Beach Worker Protesters Take a Stand Outside the Prime Minister’s Office

Jacob Maslow

Not sure why more people do not rent the chairs under the unbrellas

We were there a while back and the chairs only cost 40 baht for the day

Some time in the sand and heat and some in the shade

Maybe people just cost a lot so they do not bother

Did notice that none of the chair/umbrella had price lists visible, maybe they should

but with all the empty chairs it is good for now that a lot have been cleared

Now if they could just get rid of people hawking crap all day, gets fricken annoying

being offered stuff every two minutes

I love being offered stuff all the time. It's fantastic! I love the hurl burly commerce of the beach with the food, drinks, gifts and other services. It is called Thai style! That why we go to the beach in Thailand. For fun and variety.
  • Like 1

Did notice that none of the chair/umbrella had price lists visible, maybe they should

Now if they could just get rid of people hawking crap all day, gets fricken annoying

I love being offered stuff all the time. It's fantastic! I love the hurl burly commerce of the beach with the food, drinks, gifts and other services. It is called Thai style! That why we go to the beach in Thailand. For fun and variety.

It's called badgering. Aggressive, non stop, in your face pestering....And if you didn't notice, they don't pull that crap on Thai people. Thai style my as*

It's called badgering. Aggressive, non stop, in your face pestering....And if you didn't notice, they don't pull that crap on Thai people. Thai style my as*
It has never bothered me. I think the service is great. What I do not want I politely refuse and the vendors go away. Real badgering happens in Morocco, Kashmir and some other places which I suspect you have never travelled to because if you had you would have more perspective and be less sensitive about being approached by the local vendors. If you do not like it you can always go back to Minnesota or wherever you come from.
  • Like 1

I will say it again. I want my beach lounge chair back, I want some old woman to come along and give me snacks and drinks, I want an umbrella to give me shade from the sun. Why the hell go to the beach if I have to lay on some little mat and get my balls full of sand. This is why people come to Thailand (people with money that is). People have been coming here for years for the same reason and now you are going to lose them.

Absolute agree... also not really healthy to lie on the sand full with dirt and dog piss / shit...