PM rebuked for punch remark

Lite Beer

Prayuth is supposedly 'a man and a hardened soldier' and 'coup leader and junta boss, GENERAL, and Prime Minister'. He has worn too many hats.

Unfortunately he is not proving to be a statesman which is a pity, because IMO I think he is genuinely trying to do his best for Thailand, but he continually says the wrong things. Professional PR assistance would really make a difference.

He is well out of his depth in politics and not suited for the job, needs to step down before it's to late. Surely he has a subordinate who can step and give a slight impression they know what to do.

I am an english speaker and I would have had to look up "splenetic"..... and I would hazard a guess that the majority of english speakers would (with the exception of maybe those that read a lot of fiction or english majors).

I speak American and had to look up that English word....

This guy just isn't right for the job that he took for himself by force. A total disaster form day one.

And any other one isn't any better either of neither party...

Let's just say, the day in which our dear PM and former general shuts down Thailand's entire network communication system, abolishes all sexy clothes, and has completely brainwashed the entire kid's nation with his 12 stone set super values aka PU, ST*U, or in other words becoming TRULY the next China and North Korea , then we can panic and worry that kids in this country go completely paranoia coma 4 life...

The point is, no matter who rules this country, the rich and powerful influential bastards that are related or inbetween, will always get a Free pass on their crimes and so do their soiled brats..... it doesn't affect those snobbish scum WHO is currently at power...

• Like 1

He's just being honest...refreshing from a politician.

You mean, true to his character? As the head of government, he is expected to maintain a level of decorum and to conduct himself appropriately.

I think he was just having a bad day. It happens. We all snap at someone sometimes. The General doesn't have that allowance for misbehaviour as he is a senior military officer and the current head of government. He screwed up. Maybe he'll learn his lesson, or more likely than not, he will continue to slowly unravel as he discovers that being the big boss isn't what he expected it to be.

• Like 1

He's just being honest...refreshing from a politician.

You mean, true to his character? As the head of government, he is expected to maintain a level of decorum and to conduct himself appropriately.

I think he was just having a bad day. It happens. We all snap at someone sometimes. The General doesn't have that allowance for misbehaviour as he is a senior military officer and the current head of government. He screwed up. Maybe he'll learn his lesson, or more likely than not, he will continue to slowly unravel as he discovers that being the big boss isn't what he expected it to be.

As surprised as I am, I agree with you gk.

The PM should conduct himself appropriately but as a former high ranking military man he probably did not major in diplomacy and has no time for idiots, and lets them know it.

He should be more like TS, instead of insulting the press or threatening with violence just sue them if they say something he does not want to hear or read.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

"In response to the BBC comment, Manop said past Thai leaders had various styles when dealing with the media, but none had used [physical] intimidation."

Well, the captivating smile of Ms. Yingluck followed by ignoring a question or simply turning around could be felt as [psychological] blow to the male ego more devastating than a simple punch.