Which shoes compatible with Click'R Pedals?

oldmajor

Hello All,
I have decided to take up Road Cycling and settled with a Cannondale Synapse Alloy 6, 105.
Although I have been a keen Mountain Biker for many years, I have never had the guts to lock my feet onto the pedals. I have been reading up on the Shimano Click'R and decided that this is the way to go. The Road Cycling will not be competitive, and the bike may well be used to go to 7-11 on occasions. (I bought the alloy version as Racks and Panniers can be fitted in case I fancy some short tours.)
I digress. The pedals I have purchased are the PD- T 420. My question is: Do all SPD shoes fit these pedals or do I need to purchase Click'R shoes to get the full benefit of the pedals? (I will be looking for casual type shoes that I can walk in when I get off the bike)

Any 2 bolt MTB/Touring SPD shoe will be compatible. Avoid the SPD-SL 3 bolt road shoes as these won't work.

I use Sidi Eagle 5 Pro shoes.

Don't know why the picture won't appear, here's a link, hopefully that works! http://cdn.bicyclehero.com/catalog/product/cache/9/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/i/sidi_eagle5_pro_bike_shoes_white_silver_blue.jpg

Edited by moonoi

I use Shimano MT23 shoes and they have a lot of mesh which is good for ventilation. It was 37'c today and my feet were fine even with socks on. You can walk in these shoes no problem. I cycle to Tesco, Big C and do my shopping wearing these shoes. Cost 35 pounds in the UK. It won't take long to get used to spd's. Set the tension to its lowest level at first. Actually if you are not racing the slackest setting is fine. Cleat position on the shoe is important. If your knees are hurting or a little sore after or during a ride, they are in the wrong position. Shimano shoes work great with spd pedals but they won't work very well with other "regular" side of your pedals. Normal tennis or running shoes will work best on that side.

Thanks for the advise Gents.

I have settled for some Shimano MT44 shoes. So now all I have to do is wait for the Bike, shoes and pedals to arrive and I'll be in business. biggrin.png . The Pedals and Shoes will arrive before the bike but hopefully all should be in BKK within a couple of weeks now.