2nd Entry - Out of Thailand

Hello,

I come here to ask you , last month , I had to make Border-Run in Laos.

So I crossed the border out of Thailand and I 'm turning around inside the border.

So I did not pay the visa for Laos and I got two more months in my 2 entry visa.

I want to know if it is possible to do the same in Pakse :
Having output stamp of Thailand and make a half turn on the river.

Thanks.

it is possible too, in Paxxe, as at the Chong Mek border, there is a large area in between the checkpoints where you can stay, shop, have a drink or see the market, without the need of having completed the Laos visa procedure yet.

However I do not know how Thai Immigration treats you when there is no Visa stamping you OUT of Laos.

For all intents and purposes your entry to the country is not legal. You have to leave and enter another country to get a new entry.

You were just lucky that the immigration officer did not notice you had not entered Laos.

• Like 1

For all intents and purposes you entry to the country is not legal. You have to leave and enter another country to get a new entry.

You were just lucky that the immigration officer did not notice you had not entered Laos.

People who already have a visa for Laos can leave Thailand by Pakse from what I've read.

For example, how do people who renew their passports from abroad? T

They have all the output stamp where they come from?

It is true that I probably got lucky, the officer who stamped me as I entered the passage in Thailand, came from the town where I stayed, we joked and waiting people.

He did not ask me from where I came from, I only have Visa Thailand, with 2 inputs + output buffer and re-entry, no input buffer or output Laos.

Imagine that I forgot the money for the stamp and the visa-on-arrival, I can not turn back?

And imagine that Laos refuse me a visa, I must turn around, i think.

If I have the visa, I do not see what can prohibit me?

The question to ask is does it matter the output stamps of the other territories for the countries where we enters.

Edited by Love66

You can cross the border at Chong Mek to Vangtao which is on the way to Pakse. You can get a Lao visa on arrival there.

See: http://www.laos-guide-999.com/Laos-border.html

If you flying into the country immigration does not look for stamps departing another country because many countries do not stamp their citizens out of the country.

It is different at border crossings because immigration is aware that you will have a stamp from the other country and it is possible to turn around and return with being stamped into and out of the country.

Love66

I am not sure what it is you are asking or wishing to achieve.

However , I can assure you that attempting to circumvent Border/Immigration controls is an offence which could land a person in a deal of trouble.

• Like 1

You can cross the border at Chong Mek to Vangtao which is on the way to Pakse. You can get a Lao visa on arrival there.

See: http://www.laos-guide-999.com/Laos-border.html

If you flying into the country immigration does not look for stamps departing another country because many countries do not stamp their citizens out of the country.

It is different at border crossings because immigration is aware that you will have a stamp from the other country and it is possible to turn around and return with being stamped into and out of the country.

The problem is that I am very far away from Chong Mek, I live 30km from Bueng Kan

You say that if Laos takes me out of Thailand but do not enter Laos, I can get into trouble?
There is there a zone not owned any country?

The last time I made a U-turn here:

1102.jpg

I doubt you can find exactly the same area in the Mekong river.

Edited by Love66

The nearest crossing with a Lao visa on arrival available to Bungkan is at Nakhon Phanom.

If you had a Lao visa you could cross from Bungkan to Pakxan on the ferry. If you do not have a visa for Laos there Thai immigration will not stamp you out of the country. You can get a visa at the Lao consulate in Khoen Khen.

In my opinion it is no problem. The reason why they want you to leave and enter is to be able to control you. Like if you did wrong or overstay, they can prevent you are coming back in.

you show up at immigration officer, they stamp you out. you enter Thailand, they check if you are allowed, if yes you can enter, Where or what country you traveled before is no matter for you entering Thailand.

As proven by people who done this before.

Same like when you should go out by your private boat, no reason to know what countries you passed, or if you do a big tour and come back 2 weeks later without having entered another country ..

Edited by Incobart

In my opinion it is no problem. The reason why they want you to leave and enter is to be able to control you. Like if you did wrong or overstay, they can prevent you are coming back in.

you show up at immigration officer, they stamp you out. you enter Thailand, they check if you are allowed, if yes you can enter, Where or what country you traveled before is no matter for you entering Thailand.

Same like when you should go out by your private boat, no reason to know what countries you passed, or if you do a big tour and come back 2 weeks later without having entered another country ..

People that did this has been, as ubonjoe noted above, just lucky.

If you don't enter another country, you do not have ever left Thailand. That must be demonstrated at a land border. Go ahead, try yourself and let us know how it goes when you tell the immigration officer that it is "no matter".

Will also welcome your reports about yachting and immigration.

People that did this has been, as ubonjoe noted above, just lucky.

If you don't enter another country, you do not have ever left Thailand. That must be demonstrated at a land border. Go ahead, try yourself and let us know how it goes when you tell the immigration officer that it is "no matter".

Will also welcome your reports about yachting and immigration.

Hi, can you somehow prove this by the written law rule that say that your outgoing stamp is not enough, that you are obligated to enter another foreign country ?

Thanks in advance for making the doubt clear

Hi, can you somehow prove this by the written law rule that say that your outgoing stamp is not enough, that you are obligated to enter another foreign country ?

Again, you should challenge immigration, not myself. Read in another thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/811071-visa-run-must-i-actually-enter-another-country-or-just-exit-thailand/

what happened to the ones that had shortened their u-turns.

At an airport I can understand that to turn around is not accepted,

but imagine for one reason or another, we are denied entry into the country,

we should bring a sleeping tent to stay living foreveer in the border? I have a doubt .

Me, I asked Laos Office ,

I do not have the money to enter Laos , you can refuse my entry ?
They have absolutely nothing understood,

And so I asked around me :
One man told me , you are in a border and you can go there or you have a visa , or intend to request one visa on arrival.

He looked at my passport , asked me : where I wanted to go? Thailand
So it is legal to do a half turn at a border , I think but he was not an officer...

The person in your link does not say if she had a visa

Edited by Love66

we should bring a sleeping tent to stay living foreveer in the border? I have a doubt .

Me, I asked Laos Office ,

I do not have the money to enter Laos , you can refuse my entry ?

They have absolutely nothing understood,

And so I asked around me :

One man told me , you are in a border and you can go there or you have a visa , or intend to request one visa on arrival.

He looked at my passport , asked me : where I wanted to go? Thailand

So it is legal to do a half turn at a border , I think but he was not an officer...

The person in your link does not say if she had a visa

we should bring a sleeping tent to stay living foreveer in the border?

That is unnecessary. Once they decide you are trying to enter illegally, and there is no other good alternative, Thai immigration will provide you with accommodation until you can pay the fines and arrange transport back to your home country.

If you were denied entry to the other country at a border crossing they might let you back in Thailand if you had time left on your precious entry by canceling your departure stamp.

It is worldwide standards and norms that when you leave a country you must legally enter another country in order to return to the one you left.

There have been lots of stories of people being stuck in the transit area of an airport because they could not enter a country.

I suspect there have been cases of people getting stuck in no mans land at a border crossing.

Moreover in the airport area, it seems to have read my articles or people were turned to immigration,

and did not want to return home, had to take another plane to take an intermediate country .

I think the problem worse , and argument to refuse entry in Thailand, is precisely that the input demand in Thailand , made be done " in Thailand ."

I had a starting card Laos no stamped printed with me.

To apply for a visa , I know that it is mandatory to leave the territory .

I also had the chance to be in my second entry ,

I guess if I 'm doing this to apply for a visa -on- arrival ,

the officer would have probably found it suspicious that I apply for a visa after getting out .

Edited by Love66

(.....)

If denied entry you can return to the country you just exited from.

In such cases Thailand will detain you and expel you to your own country. Reason why they for example a Mai Sai check strictly if you will be allowed to enter Myanmar and if they hink you will not be allowed to enter Myanmar Thai immigraiton sends you away.