Non O Savannakhet Marriage Certificate - Take Original

Yes 5 minutes walk up the road is one on left & few guest houses around the bus station. River front is more enjoyable area but if don't plan doing much or want be in foot distance of consulate & bus station then options do exist.

For good accomodation with breakfast try SOULINSOUK,HOTEL almost opposite Bus station roundabout.

Easy to find,huge elephants decorate the entrance,friendly and helpful.They seem to have a GOOD Tuk tuk on call

which is reassuring.

Re the Consulate,there is a change,still issue a number for collection of papers but no longer supply in numeric order."Everybody first" true Thai style,so do not get killed in the rush when the gate opens at 2pm

I've never been asked for the original at Chiangmai - copies have always sufficed. But last week I was caught out by a new requirement there - they asked for copies of the BACK of the certificate as well as the front. They said it s a requirement of the new government. Thankfully, another surprise, given I live 150km away, they allowed me to post it in.

Hi Villapete

I know people are writing that it's old news well for me it's not if you could give me as much information as you can on this it would be much appreciated.

I have a multi O visa now expired 6th Feb but the stamp in my passport is for the 1st May to leave the Kingdom. I was going to go back to the UK to get a new visa but if i can get one in Laos well money saved. I have been married for eight years now but we lived in the UK and just moved here in March last year this is how it is all new to me. Do i go to Mukdahan ? what do i need to take with me ect ect. I live in Yang Talat so its quite away to the border to forget something.

Thanks in advance

ligriffwai.gif

Hi Villapete

I know people are writing that it's old news well for me it's not if you could give me as much information as you can on this it would be much appreciated.

I have a multi O visa now expired 6th Feb but the stamp in my passport is for the 1st May to leave the Kingdom. I was going to go back to the UK to get a new visa but if i can get one in Laos well money saved. I have been married for eight years now but we lived in the UK and just moved here in March last year this is how it is all new to me. Do i go to Mukdahan ? what do i need to take with me ect ect. I live in Yang Talat so its quite away to the border to forget something.

Thanks in advance

ligriffwai.gif

You will need your marriage certificate plus copies, signed and dated copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

You cross the bridge at Mukdahan to get to Savannakhet..

Just scroll down the first couple of pages of this forum and you will find a topic about getting to Savannakhet.

• Like 1

I went to savannaket 1 month ago and was refused a multiple entry because I did not have the original marriage certificate .

I read on this forum that they have issued them before .My marriage certificate copy was certified by the South African gov. as well as the Thai gov. but it did not make any difference. The guy at the counter only gave me a single entry but he was very arrogant telling me I can take it or leave it giving me no choice and then he tells me think about it !! Think about what? when i tell him to give me the single entry he tells me to go and stand at the back of the row. Everybody that was there was surprised at his attitude and some guys told me that they had never seen this young guy there before. So please make sure that you have the original as well.

Hi

Just a quick update. I am back in Mukdahan with a Non O. So yippee!

Apologies, I had in mind that I would only need to take copies of my marriage certificate but the rules are actually that you need to copy front and back and they also requested to see a copy of my original. Which as I said I took anyway.

There was at least one chap who did not have his original certificate with him and he was refused a non o and I think was issued with a tourist visa instead.

Ligriff...Ubon Joe as always has already given you the info you need. He is a superstar.

For info on travel. I flew Air Asia from Bangkok to Nakhom Phanom and there is a shuttle bus from there to the border. The immigration staff at Mukdahan are very polite and the wife and I even got a lift from friendly staff at the border to the town centre!

The shuttle bus back to the airport leaves from the Riverfront Hotel a few times a day (and also from the border). The shuttle takes about 90 minutes from the airport. It is a bit tricky to time with visa issue and border run so I just plumbed for doing all the hassle today and relaxing and getting the morning flight back to Bangkok tomorrow.

P.S No duty free shop at FB2...well not that I could see. sad.png

I hope that helps.

Cheers

Edited by Villapete

Villa Pete is it a single or multi entry you got and the total cost of visa and single entry for Laos please the wife has got my head spinning here

I am sure he got a multiple entry visa. The fee for it is 5000 baht. A single is 2000 baht.

The Lao visa on arrival costs $30 to $42 dependent on what country you are from. Or you can pay 1500 baht. See: http://www.laos-guide-999.com/visa-on-arrival.html

• Like 1

I got the multi entry for 5000 Baht...lasts 12 months. Have to exit every 90 days BUT you can extend for 60 days so exit every 5 months and if you time it right you will get longer than the straight 12 months.

I have attached the visa on arrival form. Handy to have filled in with a photo on before you get to the border (not necessary but saves a bit of time). There is a map of the consulate that I got from a previous poster too and also the visa application form.

All very straightforward. I was in and out in 10 minutes or so on both days.

laos-visa-on-arrival-form.pdf

Thai consulate savannakhet map.docx

Visa Application Savannakhet.pdf

• Like 1

I went to savannaket 1 month ago and was refused a multiple entry because I did not have the original marriage certificate .

I read on this forum that they have issued them before .My marriage certificate copy was certified by the South African gov. as well as the Thai gov. but it did not make any difference. The guy at the counter only gave me a single entry but he was very arrogant telling me I can take it or leave it giving me no choice and then he tells me think about it !! Think about what? when i tell him to give me the single entry he tells me to go and stand at the back of the row. Everybody that was there was surprised at his attitude and some guys told me that they had never seen this young guy there before. So please make sure that you have the original as well.

Young chubby guy ! if so he is a known c0ck & a half. Seen problems with him every time I been there.

Main thing with Savanakhet is to do your homework & have all paperwork with you, originals copies & anything else to cover all possibilities. The Consulate is very unflexible & proper grade A thai style bad/rude service so 1 form wrong & you back of the queue ...

Plus side is if you smart & organised you get a double tourist & type o multientry based on marriage easy & cheap.

Edited by BuckBee

Thank you for this topic.

I guess I had an original marriage cert. years ago. It is dust now. But I have copies. I will go to Amphur Warin to get a copy, so I can change from a non B to a non O. Too old, no contract extension. Gone. Take my wife to SVKT. Please, non O 3 months. I've got to sell the farm. I have to find a place for mother in law to stay. No matter how good you are, if your an old teacher, you have to go. Thai Law. Thanks a lot Thailand.

Young chubby guy ! if so he is a known c0ck & a half. Seen problems with him every time I been there.

Main thing with Savanakhet is to do your homework & have all paperwork with you, originals copies & anything else to cover all possibilities. The Consulate is very unflexible & proper grade A thai style bad/rude service so 1 form wrong & you back of the queue ...

Plus side is if you smart & organised you get a double tourist & type o multientry based on marriage easy & cheap.

I am sorry but I really understand any consulate that is strict with rules: with all the low so poorly educated and some even retarded foreigners they see everyday, I am sure that I would not be patient with anyone also !

Villa Pete is it a single or multi entry you got and the total cost of visa and single entry for Laos please the wife has got my head spinning here

I am sure he got a multiple entry visa. The fee for it is 5000 baht. A single is 2000 baht.

The Lao visa on arrival costs $30 to $42 dependent on what country you are from. Or you can pay 1500 baht. See: http://www.laos-guide-999.com/visa-on-arrival.html

1300 baht for visa on arrival.

Hello,

There is a duty free shop, only 1 I think (same company as the one at Nong khai border).

How much is the shuttle from Nakhon pathom to Mukdahan ? Did you book it earlier or just walk to the desk at airport ?

Thank you.

Hi

Just a quick update. I am back in Mukdahan with a Non O. So yippee!

Apologies, I had in mind that I would only need to take copies of my marriage certificate but the rules are actually that you need to copy front and back and they also requested to see a copy of my original. Which as I said I took anyway.

There was at least one chap who did not have his original certificate with him and he was refused a non o and I think was issued with a tourist visa instead.

Ligriff...Ubon Joe as always has already given you the info you need. He is a superstar.

For info on travel. I flew Air Asia from Bangkok to Nakhom Phanom and there is a shuttle bus from there to the border. The immigration staff at Mukdahan are very polite and the wife and I even got a lift from friendly staff at the border to the town centre!

The shuttle bus back to the airport leaves from the Riverfront Hotel a few times a day (and also from the border). The shuttle takes about 90 minutes from the airport. It is a bit tricky to time with visa issue and border run so I just plumbed for doing all the hassle today and relaxing and getting the morning flight back to Bangkok tomorrow.

P.S No duty free shop at FB2...well not that I could see. sad.png

I hope that helps.

Cheers

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am sorry but I really understand any consulate that is strict with rules: with all the low so poorly educated and some even retarded foreigners they see everyday, I am sure that I would not be patient with anyone also !

A huge amount of the problems are caused by the consulate having no proper online details & no basic details on procedure at the consulate too., most backpackers have to rely on the tatoo clad german outside the consulate as the consulate just want the visa fee for no effort at all ...

Indeed many people who turn up are dregs of the world but this particular staff member is one of the worst I have seen in asia in a decade of experience ,,,

Yes 5 minutes walk up the road is one on left & few guest houses around the bus station. River front is more enjoyable area but if don't plan doing much or want be in foot distance of consulate & bus station then options do exist.

You mean 5 mns from the new consulate ?

Yes of course ! ... Le Kang hotel is about 5 miutes up road then 5 minutes more you at Bus station & loads around that area if you venture down either 2 roads opposite the bus station endless choice of guest houses at all budget ranges .

Edited by BuckBee

You mean 5 mns from the new consulate ?

Yes of course ! ... Le Kang hotel is about 5 miutes up road then 5 minutes more you at Bus station & loads around that area if you venture down either 2 roads opposite the bus station endless choice of guest houses at all budget ranges .

So the bus station is also very close to the consulate ?

Thank you again.

^ Yes walk out the front of bus Station on to main road & turn left & keep walking on that pavement crossing side roads as required & you will be at the new consulate in 10 minutes - 15 minutes max if doodle, consulate is on same side too. nice walk in the morning & better than paying for the magical tuk-tuk ride.

River front is not far from bus station either, I walked it in 15 minutes using a crappy map off google search. Tuk tuk boys tell you 3km but it will be 1km maybe bit over :-)

Have a look at the map on consulate website to familarise yourself with layout, both roads opposite the bus station have Guesthouses in easy walking distance that even a short legged thai could manage without a motorbike 'probably' :)

• Like 1

Hi

The shuttle bus from Nakhom Phanom airport is included in the booking when you book a flight BKK-Mukdahan with Air Asia.

I used tuk tuks outside consulate.50 baht a head. The bus station is about 2km from the Consulate and in was roasting with no shade so I just wanted to get back alive.

Thank you for this topic.

I guess I had an original marriage cert. years ago. It is dust now. But I have copies. I will go to Amphur Warin to get a copy, so I can change from a non B to a non O. Too old, no contract extension. Gone. Take my wife to SVKT. Please, non O 3 months. I've got to sell the farm. I have to find a place for mother in law to stay. No matter how good you are, if your an old teacher, you have to go. Thai Law. Thanks a lot Thailand.

The Amphoe cannot produce a copy of your marriage certificate.

If you have a good copy yourself you request a Kor Ror 2 be printed out and the Amphoe will stamp your copy as a certified copy. Then you present the Kor Ror 2 and the copy at the consulate instead of the original.

I got the multi entry for 5000 Baht...lasts 12 months. Have to exit every 90 days BUT you can extend for 60 days so exit every 5 months and if you time it right you will get longer than the straight 12 months.

I have attached the visa on arrival form. Handy to have filled in with a photo on before you get to the border (not necessary but saves a bit of time). There is a map of the consulate that I got from a previous poster too and also the visa application form.

All very straightforward. I was in and out in 10 minutes or so on both days.

Villapete

The information you have sent me is very much appreciated and very helpful.

Thanks again

wai.gif