'Phuket Police must be ready for AEC' Dep Police Commissioner

webfact

'Police must be ready for AEC' Dep Police Commissioner
Nattapat Tuarob

1425466735_1-org.jpg
Pol Gen Dr Wuthi Liptapallop speaks with French Honorary Consul Claude Maigrot de Crissey.

Phuket: -- Thailand̕s Deputy Police Commissioner Pol Gen Dr Wuthi Liptapallop has urged Phuket Police to make sure they are ready for the upcoming AEC set to start at the end of this year.

Speaking at a meeting yesterday morning (March 3), Gen Wuthi said that he is concerned about three main points about Phuket polices̕ preparations for the AEC.

“I have set three main tasks: 1. Transnational Crime, 2. Drugs and 3. Tourism. I want to see Phuket set up an Asean Centre, and the centre here in Phuket must be special as it is a world class destination and Phuket has all the advantages; volunteers, consulates, operations.

“Every Police region̕s headquarter must have their own Asean Centre. Now in Bangkok we are setting up Asean Centre on 19th floor of the Royal Thai Police Headquarter and I think it will be ready in a few weeks.

“I want the all data of Phuket to be included in the Asean Centre, for example, immigration information or tourist police information about tourists who have committed crimes in Phuket and tourists who have been abused, how many tour guide companies etc. This must be ready and you must be able to answer any questions that I may have to ask,” said Gen Wuthi.
When speaking about transnational crime, Gen Wuthi stated that he would like to see Phuket have Tansnational Crime Mapping similar that that used in Pattaya which tracks down all criminal groups, where they are living and how and why they are living as they do, and also why they overstay.

“Maj Gen Pachara needs to bring all the police departments together to manage all this information,” he said.

He then went to to speak about traffic, sta0ting “You may have seen that in the last 10 years there are more cars on the road but the ways the roads are constructed has not changed. So a priority for the traffic in Phuket is that you have to re-surface the roads and use strict measures according to the law.

“I came to Phuket as a police director of Asean, so you must be ready.

“The most important thing for the superintendent of tourist provinces, border provinces, or special economic zone provinces is that they must be able to speak English.

“In the Asean charter, it states in ARTICLE 34 - WORKING LANGUAGE OF ASEAN: The working language of Asean shall be English.

“When the next reshuffles take place, if you would like to continue to be in Phuket, English will be an indicator.

“I have specified to all police forces that the Superintendent in tourist provinces, borderline provinces, or special economic zone provinces, must have english language proficiency. I don't want you to be like a native speaker but 'you must be able to communicate. So, I want you to be prepared, as at the next reshuffle there might well be a measure to test your English.”

Gen Wuthi concluded by saying “I am seriously worried about the tourists safety on some of the unpoliced islands (Koh Racha etc) close to Phuket. However, the Phuket police commander has the legal authority under the Royal Thai Police Act 2554, Section 15, to assign tourist police to be based there if necessary.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/%CA%BBpolice-must-be-ready-fror-aec%CC%95-dep-police-commissioner-51250.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-03-05

Deputy Police Comissioners should not be urging, they should be ORDERING !

How many times do we read the pathetic story of senior officers ' urging ' their men to do their jobs properly ?

Little wonder the BIB are such a mess, no control, no leadership, no proper enforcement of discipline and that's only for starters.

"he would like to see Phuket have Tansnational Crime Mapping similar that that used in Pattaya which tracks down all criminal groups, where they are living and how and why they are living as they do, and also why they overstay"

THAT is the most blatant, self-serving, egregious, incorrect, pusillanimous statement I have ever read from a Thai authority in ten years.angry.png