Police chief transfers Suvarnabhumi airport immigration chief

webfact

Police chief transfers Suvarnabhumi airport immigration chief

3-5-2015-7-23-19-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Commander of the Immigration Division 2 Pol Maj Gen Suwichpol Imchairat was transferred to inactive post after he was accused of causing delays of about 20 outbound flights of Thai Airways International at Suvarnabhumi airport late last month.

The order to transfer him was signed by Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyos Phumphanmuang.

Royal Thai Police spokesman Pol Lt Gen Prawuthi Thavornsiri said the transfer of the immigration chief at the airport would enable a full investigation into the flight delays.

The Immigration Division 2 supervises departure clearance at Bangkok’s main airport.

The immigration chief was blamed to deliberately delay 21 outbound flights at Suvarnabhumi airport from 8 am to 1 pm on Feb 25 at Suvarnabhumi airport by 10 minutes on average.

The reports of flight delays went viral on the social network with allegations that he ordered slow processing of paperwork for aircraft departure clearance after he was barred from seeing off his wife at the door step of the aircraft.

However the spokesman denied this saying the immigration chief had only wanted to greet a senior official who had boarded a THAI plane.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-chief-transfers-suvarnabhumi-airport-immigration-chief

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-03-06

• Like 1

So in the end, did his actions cause his wife to gain back her lost face, or compound her shame further?

This story reminds me of late 80's U2 when rumors were going round that one of the was going to get the boot because he wasn't religious enough. Turns out it was because he was boning Naomi Campbell and the others were jealous.

In this case Somyot the billionaire police chief wants somebody else to be the Swampy chief for reasons presumably related to Baht, and the plane delay is an easily swallow-able load for the public.

• Like 1

However the spokesman denied this saying the immigration chief had only wanted to greet a senior official who had boarded a THAI plane.

There you have it, a public statement by the Lt Gen spokesman that clearly showcases the selective discrimination of junior officials, who never get to enjoy a good public fawning.

• Like 2

I am the first in here!!...Thainess!!

One cannot finger point Thai's only as this is common in many developing countries. China and Philippines are notorious for such issues and China has since recently taken very strong measures against officials who abuse their positions. If you visit India you will know how bureaucracy works and how power is abused. I am not even going towards some of the African Countries abuse of power by officials is infamous. Well traveled people will understand this.

• Like 2

"...However the spokesman denied this saying the immigration chief had only wanted to greet a senior official who had boarded a THAI plane..."

They need to train these PR spin doctors to do a better job. That excuse is pretty lame.

• Like 1

Oh leave him alone.

On the grand scale of things it wasnt that bad. A couple of weeks suspension without pay should be enough.

"A couple of weeks suspension without pay should be enough".

It might be enough or might not, but that's not what he got. What he got was a transfer to an inactive post - that will give him his normal pay I suspect, and plenty of time to spend with his family, mia noi etc. He should be very thankful for that!

• Like 1

I was on a Thai flight a couple of weeks back, we sat there for 30 minutes, everyone in their seats ready to go.

The hostie said we were waiting for a visa for the plane, this must be what it was about.

Should be jail just like the crazy Korean girl

• Like 2

So in the end, did his actions cause his wife to gain back her lost face, or compound her shame further?

This story reminds me of late 80's U2 when rumors were going round that one of the was going to get the boot because he wasn't religious enough. Turns out it was because he was boning Naomi Campbell and the others were jealous.

In this case Somyot the billionaire police chief wants somebody else to be the Swampy chief for reasons presumably related to Baht, and the plane delay is an easily swallow-able load for the public.

Evidence please. I see nothing in your post to support the assertion.

@greenchair: a move to an inactive post is not a suspension without pay. He will get his normal salary but has no responsibilities anymore, e.g. inactive post.

Wish I could get a job like that! Sounds more like a reward than a punishment whistling.gif

Oh leave him alone.

On the grand scale of things it wasnt that bad. A couple of weeks suspension without pay should be enough.

"A couple of weeks suspension without pay should be enough".

It might be enough or might not, but that's not what he got. What he got was a transfer to an inactive post - that will give him his normal pay I suspect, and plenty of time to spend with his family, mia noi etc. He should be very thankful for that!

Yes he gets his normal pay while in the inactive post - but he loses the 'abnormal' pay - and this is his punishment.

• Like 2