Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

What I am able to put on the paper TM47 has nothing to do with the online form

You don't have the option to input what you want, you must use the drop down, and the drop down does not have United States, only American, which I am sure really frosts all those from Canada and South and Central America

The reason I asked was because if you put United States or USA on the TM47 form it would not match what you select when applying for online reporting when you have no choice but American.

It appears that they do a search for your records based upon passport number, nationality and date of birth.

I just looked at my computer printed TM47 receipt and this is what it has which I assume it is what is in their computers as it is a computer generated receipt. Not sure how they match that up with only American in the online version. smile.png

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

I have the same on my most recent receipt. Does your passport number under the bar code have USA in front of it or anything else

I think the wrong nationality could be a problem for a lot of people. What if a person put UK instead of British or Scottish or Irish (northern Ireland) that all appear on the list. Irish brings up another question.

In 'Visa Info' page 2 what/where is my 'Stay Permitted Date'?

Sorry about line through middle. Anyone know why my keyboard is doing this?

Edit: Fixed it. Probably because you accidentally clicked strike through like this.

Edited by ubonjoe

steven100, on 07 Apr 2015 - 09:49, said:
Faz, on 07 Apr 2015 - 09:42, said:

Don't select that box. You can still move onto the next page.

Thanks Faz.

Already went to next step 3. But there is nothing shown in the information ...

no name , no TM number nothing ... just small dasshes.

Then I click ' acknowledge and accept ' and it just goes back to that page ...

I'm wondering if it has ' timed out ' and should I start again and do it faster ... ?

If you haven't completed the application it should let you go back again.

Your internet may have disconnected, then reconnect while doing it, happens all the time in my neck of the woods.

Once your application is accepted and your in 'pending' you cannot get back in to go through the steps again (other than the first page again)

sinbin, on 07 Apr 2015 - 10:05, said:

It's on your extension.

'Extension of stay permitted up to' ---------

Thanks Faz.

I'm wondering if it has ' timed out ' and should I start again and do it faster ... ?

I too have this problem. I tick the box at the bottom and doesn't go to page 4. No info shown in the above fields.

Edit: Fixed it. Probably because you accidentally clicked strike through like this.

That is the date your extension or entry ends. It will be in your passport either on your extension stamp or entry/permitted to stay stamp.

What I am able to put on the paper TM47 has nothing to do with the online form

You don't have the option to input what you want, you must use the drop down, and the drop down does not have United States, only American, which I am sure really frosts all those from Canada and South and Central America

The reason I asked was because if you put United States or USA on the TM47 form it would not match what you select when applying for online reporting when you have no choice but American.

It appears that they do a search for your records based upon passport number, nationality and date of birth.

I just looked at my computer printed TM47 receipt and this is what it has which I assume it is what is in their computers as it is a computer generated receipt. Not sure how they match that up with only American in the online version. smile.png

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

One of the posts above said American was checked and accepted on the on line form for people from the USA. Is that correct and is American the correct box to check for Americans? My TM47 says USA.

Your only choice is to use American. Let us know if goes through with American selected although you put USA on your TM47's before.

I think that is why I cannot get past the first page.

Thanks Faz.

I too have this problem. I tick the box at the bottom and doesn't go to page 4. No info shown in the above fields.

Sorted. There must be a log out time. Went back to the beginning and started afresh but quicker this time. Accepted.

Joe, why don't you just select 'American' and see if it lets you proceed.

Do you have any other choice?

I can only select American there is no other choice. I have tried many times and cannot get past the personal info page. I just get the popup message to check with my local office.

I thought it strange that the nationality drop down only listed, under United States, the minor outlying territories but further down found American so that was what I used and it went through

What have you been putting on the TM47 form on the nationality line?

American is not a nationality. I think immigration should at least add USA so it can be selected.

I always put 'USA' on my TM.6 (Departure Card) and had no trouble with online reporting.

I thought it strange that the nationality drop down only listed, under United States, the minor outlying territories but further down found American so that was what I used and it went through

American is not a nationality. I think immigration should at least add USA so it can be selected.

I always put 'USA' on my TM.6 (Departure Card) and had no trouble with online reporting.

What have you been putting on the TM47 form when you have done reports or when you applied for an extension of stay.

What have you been putting on the TM47 form when you have done reports or when you applied for an extension of stay.

I've always written USA, never American.

Thanks Faz.

Sorted. There must be a log out time. Went back to the beginning and started afresh but quicker this time. Accepted.

Same here, all done got my ' Acknowledgment ' in step 4.

Got my TRN ... although I don't have a printer to print out the page ....

I did scan the TRN bar code.

Also, worked with Firefox, just download the add-on ( firefox user agent ) go to tools, change the user agent from default to IE or whatever your using .. I used IE8

Now when do I get my receipt ? whistling.gif

steven100, on 07 Apr 2015 - 12:22, said:steven100, on 07 Apr 2015 - 12:22, said:steven100, on 07 Apr 2015 - 12:22, said:steven100, on 07 Apr 2015 - 12:22, said:
sinbin, on 07 Apr 2015 - 10:41, said:sinbin, on 07 Apr 2015 - 10:41, said:sinbin, on 07 Apr 2015 - 10:41, said:sinbin, on 07 Apr 2015 - 10:41, said:
sinbin, on 07 Apr 2015 - 10:23, said:sinbin, on 07 Apr 2015 - 10:23, said:sinbin, on 07 Apr 2015 - 10:23, said:sinbin, on 07 Apr 2015 - 10:23, said:
steven100, on 07 Apr 2015 - 09:49, said:steven100, on 07 Apr 2015 - 09:49, said:steven100, on 07 Apr 2015 - 09:49, said:

Thanks Faz.

Same here, all done got my ' Acknowledgment ' in step 4.

Got my TRN ... although I don't have a printer to print out the page ....

I did scan the TRN bar code.

Also, worked with Firefox, just download the add-on ( firefox user agent ) go to tools, change the user agent from default to IE or whatever your using .. I used IE8

Now when do I get my receipt ? whistling.gif

Steven, when select the 'pending' section, you have a choice to either enter the TRN number, or just your DOB, Nationality and Passport Number so printing off that page isn't a necessity. You may need to print your receipt off though.

The instructions state your application will start to be processed within 7 working days, but how long the process period is, is anybody's guess.

One would thing the same day they start to process it, but..............

As of yet I haven't seen a report of anyone receiving a receipt. The earliest application was I think on 26th March, which makes today the 7th working day for that OP.

Edited by Faz
  • Like 1

Here is what my online TM 47 shows (personal data removed) :

attachicon.gifTM 47.png

I was asking what you put on the TM47 forms when you did them in the past.

Answered in post #262, I have never used American for my nationality. On Visa applications, arrival and departure cards, and handwritten TM 47 I always put USA.

But what I have done in the past means nothing when a new web site is forcing me to pick nationality and only gives me one choice, American; that is what I put down and since they don't seem to know that American is not a nationality I am going to assume that the program will read it as USA. I think everyone is making too much out of this quirk. They have your name, your passport number, date of birth and address. If they can't find you in their system with all that then there is no hope anyway

It is like last names, Thais are always calling me Mr. and my first name, never Mr. and my last name. Even though it is incorrect I still answer to it

People from Guam carry American Passports. I wonder why the have US Territories listed at all.

By the way...only US Citizens (Guam included) carry American Passports. Forget South and Central America...they don't use the word American on their passport, as there are too many countries in each region. Canada and Mexico don't call themselves American either.

Just go with American.....it is not that confusing.

Answered in post #262, I have never used American for my nationality. On Visa applications, arrival and departure cards, and handwritten TM 47 I always put USA.

But what I have done in the past means nothing when a new web site is forcing me to pick nationality and only gives me one choice, American; that is what I put down and since they don't seem to know that American is not a nationality I am going to assume that the program will read it as USA. I think everyone is making too much out of this quirk. They have your name, your passport number, date of birth and address. If they can't find you in their system with all that then there is no hope anyway

It is like last names, Thais are always calling me Mr. and my first name, never Mr. and my last name. Even though it is incorrect I still answer to it

Sorry, this is way off topic, but you American chaps agonizing about the acceptable way to express your nationality has sparked a memory of my time as an Immigration Officer on the desk at Heathrow 25 or so years ago. What USA nationals put on their landing cards against 'Nationality' was quite educational. Many would list their antecedents and come up with wonderful combinations such as "Irish/Polish/Jewish", and so on. Then there were the ones that put "Caucasian", and would be subjected by some of my colleagues to questions like "How are things in Caucasia at the moment?", although I soon got bored with that. Only US nationals ever interpreted 'Nationality' that way.

I'll get my coat...

• Like 2

I have the same on my most recent receipt. Does your passport number under the bar code have USA in front of it or anything else

Just got home to check it and under the barcode it does show USA. And of course the online doesn't have USA so hope the American option does work.

My notification was accepted. Where on that website do I check 'status'

Notification 90 days is Approved. You can check status by visit www.immigration.go.th

The 2nd page after you agree to their terms.

post-566-0-37023800-1428398473_thumb.jpg

My report is due on 9th, my application is still pending, but....I have the offer of a free ride to Amnat Charoen tomorrow with a friend.

I thought I'd give Amnat a ring, with my luck the receipt will be available tomorrow so no point travelling up there needlessly.

Amnat tell me they have a problem with the system and they can't access it to check on 'pending' applications cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Don't you just love Thailand...........he has no idea if other offices have the same problem wai2.gif

whistling.gif TAXI

Edited by Faz

Then there were the ones that put "Caucasian", and would be subjected by some of my colleagues to questions like "How are things in Caucasia at the moment?", although I soon got bored with that.

Well the guys at Thai Immigration have obviously got a sense of humour as well.

In the drop down menu you can select your nationality as Utopia (UTOPIA/ยูโทเปีย)

• Like 1

MickTurator, on 07 Apr 2015 - 16:28, said:
Langsuan Man, on 07 Apr 2015 - 12:44, said:Then there were the ones that put "Caucasian", and would be subjected by some of my colleagues to questions like "How are things in Caucasia at the moment?", although I soon got bored with that.

Well the guys at Thai Immigration have obviously got a sense of humour as well.

In the drop down menu you can select your nationality as Utopia (UTOPIA/ยูโทเปีย)

What! Not Texan facepalm.gif

I heard back from immigration already. That was fast, same-day response email saying:

ผลการแจ้งที่พักอาศัยเกิน 90 วัน ของท่าน มีการ อนุมัติ กรุณาตรวจสอบการ อนุมัติ ได้ที่ www.immigration.go.thNotification 90 days is Approved. You can check status by visit www.immigration.go.th

I always write 'USA' on any forms I fill out for immigration, so that doesn't seem to be a problem in choosing 'American' online.

Edited by SpoliaOpima
  • Like 1