Entering BKK and using the Thai only line with my family...

I was curious if anyone has had any experience using the Thai Nationals Que when arriving on a flight.

My wife and two kids all have dual citizenship and show their Thai passports, do you think Thai immigration would let me move through immigration with my family?

Thanks in advance...

CP

Edited by CynicalProgram

the best way to respond to this question is to say, its not right, its a courtesy extended

I have let through the Thai line on my own just showing my WP and other times been kicked out the line with Mrs S standing next to me...laugh.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

the best way to respond to this question is to say, its not right, its a courtesy extended

I have let through the Thai line on my own just showing my WP and other times been kicked out the line with Mrs S standing next to me...laugh.png

It's normally best to ask for permission first, before being told to move later on. So every time you land with your Thai mrs. you ask for permission. If it's granted, great. If not, you go to another line. Saves you the wasted time and humiliation of being kicked out of line after already waiting.

But then again, now that Thais have e-passports and foreigners, even residents on permanent residency visas aren't eligible to use the e-passport counters, why even stand in a Thai line in the first place?

Also, I have never seen a line in the Thai queue EVER. Thais just don't travel. I'd say 95% of all incoming and outgoing passengers are foreigners.

• Like 1

I have done it with the Thai wife and kids too. Not an issue. And even the occasional smile from the immigration person when they see the O visa in my passport.

Why is it a dodgy visa or something ? And if your married why not just get an extension ?

It's normally best to ask for permission first, before being told to move later on. So every time you land with your Thai mrs. you ask for permission. If it's granted, great. If not, you go to another line. Saves you the wasted time and humiliation of being kicked out of line after already waiting.

But then again, now that Thais have e-passports and foreigners, even residents on permanent residency visas aren't eligible to use the e-passport counters, why even stand in a Thai line in the first place?

Also, I have never seen a line in the Thai queue EVER. Thais just don't travel. I'd say 95% of all incoming and outgoing passengers are foreigners.

-------------------------------

At international airports now a Thai with a Thai passport can use the automatic Gates..... no need for them to queue.

At international airports now a Thai with a Thai passport can use the automatic Gates..... no need for them to queue.

I had to queue yesterday. A few chinese in the line who couldn't figure out they were in the wrong line. :)

That's what I just said. E-passport counters = e-gates. Different terminology, same thing.

I have done it with the Thai wife and kids too. Not an issue. And even the occasional smile from the immigration person when they see the O visa in my passport.

Why is it a dodgy visa or something ? And if your married why not just get an extension ?

The visa's fine; I get one very year like clockwork at the Portland, Oregon consulate. I just refuse to live in Thailand. I would rather make regular visits to see the kids.

My residence here Bangkok is registered at my embassy and so my passport shows as residence Bangkok as I cancelled my residence in my home country

Do you mind if I ask what country you are from. Never heard of cancelling home country residency. Im registered in Thailand to live and have no requirement to register with the UK embassy.

ASK the officer at the quew point if you may use the THAI ONLY line, ESPECIALLY if the Thain line is almost or is empty.

I am single, travel alone, I am 70 - regular US passport with RETIREMENT EXTEXSION of stay, 5 out of 7 times I have asked for and given permission to go thru the Thai Only line, at the Swamp.

Edited by edwardflory

ASK the officer at the quew point if you may use the THAI ONLY line, ESPECIALLY if the Thain line is almost or is empty.

I am single, travel alone, I am 70 - regular US passport with RETIREMENT EXTEXSION of stay, 5 out of 7 times I have asked for and given permission to go thru the Thai Only line, at the Swamp.

--------------------

I am 69 years old, and have some limited disability due to the results of an accident some years ago.

I normally use a wheelchair when flying.

I have before been wheeled through the Thai line at immigration on arrival at Swampy.

I was once being wheeled through the Thai line when a Thai woman behind me made a comment in Thai about why did she have to wait and the Farang went first..

The immigration officer told her because HE told the guy wheeling my wheelchair to bring me through the much shorter Thai line.

My Thai isn't all that good, but I understood enough to get the gist of what he told her.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
  • Like 1

My residence here Bangkok is registered at my embassy and so my passport shows as residence Bangkok as I cancelled my residence in my home country

Which has absolutely no relevance in terms of Thai immigration unless your a legal resident of Thailand ie you have PR

Just because your pp says BKK in it, does not give you any "right" over any other foreigner to use the Thai pp line

Really? As I have been working as advisor/expert for the Thai governments since many years immigration told me I could even use the diplomat line if the Thai line is crowded...traveling off and back of the country at least 10 times a year, I never ever had any problems when using the Thai line.

But it is not because your "passport shows as resident Bangkok". More likely, Bangkok is shown as the place of issue of your passport. Nobody doubts that you have been using the Thai lane without a problem, but it is not because of that mention of Bangkok in your passport.