Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

Can I use the Australian Everest manual as a definite reference to the Thai models?

The Forward Collision Warning states,

If your vehicle is rapidly approaching another stationary vehicle, a vehicle traveling in the same direction as yours, or a pedestrian within your driving path, the system is design to provide three levels of functionality:

1. Alert
2. Brake Support
3. Active Braking
So I take this as, it alerts you to pedestrians and also hits the brakes for you if you are too slow [Active Braking]. Is this correct or does the Thai model differ?
Also, the Thai website doesn't state it but do we get, MyKey and TPMS?
This thread has influenced my ordering of a EVT+. Excellent reading, much appreciated. Delivery within the month, so they say...

The Forward Collision warning system works the same.

We get MyKey

We do not get TPMS - if you think about local penchant for over-inflation, it makes sense... it would create more arguments than problems it would solve ;)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A pickup with cart springs will never have the same ride quality as a suv with coil springs, not a hope.

Utter bullocks (again).

Take a ride in a Fortuner, then take a ride in a WT back to back and then come back and say sorry.

Fortunas are crap in the ride department, my Pajero is head and shoulders above any pickup in ride quality, hell a pickup is designed to carry 1 ton plus??

Correct :)

I didn't compare the WT to the old PJS for a reason :)

PJS vs EV though - no competition... on different planets.

Can I use the Australian Everest manual as a definite reference to the Thai models?

If your vehicle is rapidly approaching another stationary vehicle, a vehicle traveling in the same direction as yours, or a pedestrian within your driving path, the system is design to provide three levels of functionality:

1. Alert

2. Brake Support

3. Active Braking

So I take this as, it alerts you to pedestrians and also hits the brakes for you if you are too slow [Active Braking]. Is this correct or does the Thai model differ?

This thread has influenced my ordering of a EVT+. Excellent reading, much appreciated. Delivery within the month, so they say...

We get MyKey

We do not get TPMS - if you think about local penchant for over-inflation, it makes sense... it would create more arguments than problems it would solve ;)

TPMS is tyre pressure monitoring system? ... today the Ford Tech showed me how to access the on board monitoring system. He showed me the alarm and said it doesn't tell you which wheel though ...I'm back there soon and will quizz him.

There are different types of Tyre pressure monitoring systems.

The cheaper simpler system alerts if there is a sustained small difference in wheel speed, assuming it may be from a low inflation pressure. It worked OK for me in Thailand, picked up a slow leak once. Might even tell you if the tyre shop over inflates one tyre.

The more elaborate systems use pressure sensors and a dash board display showing individual tyre pressures.

If Ford are saying the EV system does not identify the wheel, it is probably the former type.

Edited by Jitar

1. Alert
2. Brake Support
3. Active Braking

We get MyKey

We do not get TPMS - if you think about local penchant for over-inflation, it makes sense... it would create more arguments than problems it would solve wink.png

Nice. The surprises keep on coming. Not too worried about the TPMS. biggrin.png

Yep ... no TPMS active here...

That is a shame. I wonder why Ford disable the TPMS.

A little bit of extra software using the ABS sensors would cost very little.

As I said it works well on another car we have with it.

TPMS would only be a useful feature here in Thailand if the owner could override the factory settings and make it only go into alarm if the pressure drops below 50 PSI...

Without that, Ford would just look stupid :P

TPMS would only be a useful feature here in Thailand if the owner could override the factory settings and make it only go into alarm if the pressure drops below 50 PSI...

Without that, Ford would just look stupid tongue.png

The Benz TPMS only alarms if there is a difference in wheel speed. The tyres can be inflated to what ever pressure you want, the system does not know the pressure. Pretty sure the other manufacturers do the same.

People driving on an under-inflated tyre and destroying the tyre also look pretty stupid. whistling.gif

Edited by Jitar

People driving on an under-inflated tyre and destroying the tyre also look pretty stupid. whistling.gif

Maybe it is just me ... but gadgets like this leave me cold. Tire pressure gauge anyone ? And - 'I drove off with the tailgate down' - maybe walk around the vehicle before starting off.

Without that, Ford would just look stupid tongue.png

The Benz TPMS only alarms if there is a difference in wheel speed. The tyres can be inflated to what ever pressure you want, the system does not know the pressure. Pretty sure the other manufacturers do the same.

The Ford system (which we don't get) uses pressure sensors inside each wheel - not just a simple wheel speed check:

post-163537-0-29288700-1454314776_thumb.

Edited by IMHO

HELP

Mrs Jas has enquired about SSP for the Everest.

She has been told that the first seven services would normally cost IRO 33,828 + Labour+Vat thb BUT if you buy SSP at a cost of 27750thb that is an all inclusive price. And if bought this month or next month there is an extra 10% discount so making it 24,975thb.

That is some difference ie 33828 + Labour+Vat against 24,975 (all in).

Actually services 6 and 7 apparently have extra work, charged at 650thb/hr and that is not included in the 33,828 + +.

Can anyone confirm this. If it's correct I'm in.

Edited by JAS21

HELP

She has been told that the first seven services would normally cost IRO 33,828 + Labour+Vat thb BUT if you buy SSP at a cost of 27750thb that is an all inclusive price. And this month and next there is an extra 10% discount so making it 24,975thb.

That is some difference ie 33828 + Labour+Vat against 24,975.

Actually services 6 and 7 apparently have extra work, charged at 650thb/hr and that is not included in the 33,828 + +.

Here's the official service prices for 3.2L models:

post-163537-0-40824400-1454319479_thumb.

According to my calculator, the total cost for the first 7 services is 31,615 Baht (ex VAT), so 33,828.05 inc.

Edited by IMHO

Sounds like a very expensive service?? my Pajero and Vigo are usually around 2000 every 10000kms.

Your service intervals are shorter, Ford's is 9months or 15k, whichever comes first.

I think Toyota's is 6months or 10k, not sure about the Mitsubishi..

Edited by ChesneyHawkes

Sounds like a very expensive service?? my Pajero and Vigo are usually around 2000 every 10000kms.

You obviously haven't changed the timing belt (100,000KM) on your PJS yet then. That's 13K Baht on it's own wink.png

Plus, the PJS/VIGO need servicing every 10,000KM - Ford's are at 15,000KM intervals.

Edited by IMHO

You obviously haven't changed the timing belt (100,000KM) on your PJS yet then. That's 13K Baht on it's own wink.png

150,000km on the Vigo.......

Never on the Everest/Ranger - they use a chain ;)

IMHO, on 01 Feb 2016 - 16:40, said:
JAS21, on 01 Feb 2016 - 16:36, said:

HELP

She has been told that the first seven services would normally cost IRO 33,828 + Labour+Vat thb BUT if you buy SSP at a cost of 27750thb that is an all inclusive price. And this month and next there is an extra 10% discount so making it 24,975thb.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-02-01 at 16.37.01.png

According to my calculator, the total cost for the first 7 services is 31,615 Baht (ex VAT), so 33,828.05 inc.

Sorry, I can't read it ... could you put another copy up or PM me a better one please.

Does that cost include oils/ brake fluid etc? but obviously not brake pads etc.

What does SSP include?

I looked at the Ford website for SSP http://www.ford.co.th/en/buying/solutions/schedule-service and it seems to say oils etc are extra.

Plus, the PJS/VIGO need servicing every 10,000KM - Ford's are at 15,000KM intervals.

Yes changed it about a year ago 8500, so what extra does the ford need other than oila nd filters?? stupid expensive.

Chains do wear out matey!

150,000km on the Vigo.......

Never on the Everest/Ranger - they use a chain wink.png

no chains wear out kust the same and can break no difference.

Edited by MYKTHEMIN

Yes changed it about a year ago 8500, so what extra does the ford need other than oila nd filters?? stupid expensive.

Your ~2,200 Baht service price is using mineral oil. If you opt for synthetic oil (like Ford use standard), you're at ~3,000 Baht.

Comparing apples to apples, for 150,000KM travelled, The Everest costs 51,622 Baht (inc VAT) to service - or 42,769 Baht if you opt into the SSP program.

The PJS, using synthetic oil costs around 58,000 Baht, or using cheap oil around 46,000 Baht. The Toyota about the same.

Not expensive at all.

HELP

Sorry, I can't read it ... could you put another copy up or PM me a better one please.

What does SSP include?

I looked at the Ford website for SSP http://www.ford.co.th/en/buying/solutions/schedule-service and it seems to say oils etc are extra.

All is clear now that I put your info on the big screen ... thanks

HELP

What does SSP include?

The Thai version is much clearer:

ค่าใช้จ่ายอะไหล่ น้ำมันหล่อลื่น และค่าบริการ พร้อมบริการช่วยเหลือฉุกเฉินบนท้องถนนตลอด 24 ชม.

Which says: includes parts, lubricants, labor and 24 hour roadside assistance.

no chains wear out kust the same and can break no difference.

They have a lifespan of~400,000KM, not 100-150K. Let's keep it real smile.png

Lubrication quality determines anything made of metal longevity, chain...Many cam chains have auto adjustment, l don't like that cos you don't know whats going on. Most of the stuff l worked on never had auto adjustment so my ear told me what was going on...

Considering these things sound like an old Massey Ferguson tractor you would want to have a decent ear to hear the timing chain rattle.

There are different types of Tyre pressure monitoring systems.

The cheaper simpler system alerts if there is a sustained small difference in wheel speed, assuming it may be from a low inflation pressure. It worked OK for me in Thailand, picked up a slow leak once. Might even tell you if the tyre shop over inflates one tyre.

The more elaborate systems use pressure sensors and a dash board display showing individual tyre pressures.

If Ford are saying the EV system does not identify the wheel, it is probably the former type.

I bought an after market system which worked really well before the 4 batteries died after about 3 months. We'll hopefully get new ones sometime this year.

IMHO, on 01 Feb 2016 - 18:16, said:IMHO, on 01 Feb 2016 - 18:16, said:

Well, that made for an interesting afternoon smile.png

@JAS21: Shall we do the PPP program tomorrow afternoon? tongue.png

Definitely ... I'm in for the two extra years ...it's only money sad.png ...I'm probably throwing it away as Ford are so reliable ...thumbsup.gif Who wrote the English explanation of SSP ... hope it wasn't youbiggrin.png

Edited by JAS21

why expensive?

7 time in Ford it 10.5 time PJS

so how much is?

+timing belt

10.5*2000 + 8500=???wink.png

and i am not sure every 10 k km price it be 2000

how much is on 50-70 k km?wink.png

its look cheap but..

I had compare few year ago german and japan car in my family ,,

GX vs ML

cost Lexus it be more.

so cheap price but more often it be similarbiggrin.png