American arrested in Bangkok over multi-million dollar US property scam

Jonathan Fairfield

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Now surely the name of "Kwame Rasheed Jackson" would raise some questions when leaving the US?

It doesn't sound like an American name?

joseph

I always wonder why these criminals. Make there homes in Thailand? sic

Obviously they find it easy to leave the US undetected by US law enforcement agencies or US immigrations ... or they know who to slip a little tea money to become "invisible" to US authorities. The same apparently applies to European "entrepreneurs" and those farang police.

Once again it's up to Thai police to do the work of farang police & immigrations.

That's a laugh...that is, the Thai police doing the job of farang police.

I doubt the Thai police knew who or where the guy was until they got the arrest request from the U.S. Embassy with the U.S. agencies listed below identifying the crimes he's wanted for and his location in Thailand. Summary: here you go Thai police....all the info you need on this guy...please go arrest him so he can be deported/extradited back to the U.S.

However, the FBI, along with the U.S. Department of State, Diplomatic Security Service (DSS) located Swarn in Thailand last year and were able to deport him back to the United States.

I know a guy who has been here 15+ years and made millions calling Europeans and Aussies (NEVER the U.S.) selling BS stock shares. There are 2 reasons this a-hole has gotten away with it - The laxity and greed of the Thai police and the fact you could by a SIM card at the 7-11 and NO ONE knew who owned it. The new law is a joke if it's intended to stop this. They'll just pay Thais to go buy and register the number. MONEY NUMBER ONE IN THAILAND!

why arrest only these guys? we should arrest the US government for lying and stealing money because we know they won't pay back their 18trillion debt. every second people are losing a ton of money due to the government and their conspiracy with the federal banks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I always wonder why these criminals. Make there homes in Thailand? sic

Obviously they find it easy to leave the US undetected by US law enforcement agencies or US immigrations ... or they know who to slip a little tea money to become "invisible" to US authorities. The same apparently applies to European "entrepreneurs" and those farang police.

Once again it's up to Thai police to do the work of farang police & immigrations.

Oh, please come home with me in September and let me film your slipping some " tea money" to the Kentucky State Police. It would be a good instructional video.

Dear Khun Suradit69,

Welcome back, I have missed your incredibly obtuse and uninformed speculations on how life in America is. Yes, please come to the USA and slip some Tea Money to a Federal Agent to exit the USA while he knows you are escaping a raft of felony charges.

Good to have you back, I needed a good laugh today !

Too many boiler room scumbags like this in SE Asia. There should be the death penalty for people that deliberately and knowingly cheat others money.

O.T.T.

(Over the Top)

Why is it ott?

There's the death penalty for drugs smuggling. Cheating other peoples life savings is just as bad and probably more worse.

Once again we see Thailand cooperating with another country in arresting those with a warrant against them.

This should hold good when the time comes when Thailand wants to ask these countries to arrest those on the run from justice in this country.

Now surely the name of "Kwame Rasheed Jackson" would raise some questions when leaving the US?

First. There are no questions when you leave the United States. There is no immigration check. Nor is there profiling. If the name is not on a "no-fly" or fugitive list, there are exactly this many questions: zero. If anyone, American or otherwise, wishes to leave the United States, the US is very happy to see their back, not a regret. The lack of immigration/customs checks at US departure points is a policy, and has been since the country was founded. "If you don't like it, you are free to leave" is not just a meaningless slogan.

Second. Kwame Rasheed Jackson sounds EXACTLY like an American name. All-American, even. Each of those three names is common in the US, and it is not even slightly strange they are together.

I suppose you think Barack Hussein Obama doesn't sound like an American name? And yet, it is. Not only that, no American says it's not. That said, it is not NEARLY as "American-sounding" as Kwame Rasheed Jackson.

Dear Wandasloan,

Correct across the board. Every time a time pops up on TV that does not sound like a professor at Oxford, circa 1913 ... the folks here get their panties bunched up>

I guess there are still pockets of White bread cultures somewhere where the names are Smith (Smyth?) and Jones ... but as you have eloquently pointed out ... America is not one of them.

Does anyone know why it is called the melting pot?

You know what is rare in America? People with names like the TV people THINK they should be.

Best Regards,

Karim Abdul Barrack Hussein Friedhelm Goldstein

Edited by Guest

I hope he gets raped every day in his new jail cell in Thailand.

More than likely he will be sent back to the USA. sad.png

USA government, should just pay the Thai government to keep him in a Thai prison.

You seem to think American prison is a Club Med.

it is not, and if rape is your desired outcome, we can bet on it.

Should you chose "i will bet you prisoners in America are not raped' ... I have a wonderful income generating property in Detroit you may be interested in.

Once again we see Thailand cooperating with another country in arresting those with a warrant against them.

This should hold good when the time comes when Thailand wants to ask these countries to arrest those on the run from justice in this country.

Knowing the specifics of the extradition agreements/treaties that each country has with Thailand seems to add credibility to a position.

I certainly don't know what each country has agreed to and which crimes are covered within these agreements/treaties.

To speculate would only add to the already murky postings that abound on this topic.

Too many boiler room scumbags like this in SE Asia. There should be the death penalty for people that deliberately and knowingly cheat others money.

I don't suppose you frequent "Irish" pubs in the City of Angels, then?

Interesting. What does an American name sound like? Pachino? Weinstein? O'Donnell? Obama? How about first names. Are Barak, Woody, Cassius and Luigi American names?

It probably has one of the most diverse mixes of cultures of any country in the world.

As I'm sure you know, almost all converts to Islam adopt an Arabic name. There are many converts in the US. At some point in the future all those Arabic names will become American names.

His name sounds like a completely American name. An African American islamic convert from New York.

• Like 1