11-year-old girl raped by monk

Thaivisa News

Bangkok: – Rat Burana police have defrocked and charged a Buddhist monk for statutory raping an 11-year-old girl.

After the girl’s family had filed a police complaint, Rat Burana police superintendent Colonel JessadaSuaysom went to investigate the case at Wat Bang Pakok, Rat Burana district.

Jessada ordered his subordinates to rush into the abode of PhraSujinThammatheepo, 56, after hearing suspicious voices, a probable cause for the raid.

The temple’s rules ban a monk from receiving a female visitor in the bedroom.

Police found Sujin was raping the girl. They also uncovered three bags of marijuana, four machetes, three airsoft or BB guns and a mobile phone with video clip of the sex act between the monk and the girl.

Before arresting him, Sujin was disrobed and resumed the civilian name of SujinSrimuang.

At the police station, the girl gave her statement that she had known Sujin before entering the monkhood.

Sujin often gave her the money to buy sweets, clothing and mobile phone, she said.

After Sujin entered the monkhood, he invited her to play at his abode where he forced her into having sex, she said.

During a first rape, the monk used mobile phone to record the sex act and threatened to release the tape if she refused his sexual demands, she said.

She said the monk would rape her about once a week.

The rape suspect said he knew the girl for about five years. He admitted to recently raping the girl about three times though he said he gave money in exchange for sex.

Naked men draped in orange robes.

Be careful. ph34r.png

I'm more careful around people who utter sensational comments such as this.

Reminds me of similar, slanted comments about people that have beards, have a red mark on their forehead or have long hair, etc.

• Like 1

Where and what are the charges not mentioned, How about underage, Statutory rape. Indecent liberties with a minor, In the states they would throw the keys away. In older days defrock a monk would include a nice whipping at a post before handing him over to the authorities, to then be butchered to death!

About 3 weeks ago my Mrs was telling me about a similar story in same area from Thai news, or pantip of how a lady was walking with her kid near the market there and a passing lady split the pair with the kid being ushered off in the opposite direction by someone dressed as a monk. Luckily the mother caught on quick and ran towards the kid yelling her name and kid came back while the guy ran off... hope it's the same guy they caught in this news story.

Here where I live everyone is on constant lookout for "Rot Jup Look" or cars that grab kids. The local 7/11s frequently have "Wanted Posters" showing photos of vehicles or people alleged to be kiddy snatchers. Unfortunately child rape and kidnapping is a real problem here. Even my boys' school has CCTV everywhere.

The former Monk in the OP is in quite a lot of trouble. The OP mentions statutory rape in this case which means even if it was consensual it is legally rape.

Edited by 96tehtarp
  • Like 1

Shocking from a person who should be trusted he is obviously a disgusting creature and giving her money does not make it right to rape or abuse any woman and especially children I hope he gets the full wrath of soldier justice preferable with a small lump of lead.

• Like 2

Since mom and dad don't know how to raise their kids (at least in this case) how about a 6pm curfew for everyone under 14? (they seem to be fond of sweeping curfews repairing problems)

Edited by mrwebb8825
  • Like 1

Problem; There are many Thais(incl. the Mrs) who know that temples are a last refuge for the male scum and mentally ill of this country(besides the genuine soul seekers of course) and the temples have to let them in. Imagine for a minute if the temple didn't let them in. That means these male predators would be roaming the streets without any supervision at all. At least now most of them are contained by the other monks/abbot. In a society without any government help the poor, desperate, ex-cons and delusional only have one place to turn to, hence the amount of monks that are continuing with their old habits but now inside the walls of the temple.

Solution; A more just and caring society. Parents should never leave their kids unattended. Just too often are kids abducted/raped/murdered because of pure neglect or naivety on the side of the guardians. Tax the rich and build a solid health care system incl. mental health care. In a society where people only take care of their own and the poor and retarded are left to fend for themselves, these problems will continue and even get worse. I've always wondered how religion and capitalism go hand in hand while all religions preach equality and the brotherhood of man. The problem doesn't lie within the temples, most of them are doing a great job, acting as poor houses, mental asylums, places of worship and afterlife care but with the government who continues to favor the rich above the poor.

Poor little girl, scarred for life, because of parents who naively believed that this particular temple/monk was a place of peace, trust and refuge.

Can't really blame them though because they were raised into believing this.

Wage a war on poverty and austerity and most problems will be solved, not just here, but globally

quite reasonable and interesting thoughts.

without education that creates independant-analytical-critical thinking very little can change no matter how many crackdowns and curfews are imposed. not to mention the "mai pen rai" never-mind attitude and covering up or denying problems even exist attitude.

Edited by atyclb

Where were the parents? Did they not question where she was getting money for a phone and other things?

There is a security guard in my neighborhood grabbing every baby and youngster in the crotch, dragging down the pants touching their butts and kissing them, while the parents and other neighbors are watching. Nobody ever dared to say a word about it! This is going on for years!

Where I grew up parents and neighbors would beat the (deleted) out of him. That’s when I would turn my back to the scene.

Where were the parents? Did they not question where she was getting money for a phone and other things?

Unfortunately so many of these children are raised feral. Sure, of course they have parents but many parents have such a laissez faire attitude towards their children's upbringing that they become feral.

I've personally never have been raped and then given cash.

But I would welcome any change from the standard rape procedure where the perp doesn't even give me the courteous next-day phone call.

eh?

• Like 1