Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please help decide Pajero vs Fortuner vs Everest (top models).

Im ready to buy but not a clue whats should I go for.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

The best by far is the Everest T Plus BUT you won't get one before next year.

You might get the 2.2L this year if you are lucky. But then maybe the PJS is on a par with it

You might get the 2.2L this year if you are lucky. But then maybe the PJS is on a par with it

Whats so good abut it?

Better 4x4 ok

PjS dvd screen for kids

Blindspot mirrors

360 cameras

Sensors all around

Think more features

And what would be the price of that ford?

Whats so good abut it?

Better 4x4 ok

PjS dvd screen for kids

Blindspot mirrors

360 cameras

Sensors all around

Think more features

And what would be the price of that ford?

The Everest also has blind spot warning, and sensors all 'round. No DVD though - the focus is on streaming music from your cell phone over bluetooth or USB (all current model Euro cars are the same BTW - DVD is dead in other markets).

The Everest has a few of it's own 'trumps' too - rollover mitigation, parallel parking assist, voice control for audio/phone/HVAC, active noise cancelling, ambient cabin lighting, remote rear tailgate, electric 3rd row seats, the best quality leather in the segment, upholstered dash, most cargo space, significantly better audio system (with 10 speakers), and just a higher level of driving refinement and comfort than anything else in the segment, IMHO.

It also has a panoramic moonroof and 20" alloys - but to me these are just a bonus, not something I'd base a buying decision on.

The 200HP/470Nm 3.2L 5-pot is completely unfazed as you load the car up with passengers and cargo - you just don't notice an appreciable performance difference between a solo driver, and a fully loaded car - unlike some others in the segment.

If you can live with the fact that it has no DVD in a blu-ray, bluetooth, smart phone and tablet era - go for a test drive. As they say, the proof is in the pudding - or in this case, in the driving wink.png

Edited by IMHO

I have to say I'm no fan of the Wildtrak's black external finishes - to me they just look like a base model, or "the fleet version". I do like the brightwork on the front end of the XLT though - that looks like a proper American pickup :P

There's some body kits starting to come out for the EV now, for those that want something a little different:

ex-a1.jpg

ex-b1.jpg

Vendor link: http://www.lovebodykits.com/index.php

Not too bad, but they still look a little too "bolt on" for me - I'd prefer a full bumper replacement.

I have to say I'm no fan of the Wildtrak's black external finishes - to me they just look like a base model, or "the fleet version". I do like the brightwork on the front end of the XLT though - that looks like a proper American pickup :P

There's some body kits starting to come out for the EV now, for those that want something a little different:

ex-a1.jpg

ex-b1.jpg

Not too bad, but they still look a little too "bolt on" for me - I'd prefer a full bumper replacement.

Fair enough. I'm more than happy to not to have 'Ooooh! Look at the shiny thing' American taste.

ex-a1.jpg

ex-b1.jpg

Yeah, I was referring to the XLT, not the Wildtrack.

Wonder if the the XLT clip is an direct swap for the EV clip. Not much of a fan of the JC Whitney stuff...

If u pay deposit now u get car in june i was told.

I already responded to this in one of the other threads you've been posting in..

Short version: Shop around. Each dealer has a limited allocation every month - some are sold way in advance, some are not. If you're after the top-spec T+ an upcountry dealer will be your best hope for a quicker delivery date. Even as recently as 2 days ago I was seeing reports of December deliveries being still possible.

Also, google for EverestClubThailand - all dealers with failed bookings put up their stock availability notices there. Every day or so there's one coming available as people get rejected for finance etc. They might want a brown envelope from you though, as there's competition for these ;)

Alternatively you can wait til June or buy a Titanium 3.2L with out the +.

We ordered in Sept and got the car in Oct to replace the Tuna.

We did need to shop around the dealers as IMHO said but Titanium can be done quickly if you don't need the extra bells and whistles.

Alternatively you can wait til June or buy a Titanium 3.2L with out the +.

We ordered in Sept and got the car in Oct to replace the Tuna.

We did need to shop around the dealers as IMHO said but Titanium can be done quickly if you don't need the extra bells and whistles.

OK, so the cat is out of bag - we all know you have an EV now. When can we expect some an owner review? :P

Pass

I occasionally see a white EV T+ with aftermarket wheels and bigger brakes.

Our EV OEM brakes are OK, the pedal feel may be a little spongy but they stop fine.

But then again the big wheels backed by big discs do look good.

Edited by Jitar

I'm wearing my Tiger Woods Nike golf shirt today. Maybe Ford could get him cheap now that his game and brand are crappy. I would for sure buy a Tiger Woods Ford Everest shirt. Maybe show him piling his golf clubs in the back of the Everest, along with a few Thai babes. smile.png

To go along with all that disgusting bling on that Everest, Ford are introducing a new line of clothing for drivers to don when behind the wheel.

attachicon.gif451614-john-travolta.jpg

Which items did you purchase ...got a photo

Bl00dy h3ll JAS, when I saw you'd posted I thought the beast had finally arrived :(

Was going to organise a barbie so we could have a good nose :)

To go along with all that disgusting bling on that Everest, Ford are introducing a new line of clothing for drivers to don when behind the wheel.

attachicon.gif451614-john-travolta.jpg

Which items did you purchase ...got a photo

Bl00dy h3ll JAS, when I saw you'd posted I thought the beast had finally arrived sad.png

Was going to organise a barbie so we could have a good nose smile.png

I think JAS is destined to get the very last delivery of the year...

@JAS: just in case it actually does arrive soon, I suggest you go have a quiet chat to the local monks so they understand that *every day* is an auspicious day to take delivery when it's a long awaited EV tongue.png

Mine were very accommodating - I think they wanted to see it as much as I did biggrin.png

Edited by IMHO

The dealer actually phoned the other day and said the next EVT+ they receive is mine. Wonder if they will give me a T-Shirt smile.png .

Getting it blessed, does it actually work? Might just stick to celebration barbie at Crossys. thumbsup.gif Don't want to park too close to his old Ranger though ...bit afraid that the rust might crawl across tongue.png .

Edited by JAS21

They should give you a box of T Shirts after your wait to get to the front of the que.

I got a beach towel, umbrella, cap, jacket and keyring logo with mine - IIRC - it all went so fast it's hard to remember :)

@JAS: Just point at the merchandise catalog and say "all of it, thanks" :P

Do any westerners actually allow a dribbling fool to finger-paint their new wheels?

I don't let dribbling fools near anything I own - whether it has wheels or not, and no matter what nationality they are.