Late Bar for Football (soccer)

tullynagardy

In a couple of weeks there is a big game (to me but not to most others) when Northern Ireland take on Finland in the Euro qualifiers. Kick off is 11pm Bangkok time so finshing close to 1am. (this is Sunday 29th btw)

I`ve been to the Office in Sukumvit before which was ok but wondering if anyone has any other suggestions? One without ladies for rent is better but not that important I guess. Closer to BTS Saphan Taksin the better.

Any sugesstions greatly appreciated smile.png

Irish place showing Northern Ireland? It's usually all Republic of Ireland in those places, isn't it?

You could try or that D&D in Khao San Road, seems to be open 24 hours and always has football. Not sure the chances of the Norn Ireland game

Personally I'd get a wifi room and watch a stream

Thanks all! thumbsup.gif

The only matches it clashes with (I could see others wanting to see) are those of Scotland and Germany. So if somewhere has many screens I`d imagine they`d show it as is a top of table clash and theres actually quite a lot of Fins around.

I see the Sportsman says it shows all Sky Sports games and it`s on Sky so thinking I`ll jump in a taxi and head there.

• Like 1

Went to see Man City v Barca at Mulligans 10 days or so ago at 2:45am. That's the Irish bar Smokey was referring to on Soi 11 (I'd say its 0.8km up soi 11 from Sukhumvit, going from Suk you will pass the Ambassador Hotel and its about as far again 'up' the soi on the same side as the Ambassador. At 2:45am you will also pass the pleadings of ladyboys and the rest of the flotsam who didn't make a kill already!

Anyway ... shock horror ... it was shut. Has always been reliable as a 24 hour sports bar. Anyone know whether that would just have been some short term purge - as referred to earlier in the thread?

'Champions Bar' - about 100 metres before you arrive at Mulligans was however open (no atmosphere in that place whatsoever but when in need ....), so I got to see the first half mauling that Barca gave to Citeh then gave up and went for a general prowl - I like the sleazy atmosphere that pervades lower Suk at that time of nightwhistling.gif .

[Watched Arsenal v West Ham at Mulligans last night and will probably watch Man U v Spurs tonight - let's hope Mulligans keeps up its tremendous coverage of football ... and rugby (it was a mess in there last night - us football fans were consigned to the pool room upstairs and even there you couldn't hear yourself think for the Irish accented cursing and swearing)]

• Like 1

Went to see Man City v Barca at Mulligans 10 days or so ago at 2:45am. That's the Irish bar Smokey was referring to on Soi 11 (I'd say its 0.8km up soi 11 from Sukhumvit, going from Suk you will pass the Ambassador Hotel and its about as far again 'up' the soi on the same side as the Ambassador. At 2:45am you will also pass the pleadings of ladyboys and the rest of the flotsam who didn't make a kill already!

Anyway ... shock horror ... it was shut. Has always been reliable as a 24 hour sports bar. Anyone know whether that would just have been some short term purge - as referred to earlier in the thread?

'Champions Bar' - about 100 metres before you arrive at Mulligans was however open (no atmosphere in that place whatsoever but when in need ....), so I got to see the first half mauling that Barca gave to Citeh then gave up and went for a general prowl - I like the sleazy atmosphere that pervades lower Suk at that time of nightwhistling.gif .

[Watched Arsenal v West Ham at Mulligans last night and will probably watch Man U v Spurs tonight - let's hope Mulligans keeps up its tremendous coverage of football ... and rugby (it was a mess in there last night - us football fans were consigned to the pool room upstairs and even there you couldn't hear yourself think for the Irish accented cursing and swearing)]

Thanks for the update Santi.

Anyway ... shock horror ... it was shut. Has always been reliable as a 24 hour sports bar.

Been to Mulligans a few times since it opened but didn`t know it was ever 24 hour? Are you sure? It`s literally underneath a condo complex and the citadines hotel so not ideal for it?

Quite like it as a bar (and the one in Pattaya also actually) Nicely furnished and good food. I had assumed it would close early and ruled it out!

I've watched at least 3 games at 2:45am in Mulligans over the last 6 months prior to the blank 10 days ago. I've seen it referred to as a 24 hour sports bar elsewhere on ThaiV (maybe Smokey), so that combination of facts made me state it was a 24 hour sports bar. It was open until 12:30am and showed no signs of closing as I left this morning, so I'm hoping the experience of 10 days ago was just a temporary police purge.

D_mn, should have thought to ask when I went to watch what I expected to be a good game of football. Got an abject surrender into continued Thursday night football. Shame!! My ABU tendency trumps any North London rivalry tendency (probably not the case for real non-plastic gunner fans). Prefer the Spuds guys on here too!

[No Beer Lee-oh and no Beer Lao at Mulligans; have to resign myself to draft Tiger (too sweet) that's about the only negative to the place IMO].

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1