Different rules for Blue and Black colored license plates?

Hello Everyone,

Are there different rules for Blue and Black colored license plates, especially on a pickup truck?

With a blue license plate does it mean that you have to stay in the left lane/left side of the road all the time but with the black color plates you can use any lane?

Thanks

I don't know about different traffic rules (except for different speed limits depending on type of vehicle).

As @steve187 wrote:

2 door pickup, green plate, yearly tax is constant and based on weight of the vehicle.

4 door pickup is treated like cars/limousines: black plate, yearly tax based on displacement, going down 10% per year from 100% to 50% from the 6th year.

Blue plate: private vehicle registered for transportation of people (but not taxi or public bus).

Edited by KhunBENQ

i think the difference is too do with yearly car tax,

2 door and open cab pickups green , and 4 door black, as are cars. blue is minibuses and taxi's,

If you're in a minibus or taxi with blue plates, get out. Should be yellow with black, or for taxi's can be green with white as well. sedans and 4-door pickups are white with black, 2-door pickups white with green.

good thing they don't have this on the license test or we would all fail, sans Briggsy apparently.

Here is my take:

Green: Couldn't afford the 4 door truck so instead took the 2 door and jammed everyone in the back.

Black: Money is not the major concern but not overly rich

Multi-coloured : Steve Martin types who don't want to be seen as ordinary riff raff

Blue: Hired help

Red: Avoid me at all costs - either I don't know how to drive or I want people to think my 98 Civic is new.

Am I getting warm?

good thing they don't have this on the license test or we would all fail, sans Briggsy apparently.

Here is my take:

Green: Couldn't afford the 4 door truck so instead took the 2 door and jammed everyone in the back.

Black: Money is not the major concern but not overly rich

Multi-coloured : Steve Martin types who don't want to be seen as ordinary riff raff

Blue: Hired help

Red: Avoid me at all costs - either I don't know how to drive or I want people to think my 98 Civic is new.

Am I getting warm?

Pretty close and it even makes sense!

Okay I shall try again. It would be really helpful if people would post comments that give genuine advice relating to the question rather than simply patronising the original poster with comments that are rather supercilious.Thank you.

Edited by allmodcons

I am confused, I have a blue plate with white numbers on my extra cab pick-up....so does this mean I am special...or did the DLT make a mistake?

If you bought new the dlt probably made a mistake. If you bought second hand it may have been used for people transport in the past.

No ones really had a go at answering the 'rules' question....

I was in an AOT van from Suvarnabumi airport, a motorbike policeman waved the van over from the right hand most lane and motioned the van to follow him over to the left hand side.

We were stopped on the left hand side for a few mins while the driver quickly negotiated his fine.

I was furious, lorrys and other heavy vehicles rocked the van as they passed within in inches (realistically feet). We were momentarily placed in a highly precarious position by the stupid policemn... A potently and unnecessary life threatening position to be placed in. My Wife and infant son were also in the van. Had a lorry hit us seat belts or the Baby seat wouldn't have offered much protection.

Apparently we were pulled over because the AOT van had a different plate colour (blue on white I think) and is not permitted the right hand most lane on the motorway.

No ones really had a go at answering the 'rules' question....

I was in an AOT van from Suvarnabumi airport, a motorbike policeman waved the van over from the right hand most lane and motioned the van to follow him over to the left hand side.

We were stopped on the left hand side for a few mins while the driver quickly negotiated his fine.

I was furious, lorrys and other heavy vehicles rocked the van as they passed within in inches (realistically feet). We were momentarily placed in a highly precarious position by the stupid policemn... A potently and unnecessary life threatening position to be placed in. My Wife and infant son were also in the van. Had a lorry hit us seat belts or the Baby seat wouldn't have offered much protection.

Apparently we were pulled over because the AOT van had a different plate colour (blue on white I think) and is not permitted the right hand most lane on the motorway.

They were probably pulled over because they are not allowed to transfer non staff. Green plates or yellow are required.

Some information about licence plates in Thailand:

http://driving.information.in.th/license-plates.html

(DELETED)

Company registered vehicle license plate: 2 Green letters and 1, 2, 3 or 4 green digits, on a white background.

All my peasant neighbours are companies. What a (DELETED)

Edited by seedy
language

I am confused, I have a blue plate with white numbers on my extra cab pick-up....so does this mean I am special...or did the DLT make a mistake?

If you bought new the dlt probably made a mistake. If you bought second hand it may have been used for people transport in the past.

With such a plate he might either driving a Chinese licensed car, or one from the UN.

Wiki has a page showing different licence plate colours and links to the latest ministerial regulations (in Thai)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Thailand

The current designs are regulated by the notification of the Department of Land Transport dated B.E. 2554 (2011 CE) for buses and trucks, and by the ministerial regulation issued B.E. 2554 for other motor vehicles