Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

Car Advice (IMHO, one of the best motoring publications in the world - and definitely the best in Oz) have just published their "Year in review" piece, where their journalistic team reveal their favorite drives of the year:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/404773/2015-caradvice-year-in-review/

In a field comprised mainly of sports, super and luxury cars, the Everest gets a few mentions:

Mike Stevens - Top three cars of 2015:

Ford Everest For a ute-based SUV that will, despite its capabilities, spend most of its life on regular roads, this is a very convincing stand-in for a large softroader that looks and feels leaps and bounds ahead of (most of) its ute-based rivals. In higher-spec models, theres also the decent Sync2 infotainment system.

Paul Maric - Surprise of the Year:

Ford Everest Based on a commercial vehicle? You could have fooled me. The Ford Everest behind the VF Commodore is the engineering gem of Australias engineering fraternity. Its light-years ahead of its competition in terms of ride and handling, and manages to perform just as well off-road.

and finally, this one - you do have to feel for Aussie's paying almost 2.2M Baht for the top spec smile.png

Mike Costello - Dissapointment of the Year:

Hyundai Tucson/Kia Carnival ANCAP fails So many options: the decidedly average Jaguar XE cabin, the Ford Everest Titaniums pricing, the Haval H8s steering

Having now done some 800kms I am really impressed as is my wife ... there is often a race for the right hand seat.

One thing that we are very disappointed in is that, and we are sure of this ... the front seats in the Motor Show model (when it was released) were different to what is installed now ... they were much more comfortable ... that was a factor in deciding to order. Wish we could find those seats and swap.

Ford pulled a fast one I think .........

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ford are getting no where winning over Thais , still the same reply to my You no like Ford.. Service no good Toyota No1.That needs fixing before it becomes Folkiaw and mindset Quickly in the future

Indeed, that after sales service stigma remains - but it's being countered by product substance.

On Ford's side, It's easier and faster to fix brand sentiment issues when it's clear you have the best product - and you've got the money to invest in the dealer network because you're selling with very healthy profits..

Have you actually driven one yet Ace?

. No ,only new trucks belonging to folks from BKK. They just have not caught on down South. One guy who hard the new Tuna commented he would have like the new Ford better cause the Tunas too old now ,but at least I got service..rather sad that's been allowed to happen imo. Isuzu Nissan seem to be 2n3 down in Krabi n area.

Ford are getting no where winning over Thais , still the same reply to my You no like Ford.. Service no good Toyota No1.That needs fixing before it becomes Folkiaw and mindset Quickly in the future

Indeed, that after sales service stigma remains - but it's being countered by product substance.

On Ford's side, It's easier and faster to fix brand sentiment issues when it's clear you have the best product - and you've got the money to invest in the dealer network because you're selling with very healthy profits..

Well, you are right there for sure. Once the product is of the best quality Ford can make it, there should be less issues with having to take it back for fixing. That's when the customers get frustrated with waiting long periods for parts - as has been noted in the past form some owners. But for the regular servicing I don't think there are any problems...until I stand corrected:)

The Thai mindset is difficult to change...but it seems to be changing slowly. Would love to know sales figures for these vehicles in different parts of the country. I would think relatively more everests are sold in Bangkok, and fortuners / mu-x upcountry.

Having now done some 800kms I am really impressed as is my wife ... there is often a race for the right hand seat.

One thing that we are very disappointed in is that, and we are sure of this ... the front seats in the Motor Show model (when it was released) were different to what is installed now ... they were much more comfortable ... that was a factor in deciding to order. Wish we could find those seats and swap.

I've seen you mention this before, but I have to say I didn't notice any difference.. that's not to say there wasn't any difference to the pre-production display model shown in March - but if there was, it's too subtle for my butt smile.png

I've seen you mention this before, but I have to say I didn't notice any difference.. that's not to say there wasn't any difference to the pre-production display model shown in March - but if there was, it's too subtle for my butt smile.png

Yes, I recall going to a Mall just a few weeks later to 'look again' and the first thing that we commented on was the difference in the seats. The difference is on the seat back.

Other than that ...absolutely fine.

Well, you are right there for sure. Once the product is of the best quality Ford can make it, there should be less issues with having to take it back for fixing. That's when the customers get frustrated with waiting long periods for parts - as has been noted in the past form some owners. But for the regular servicing I don't think there are any problems...until I stand corrected:)

The Thai mindset is difficult to change...but it seems to be changing slowly. Would love to know sales figures for these vehicles in different parts of the country. I would think relatively more everests are sold in Bangkok, and fortuners / mu-x upcountry.

The only way to get province by province numbers is from DLT records, and they're not really reported in a way that makes them useful for this. Plus they are skewed towards BKK as many up country buyers opt for BKK plates instead of the province the car was purchased in.

As for mindsets changing - the internet is helping there... In 2015, 50% of Thai's researched their new car purchase online* - up from just 33% in 2014 - and compared to significant 40% not thinking for themselves and buying purely based on personal recommendations in 2014. Also in 2015, there was a significant increase in demand for test drives before buying - and the brands that accommodated this saw the biggest boost to their sales and customer satisfaction ratings.

These trends - internet research, followed up by test drives as the key drivers for purchasing decisions - are all trending upwards fast - which makes product substance the fastest growing buying criteria.... but we're still only at the half-way mark tongue.png

* I'm sure readers here still find these numbers shockingly low wink.png

Edited by IMHO

I've enjoyed reading through this thread, and finally plumped for the 3.2 T+. Should arrive April some time. Will see what deals they have at the motorshow in March.

Went for the white with black interior (gf doesn't want denim stains to appear). What do you think about coatings for the bodywork? Over time I expect the car to go a bit yellow so any useful preventative measures would be appreciated. They're also including 3M film, mats and window weather shields.

Other accessories I've asked for include the camera, bull bar, rear cargo tray and rear elasticated string net. Any other accessories I should consider? Contemplating the slightly cheesy Everest sticker for the bonnet.

I've enjoyed reading through this thread, and finally plumped for the 3.2 T+. Should arrive April some time. Will see what deals they have at the motorshow in March.

Went for the white with black interior (gf doesn't want denim stains to appear). What do you think about coatings for the bodywork? Over time I expect the car to go a bit yellow so any useful preventative measures would be appreciated. They're also including 3M film, mats and window weather shields.

Other accessories I've asked for include the camera, bull bar, rear cargo tray and rear elasticated string net. Any other accessories I should consider? Contemplating the slightly cheesy Everest sticker for the bonnet.

Sorry, I am a little confused ...you have done the deal? if so a bit late to discuss extras. Or are you waiting to see Motor Show offers and then order and hopefully get in April.

Whatever a good choice. Not sure about a black interior though ... the cream looks plush.

Give the window shields a miss.

Paintwork ...much on this on the forum. Mine gets polished and glass coated on Jan 9th.

I have been surprised by how many of the new Rangers and now Everests I've been seeing.

The seats could well not be the same as Ford does not actually make the seats.

I would like parts of them rebuilt ...don't know where to do it though

Sorry, I am a little confused ...you have done the deal? if so a bit late to discuss extras. Or are you waiting to see Motor Show offers and then order and hopefully get in April.

Whatever a good choice. Not sure about a black interior though ... the cream looks plush.

Give the window shields a miss.

Paintwork ...much on this on the forum. Mine gets polished and glass coated on Jan 9th.

Booked the car but told I can take advantage of any offers at the motorshow. Have also been told I don't have to select the add ons til later and they will give me some on my list for free. Even said they'll let me change to the 2.2 T+ if the specs are to my liking and I haven't had my 3.2 T+ delivered.

Went to the expo and saw lots of clothing cool our transfer on the cream seats so I concur with my gf's suggestion of black seats. That said the black looks rubbish compared to the jet black on the Pajero Sport.

We have a white leather suite ...Meguires APC works wonders ... if the Ford black looks rubbish ......anyway my experience seems to be that Thais only wear cloths once and then wash.

Edited by JAS21

We have a white leather suite ...Meguires APC works wonders ... if the Ford black looks rubbish ......anyway my experience seems to be that Thais only wear cloths once and then wash.

Yep, with Meguiars APC on hand, you have no need to fear light colors - that stuff is amazing.

It even cleaned off some severe stains on my old PJS cream leather -I loaned the car to a visiting Aussie work colleague, and his wife used some type of tanning lotion that tried to change the passenger seat brown. By the time I got the APC to it, it had been like that for around 2 weeks too - and the person borrowing had tried just about everything he could find on it.

Yep, with Meguiars APC on hand, you have no need to fear light colors - that stuff is amazing.

It even cleaned off some severe stains on my old PJS cream leather -I loaned the car to a visiting Aussie work colleague, and his wife used some type of tanning lotion that tried to change the passenger seat brown. By the time I got the APC to it, it had been like that for around 2 weeks too - and the person borrowing had tried just about everything he could find on it.

You and JAS21 are making me rethink. Because I like the black body, and the cream interior does look more upmarket.

You and JAS21 are making me rethink. Because I like the black body, and the cream interior does look more upmarket.
Yes ...Get a US Gallon of APC, it will cost you about 2000thb ...you dilute it to either 10% or 20% depending ..... your gf could use it to clean just about everything in the whole house ....it will last years ...probaly even outlast your gf ...woops

Yes ...Get a US Gallon of APC, it will cost you about 2000thb ...you dilute it to either 10% or 20% depending ..... your gf could use it to clean just about everything in the whole house ....it will last years ...probaly even outlast your gf ...woops

I'll pitch it to her tonight (minus the part about outlasting her)

Just looked through links shared by IMHO and saw the disgusting wheel arch ones. But then flicked through to the main page and they showed some body panels that I think look pretty good.

http://www.lovebodykits.com/product-inside.php?product_id=632&sub_category_id=133&category_id=5

What do you think? Is that rear bumper supposedly meant to be a faux twin exhaust?

I just wish Isuzu had built the Everest. Have just been quoted 4 hours to fit the Ford Car Cam. Judging by how much I got charged labour for an early oil change on the Fiesta it will be quite a few baht.

Still compared to the nearly 100 english pounds/hr I used to pay in the UK and the same for oil I can't really complain.

Edited by JAS21

JAS21, on 30 Nov 2015 - 12:42, said:

I can't decide 70 or 30 on the front...may wait till I get there

I worry a little about mixing 30 and 20 down the side. Might get away with 20 on the last window.

Ok 20 on the moon roof and the rear window ...we will go early and ponder andvhope to get it right befor it is fitted.....

If anyone is thinking of using SolarFX I can recommend

FX30 on the front and down the side ... except the small window which has FX20

The Moonroof ... think I made a mistake putting FX20 on ... Mrs JAS is complaining that she can feel the heat (with the blind open).. so probably will have to change it to FX05, but may wait for the hot season to confirm.

There is FX20 on the rear window ... it might have taken FX05 ... if anyone does that let me know what you think please,

Finally got Solar Fx put on after the company rang to me to say that they now have an agent in Chiang Mai so thanks to JAS21 and IMHO for the recommendation.

FX30 on the windscreen and front doors, FX20 on the rear window and passenger doors.

I worry a little about mixing 30 and 20 down the side. Might get away with 20 on the last window.

Ok 20 on the moon roof and the rear window ...we will go early and ponder andvhope to get it right befor it is fitted.....

The Moonroof ... think I made a mistake putting FX20 on ... Mrs JAS is complaining that she can feel the heat (with the blind open).. so probably will have to change it to FX05, but may wait for the hot season to confirm.

There is FX20 on the rear window ... it might have taken FX05 ... if anyone does that let me know what you think please,

Finally got Solar Fx put on after the company rang to me to say that they now have an agent in Chiang Mai so thanks to JAS21 and IMHO for the recommendation.

FX30 on the windscreen and front doors, FX20 on the rear window and passenger doors.

From the outside can you see the difference in colour between FX30 and FX20

http://www.chipexpress.com/products/4799/

This suitable for the New Everest? I notice that the specs match the Ranger engine, which is tuned differently to meet Euro 6 Standards. Thinking of ordering one as it's not overly invasive and should be easy to return to stock as and when required.

This should be interesting ... you could also look here http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/ford/ranger/ranger./3-2-tdci-147kw/index.php

I got my Racechip (for a D-Max) delivered to a friend in the UK and he brought it here. It might go AWOL in the post and/or attract some tax.

There is a company in Thailand that do these kind of chips ... I have the info somewhere ....maybe can find it.

You could do a site search Racechip ... plenty of info

This suitable for the New Everest? I notice that the specs match the Ranger engine, which is tuned differently to meet Euro 6 Standards. Thinking of ordering one as it's not overly invasive and should be easy to return to stock as and when required.

Judging by the photos, this is nothing but a simple commonrail pressure booster - which from everything I've read are nothing but trouble on the Ford 5-pot engine. These are usually just generic boxes, with generic performance claims to suit.

My suggestion: before you buy or fit anything off-the-shelf, ask to see actual dyno results - that should at least prove the chip/box has actually been tested on the engine.

Judging by the photos, this is nothing but a simple commonrail pressure booster - which from everything I've read are nothing but trouble on the Ford 5-pot engine. These are usually just generic boxes, with generic performance claims to suit.

My suggestion: before you buy or fit anything off-the-shelf, ask to see actual dyno results - that should at least prove the chip/box has actually been tested on the engine.

Exactly .... the Racechip I had did allow the engine to run smoother at low revs AND it held top gear longer on hills. So did something!

here is part of an e-mail sent to me a while back ...

In this case, our Thai dealer SKB Top Tuning is located in Bangkok and will certainly be able to look after you. Using a local distributor will allow you to Try before you buy and benefit from an Installation service for your peace of mind.

If you would like to provide us with your exact vehicle make, model & power rating, we will ensure that you are provided with a full comprehensive set of performance data to suit your exact requirements. If you have already blanked off your EGR Valve, we can take this in consideration when programming your tuning file for you.

We hope that this information has been of use. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact SKB Top Tuning or our UK Head Quarters here in the UK for more information.

We look forward to assisting you further.

Kind Regards,

Steve

Technical Director

TDI Tuning Ltd

Suite 128

Waterhouse Business Centre

Cromar Way

Chelmsford

Essex

CM1 2QE

United Kingdom

[email protected]

www.tdi-tuning.co.uk

Tel: 01245 392255

Int Tel: +44 1245 392255

On the subject of chips for the 3.2L... According to sources, the stock ECU not only limits torque in 1st and 2nd gear, it also artificially restricts HP at higher RPM - and they say it's actually all just about passing emissions tests. On this front, the Aussie 3.2L Everest engine has been further detuned at the top-end in order to pass Euro6 regulations, and now only makes 194HP as a result.

These same sources claim the engine, without artificial restrictions, is capable of making around 400Nm @ 4,000 RPM (stock tune limits it to 300Nm) - which translates to around 230HP before you've even touched commonrail pressures...

Still looking for the right solution - which unlocks these restrictions first - and then goes for more HP wink.png

Edited by IMHO

From the outside can you see the difference in colour between FX30 and FX20

Looking into the interior of the car there's not much difference (but i do have a black interior) but looking through the windows at a cream colour wall you can certainly see a difference, the FX30 shows a bit yellowy if anything.

Edited by alfieconn

On the subject of chips for the 3.2L... According to sources, the stock ECU not only limits torque in 1st and 2nd gear, it also artificially restricts HP at higher RPM - and they say it's actually all just about passing emissions tests. On this front, the Aussie 3.2L Everest engine has been further detuned at the top-end in order to pass Euro6 regulations, and now only makes 194HP as a result.

These same sources claim the engine, without artificial restrictions, is capable of making around 400Nm @ 4,000 RPM (stock tune limits it to 300Nm) - which translates to around 230HP before you've even touched commonrail pressures...

Still looking for the right solution - which unlocks these restrictions first - and then goes for more HP wink.png

Are you talking about the Everest?

Isn't it at 200 HP actually?

I had read about an ECU shop in BKK which seems to be highly recommended but cannot find the facebook page anymore.