Thai opinion: The emperor has few clothes

webfact

Elections are the only legitimate way to change governments? No democratic country follows this alleged consensus. All of them have impeachment proceedings and criminal courts that can remove government leaders. Maybe the OP should take a brush up course in political science. ,

• Like 2

Elections are the only legitimate way to change governments? No democratic country follows this alleged consensus. All of them have impeachment proceedings and criminal courts that can remove government leaders. Maybe the OP should take a brush up course in political science. ,

looks like the air is getting thin up there, ... you need to come back to earth... whistling.gif

• Like 1

When will the rest of the world listen to what they are told?

There is democracy and Thai democracy. Same same but different and we know whose version the Thai Junta will say is best.

Of course all the embassies, people critical simply do not understand.....

Just have the junta conduct a poll amongst all foreign heads of state and all will be fixed. 97% will be in favour of and support Thailand 100% and then you will have the 3% who don't understand. Uncle Too could release the findings of this poll on Friday night.
  • Like 2

No doubts Prayut is the head of a very Thai coup.....or a very Thai "dictatorship".

I never heard of a military "dictator" explaining its acts every week on TV...even a Democratic president doing that.

And...no doubts... that many countries leaders, many foreigners, and many expats, cannot understand how things are done in Thailand....and will be better for them just shot up and leave Thailand alone with its Thainess...

• Like 1

Sorry! Thailand's so called 'bad reputation' is not as a result of coups/generals/non-democracy. It is a as a result of the shared and recorded experience of greed, corruption, racism in Thailand by people who have come here and won't come back! In the wilds of Issan life goes on. We are more worried about rain than dictators/soldiers/farangs/democrats/tourists....etc.

• Like 2

Didn't HE say - only good news can be reported? The Nation has CROSSED the Line!!! Haven't they been briefed about why it was NECESSARY to declare Martial Law? So dense - these people from The Nation. Almost like those KWAI in the provinces...

Yes but you go to the courts you do not replace the government at gunpoint

You can see that this coup isn't like others and that there is a very specific long term goal in place, no discussion allowed of this however so I won't elaborate.

Dash it all, there I was thinking that the coup happened because of corruption and a looming civil war, at least that's what I read on here.....................................coffee1.gif

• Like 1

No doubts Prayut is the head of a very Thai coup.....or a very Thai "dictatorship".

I never heard of a military "dictator" explaining its acts every week on TV...even a Democratic president doing that.

And...no doubts... that many countries leaders, many foreigners, and many expats, cannot understand how things are done in Thailand....and will be better for them just shot up and leave Thailand alone with its Thainess...

Huh? Prayuth commandeers television time and that means he's not a dictator? That's the most desperate rationale I've read yet!

My apologies if you were being sarcastic.

Huh? Prayuth commandeers television time and that means he's not a dictator? That's the most desperate rationale I've read yet!

I guess umbanda hasn't lived in places where there has been TV broadcasts and state run news amid the likes, I mean Saddam never did this, neither did Ghaddafi, I don't think Kim Il Jung participates much on state run TV these days either, so I guess what umbanda is saying, is he hasn't a clue what he is saying!! ?

• Like 1

You can see that this coup isn't like others and that there is a very specific long term goal in place, no discussion allowed of this however so I won't elaborate.

Dash it all, there I was thinking that the coup happened because of corruption and a looming civil war, at least that's what I read on here.....................................coffee1.gif

Agree with you here. If the corruption and civil conflicts became any worse, where would the country be?

look at all the slightly bent BIB who are behind bars.

Didn't Yingluck, Abhisit, Somchai, Samak and Thaksin do exactly the same thing when they were in power?