone unsafe riding but in this case, maybe a half helmet will shave off further ounces as opposed to a full face with internal visor and pinlock?

I'm currently using a plastic construction worker's helmet I bought as part of a Halloween costume last October. It is extremely light, and if I look straight down at the ground it is also very aerodynamic.

• Like 1

I'm currently using a plastic construction worker's helmet I bought as part of a Halloween costume last October. It is extremely light, and if I look straight down at the ground it is also very aerodynamic.

I bet that will add a 0.25 second in a 1/4 mile! Good choice!

• Like 1

As I said in my previous post for 5 baht you can get this done in a couple of seconds, another minute to drop the pressures to recommended 2 bar front 2.1 bar rear, or 2 bar for both it makes no difference.

No need for all this rubbish about exploding tyres, it will never happen, unless the guy has a heart attack and leaves his finger on the trigger with "dead man's grip". You are only paying 5 baht, that means 10 seconds of air.

I run mine at just over 2 bar and after a week or so they are down to about 1.7ish, so the mean is about right, this is a shopping bike not a GP racer.

You don't need stickers either if you are doing every fortnight, can't you remember one number?

Edited by AllanB

Now I see my problem. I thought that by having more holes, I would have less air resistance but I see now that I also need to make it more aerodynamic.

post-143305-0-82992900-1425114873_thumb.

Now I see my problem. I thought that by having more holes, I would have less air resistance but I see now that I also need to make it more aerodynamic.

attachicon.gifbucket helmet.jpg

I would keep it as is. I don't think it's safe to increase the MAX speed on that little scooter, also keep the stock stickers, a 1000RR sticker will make it a very dangerous ride.

You won't handle that much power anyway! ;)

As I said in my previous post for 5 baht you can get this done in a couple of seconds, another minute to drop the pressures to recommended 2 bar front 2.1 bar rear, or 2 bar for both it makes no difference.

No need for all this rubbish about exploding tyres, it will never happen, unless the guy has a heart attack and leaves his finger on the trigger with "dead man's grip". You are only paying 5 baht, that means 10 seconds of air.

I run mine at just over 2 bar and after a week or so they are down to about 1.7ish, so the mean is about right, this is a shopping bike not a GP racer.

You don't need stickers either if you are doing every fortnight, can't you remember one number?

It's not just one number mate. My bikes have two tyres each, pickup's got four. That's in total... eh... eh... I forget but anyway, it's more than one number that I have to remember.

I run one bar. How do you manage to run 2 bars at the same time? Are they in the same location? How do you manage all the staff issues, inventory, cash totals etc etc?

• Like 2

^

Interestingly, as long as the cumulative pressure in both tires adds up to the recommended total, you're fine- 68psi in back and 10psi in front on a bike that recommends 42/36? No worries.

Think about the steering response on that bike!

I binned my plans of buying a Honda Wave after reading this topic.

Too complicated with this air pressures so I will be looking for another scooter.

Bike forum are just sooooo cool man and gives the best info and for free too.

Awesome man now I just saved myself big head aches with this air pressure thing.

Thanks again guys, you are the best.

Get a Suzuki Smash....can't go wrong with that name!

Suzuki-Smash-V115SCD.png

I binned my plans of buying a Honda Wave after reading this topic.

Too complicated with this air pressures so I will be looking for another scooter.

Bike forum are just sooooo cool man and gives the best info and for free too.

Awesome man now I just saved myself big head aches with this air pressure thing.

Thanks again guys, you are the best.

Get a Suzuki Smash....can't go wrong with that name!

Suzuki-Smash-V115SCD.png

I have a better solution. Get these and you don't have to worry about tyre pressures anymore. Nor punctures for that matter

post-143305-0-24787600-1425117127_thumb.

• Like 1