Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

6 hours ago, NE1 said:

As pointed out to me before by UbonJoe , you don't lose anything  ,because your extension of stay date still remains the same.

It only means that over time you have to do an extra 90 day report, but as they are free you have not lost anything.

I agree now that there is the facility for some to report through the internet. When it was required that I report in person, I paid attention to the dates in order to line up one of my reports with my extension application. I managed that over a period of 10 years (eased by the regulation that the extension application was increased to 45 days prior to expiry of the previous one).

As you say, now no worries.

5 hours ago, steve73 said:

Some I/O's get you to do a 90 day report when you do an extension anyway, whether it's due or not.  So if you do use on-line, you still need to do 4 each year (plus the one at Ext. time). 

Wouldn't it be great if all the IOs at all the offices complied with the regulations and thereby give us a clue?

On Fri Mar 27 2015 at 2:04 AM, ezzra said:

Bravo, at last, Thailand is moving forward into the 21st century, I just hope that this is the prelude

to easier and better things to come to make foreigners life here a lot easier...

21st century would be to stop this useless procedure 90 day report....

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:37 PM, steve73 said:

Well the system is running and it allowed me to go in and check Status...

But still pending...  If not approved by tonight, I'll cancel it and reapply on Monday as next Tuesday is my last possible day to submit an on-line report.

Success... and a nice Christmas present from I/O, although I forgot to cancel & reapply...

It was approved on the last possible day, and next report due in just 84 days - since this coincides with my next Extension due date, so I will do the 90 report at the same time, even if it's 30 days early.

Been using the online reporting since it's inception.

The last two reports, the first six months ago, were no longer accepted. A message in Thai came up after the second page about not being able to continue.

Comparing previous report printouts shows only one change -

I live in Chiang Mai, previously this was shown in the dropdown menu as CHINGMAI and printed out as such,

now the dropdown menu shows CHIANG MAI.

It appears this is what is causing the failure, anyone else found the same and is there any answer to it?

Screenshot (1).png

55 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That may be a problem with your email address. Try changing to a different email address.

I had the same message 3 months ago. A message in Thai that most of us cannot read ..... Fortunately I can read a bit of Thai and the beginning of the message says : "not able to use this email". email= อีเมล . I cannot understand the rest of the message. I always used [email protected] before, I now use [email protected] without problem.

2 hours ago, Ginkas said:

Been using the online reporting since it's inception.

The last two reports, the first six months ago, were no longer accepted. A message in Thai came up after the second page about not being able to continue.

Comparing previous report printouts shows only one change -

I live in Chiang Mai, previously this was shown in the dropdown menu as CHINGMAI and printed out as such,

now the dropdown menu shows CHIANG MAI.

It appears this is what is causing the failure, anyone else found the same and is there any answer to it?

Screenshot (1).png

After zooming the message I can translate it, except for the second sentence:

"Not able to use this email address.  .....................................your email. Please contact your immigration office or use another email address".

Unbelievable that the message is only in Thai and cannot be copied and pasted in Google Translate.

I think they've changed their e-m notification system recently.

For all my previous on-line reports (until my previous one 3 months ago) I never received an e-mail me to notify that the report had been approved.  My e-m was a [email protected] address, other people I'd helped submit on-line, all with .com addresses always received notification. 

So it seems that although they now recognize the .co.uk format, there are others that they do not, although I seems a petty way to reject the application, since it's easy enough to check on-line.  Perhaps they are harvesting our e-m addresses to monitor them...?

Thanks for the advice.

Tried a different email address, 'Gmail', and this time I got the English notification about reporting to my local office!

Then tried two other email addresses and both got the Thai message.

The original email address is a '3bbmail' one I've had for many years and was always accepted before and received notification when the report was approved.

Looks like I'm back to traipsing down to Immigration every 90 days after 2 years of reporting online ☹️.

Edited by Ginkas

4 hours ago, steve73 said:

Success... and a nice Christmas present from I/O, although I forgot to cancel & reapply...

It was approved on the last possible day, and next report due in just 84 days - since this coincides with my next Extension due date, so I will do the 90 report at the same time, even if it's 30 days early.

It's of no consequence if the application is 30 days or even 45 days early. The next extension will still commence on the same date as your last one (plus 1 year).

8 hours ago, Ginkas said:

Thanks for the advice.

Tried a different email address, 'Gmail', and this time I got the English notification about reporting to my local office!

The original email address is a '3bbmail' one I've had for many years and was always accepted before and received notification when the report was approved.

Looks like I'm back to traipsing down to Immigration every 90 days after 2 years of reporting online ☹️.

I think you get the same message about your email address, if there are any other errors in the data you enter, like your city, district, etc. Make sure none of the text entry boxes have a yellow warning. 

I did my 90 day report today and got the same message in Thai, about my email address, then saw the yellow data warning. I have been using the online reporting for years and don't remember seeing the yellow data warnings before.

Try reentering your data again. It worked for me, my 90 day online report was approved (and I used my same mail address). 

Edited by Thailand2020

Thanks for the suggestion, but no yellow warnings.

Have checked my entries against the ones that were successful in the past, I kept a copy of each 'pending' and each 'approval' on the computer.

The only change is the province, which on the drop-down list used to be "CHINGMAI" (and printed out as such) and is now "CHIANGMAI".

Amphur and Tambon drop-downs were correct for Chingmai, as they are for Chiangmai.

I think the data on the system has a link between name, arrival card number and email address amongst others, and therefore won't accept the email address as it thinks it is linked to another 'person' in Chingmai. Changing the email address doesn't clear the 'linkage'. It's all I can think of. 

Probably the only way of clearing it to leave the country and get a new arrivals/departure number so I 'start again', something I'm not really planning on doing anytime soon.

22 hours ago, Ginkas said:

Thanks for the advice.

Hi,

Am also in Chiang Mai.  Did the 90 day online report on Xmas day.  Had a very slight hiccup when it came to my address.  To complete it found it was necessary to start typing  "Mueang" before the "Chiang Mai".   Otherwise no problem whatsoever

Is this notice something new from online reporting at CW?

"Please let the owner must notify within 24 hours from the time of arriving at the residence in bangkok counter J1"

Last time I returned to Bangkok I took owner with me to report my staying in her house again (been there for 7 years now) we were sent away and it was sugested that we report to the local ampure office.

Edited by norbra
more info

Please excuse me if this is in the wrong place, but my question is this: how can I find out what amount is subtracted from my Monthly Social Security Direct Deposit amount? When I do the currency calculations, it doesn't seem to be correct. How much is deducted from my Direct Deposit amount? Who deducts it? Please advise me where I can obtain this information.

Thanks,

James Cicero

11 minutes ago, jctv1944 said:

Please excuse me if this is in the wrong place, but my question is this: how can I find out what amount is subtracted from my Monthly Social Security Direct Deposit amount? When I do the currency calculations, it doesn't seem to be correct. How much is deducted from my Direct Deposit amount? Who deducts it? Please advise me where I can obtain this information.

Thanks,

James Cicero

Not sure what your question is about.

Are you asking about the deduction from you social security payments direct deposited to your Bangkok Bank account via their New York branch. If yes the fees for it can be found here: https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Into-Thailand/Transfer-money-from-US-to-Thailand-via-Bangkok-Bank-NewYork-branch

For ubonjoe:

My online reporting has worked just fine, including now able to use Firefox. But I'm about to get a new passport and understand I won't be able to use that new passport number in my next online reporting. So, how do I reset matters so that my new passport will work with online reporting? If I do a mail in report, will that reset the online system for me? Do I need to go in person to Immigration? Or do I need to leave the country to get a reset? Thanx

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will have to do that to get a new entry. The database the system access is from entries to the country.

So, with a new passport, I have to leave the country to be able to continue doing online 90 day reports? However, can I, with a new passport, do 90 day reports by mail without first leaving and reentering the country?

11 minutes ago, JimGant said:

So, with a new passport, I have to leave the country to be able to continue doing online 90 day reports? However, can I, with a new passport, do 90 day reports by mail without first leaving and reentering the country?

Yes you can after you have your stamps transferred to the new passport at immigration.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can after you have your stamps transferred to the new passport at immigration.

Ah, now to the crunch..... So, I get my stamps transferred to my new passport, then I do a 90 day report by mail. Now, for the subsequent 90 day report, can I do it online?

24 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Ah, now to the crunch..... So, I get my stamps transferred to my new passport, then I do a 90 day report by mail. Now, for the subsequent 90 day report, can I do it online?

Not until you make a new entry into the country - some of us will never be able to use online system because of this,

12 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Not until you make a new entry into the country - some of us will never be able to use online system because of this,

Thanx. That really sucks -- just when the system has worked smoothly.

90 day report Chiang Mai.

????

First off Happy New Year one and all !!

Having arrived on October 17 2018 to Chiang Mai I am due for my 90 day report by January 14 2019 I believe?

I am attempting to do this report online at www.immigration.go.th I can get into the website and select online services and then select the orange 90 day report tab but from there all I get is a downloadable guide option. This I downloaded thinking I could load this form with the info required and then submit but this form does not retain my info.

What am I doing wrong?