Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

and you are certain of this how?

I can't answer for anyone else, but Im pretty sure that Toyota cares that they've gone from mid-40's to low-30's market share in Thailand, decade to date - especially when the last 2 years have seen the overall market in decline as a double-whammy.

They also pretty much proved that Ford does matter to them, a lot, when they scrapped years of work on the Vigo's successor, and clean-sheeted the re-design in 2011 after the first T6 Ranger surfaced. They even gave the 2nd re-design project to their Australian R&D centre (TTCau) in the hopes they'd nail the brief better.

agree Ford has done a great job developing the New Ranger and Everest. They did clearly a better job in many aspects especially in design. However I think Toyota still does ok with sales in the new Revo and Fortuner. My guess without having seen the numbers is that Isuzu is the one struggling with the Dmax and MUX.

The Isuzu'a are still selling reasonably well - their MO of blanket marketing in the North and North East has created huge regions that are Isuzu strongholds. They still have a solid 2nd place in the pickup segment, and are still in the middle of the field in the PPV market.

Chev are the ones struggling - not a single model from them that's a strong performer... While all other PPV sales figures are in the thousands every month, they rarely crack the 150 units barrier.. There is a minor change for the Trailblazer and Colorado expected in Q3 - the question is: will it be enough to reverse their fortunes?

I'm surprised the Chevy TB sales are so low, I seem to see quite a few, and (I think) they are good looking.

I'd love to see a 20 year market share graph.

When got here it was all Isuzu.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last year I was trying to find out who had drawn the short straw when comparing the tuna and EV. 400k difference between them in Oz so was it Australian EV buyers. Or was it Thai tuna buyers who were paying almost parity. The fact that the EV reviews in Oz still put the EV ahead clearly meant that Thais are getting a raw deal.

That's slightly remedied now with a bigger price gap in LoS, and Ford have added most of the missing features to make it almost the same as the Australian model. But it still leaves me with the feeling that tuna owners here are getting taken for a proverbial ride. Even worse is the fact that Toyota have a lot of tech the Everest in their stable. You only have to look at the top Camry to see the tech exists.

I understand with the myriad of models they have in Australia, Toyota would want to get the feature set to fit in a particular hole, but there isn't a wide variety of Toyota SUVs here so they should have loaded it with far more goodies.

On the question of: who's getting the price right?

From a Thai market perspective we need only look at the Pajero Sport...

The PJS and Everest are priced about right here - it's the Fortuner that got's the odd ball price tag, IMHO smile.png It's just not worth 160K more than the PJS, but it's pretty easy to make the argument that the EV is worth 280K more then the PJS.... or 130K more if comparing to the 3.2L Titanium (non plus) version - if only it had a reversing camera - what a silly option delete.

Yes that along with a decent set of cup holders is hard to believe however as long as the gas prices stay down the fuel efficiency is pretty much a non issue.. After sales service in another matter.. wink.png

I'm missing the cup holders reference.. the ones in the centre console (2 front and 2 rear) are no good?

http://www.drive.com.au/new-car-comparison/ford-everest-v-toyota-crusader-head-to-head-comparison-20160112-gm45bj.html

worth a read from SMH, if only for the comments section. Apologies if some bod has posted before. If so - bin.

Yeah it has, a couple of times now ;)

Pity about the inaccuracies in it - which seems to be the biggest topic in the comments section - well, outside of the usual Toyota fan getting all upset at another loss for their favorite marque stuff :)

https://camera-source.com/2015-f150-360-camera-kit-for-8-mytouch-systems.html

Think I'm going with this one. Pricey but from the vid it seems straight forward (famous last words). I won't get the bird's eye view but all around cameras, links up well with the current system, can have googlemaps on my dash, and should allow me to poke the front of the car out to see around corners.

Last year I was trying to find out who had drawn the short straw when comparing the tuna and EV. 400k difference between them in Oz so was it Australian EV buyers. Or was it Thai tuna buyers who were paying almost parity. The fact that the EV reviews in Oz still put the EV ahead clearly meant that Thais are getting a raw deal.

That's slightly remedied now with a bigger price gap in LoS, and Ford have added most of the missing features to make it almost the same as the Australian model. But it still leaves me with the feeling that tuna owners here are getting taken for a proverbial ride. Even worse is the fact that Toyota have a lot of tech the Everest in their stable. You only have to look at the top Camry to see the tech exists.

I understand with the myriad of models they have in Australia, Toyota would want to get the feature set to fit in a particular hole, but there isn't a wide variety of Toyota SUVs here so they should have loaded it with far more goodies.

The PJS and Everest are priced about right here - it's the Fortuner that got's the odd ball price tag, IMHO smile.png It's just not worth 160K more than the PJS, but it's pretty easy to make the argument that the EV is worth 280K more then the PJS.... or 130K more if comparing to the 3.2L Titanium (non plus) version - if only it had a reversing camera - what a silly option delete.

Yes that along with a decent set of cup holders is hard to believe however as long as the gas prices stay down the fuel efficiency is pretty much a non issue.. After sales service in another matter.. wink.png

I'm missing the cup holders reference.. the ones in the centre console (2 front and 2 rear) are no good?

Not on thai roads.. Keep spilling coffee all over everything. The Toyota and Isuzu placement next to the air vent is much better plus there's a built in tray to catch the coffee that's easy to remove and clean plus this placement next to the air vent keeps the drinks cold..;)

Not on thai roads.. Keep spilling coffee all over everything. The Toyota and Isuzu placement next to the air vent is much better plus there's a built in tray to catch the coffee that's easy to remove and clean plus this placement next to the air vent keeps the drinks cold..;)

The coffee shouldn't spill in the EV as the ride is not crappy like yhe Fortunet

Not on thai roads.. Keep spilling coffee all over everything. The Toyota and Isuzu placement next to the air vent is much better plus there's a built in tray to catch the coffee that's easy to remove and clean plus this placement next to the air vent keeps the drinks cold..wink.png

We've had ours for 5 months and 12,000KM now. Nothing spilt yet. Maybe everyone that drives mine is just lucky :)

Not on thai roads.. Keep spilling coffee all over everything. The Toyota and Isuzu placement next to the air vent is much better plus there's a built in tray to catch the coffee that's easy to remove and clean plus this placement next to the air vent keeps the drinks cold..wink.png

The coffee shouldn't spill in the EV as the ride is not crappy like yhe Fortunet

Nothing to do with the suspension. It's the roads and Inferior cup holder placement that I'm complaining about... wink.png

For some reason, they guy really went out of his way to not completely destroy the TB.

Also at minute 7.00 or so he almost hits a guy who is crossing the street.

Press cars are a privilege, not a right, I guess :)

Some inaccuracies though: the 3.2L isn't a 4 cylinder, and neither of them have wishbone rear suspension.

His "if you want..." list at the end was pretty lengthy for the EV, LOL.

I've watched all the Everest/Endeavour vids available and I do keep finding mistakes. Obviously there are small differences in each country, India seems to have lost most of the safety tech on the Everest we get in Thailand, but the journos also manage to make mistakes repeatedly.

Lots of Endeavour reviews added recently as it only launched officially in India yesterday.

For some reason, they guy really went out of his way to not completely destroy the TB.

Press cars are a privilege, not a right, I guess smile.png

Some inaccuracies though: the 3.2L isn't a 4 cylinder, and neither of them have wishbone rear suspension.

Ordered a black EV Titanium + today. The PJS was paid off and sold it today :)

Should get it at the end of February according to Kalasin dealer.

Ordered a black EV Titanium + today. The PJS was paid off and sold it today smile.png

After winning 4 different Australian comparison tests, then also going on to take 4WD of the Year, People's Choice SUV of the Year, and outright Car of the Year, it was an Indian comparison against the Trailblazer that got you off the fence? tongue.pngtongue.png

The CarAdvice guys have now written an article, and put some ranking numbers around the Everest vs Land Rover Discovery 4 comparison video from last week.... with the Everest only losing points to the Land Rover on their Cabin space and Comfort criteria, and beating the 'Rover on Technology, Connectivity, Price, Features, Ride and Handling:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/410734/ford-everest-titanium-v-land-rover-discovery-sdv6-se-comparison-review/

Bear in mind the Land Rover is 5x the Everest's price here in Thailand wink.png

Edited by IMHO

Yes it was. I was actually thinking of getting a TB just to keep chevrolet in the running :)

Actually it was the final results of Mitsubishi's in-house comparison test that got me to buy a Ford Everest :)

It absolutely destroyed all the competitors in every single way, even in the reliability test. So I'll be with Ford now for the next 4 years.

Ordered a black EV Titanium + today. The PJS was paid off and sold it today smile.png

After winning 4 different Australian comparison tests, then also going on to take 4WD of the Year, People's Choice SUV of the Year, and outright Car of the Year, it was an Indian comparison against the Trailblazer that got you off the fence? tongue.pngtongue.png