Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

11 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

2. using Firefox browser on my PC, I twice had an issue where after entering in all my basic info on the first screen, entering in the Captcha number and then clicking to proceed to the next screen, the website simply returned an entirely blank webpage.

That is what you get if the contact your local office popup is blocked for some reason.

If you can see the popup and click OK it takes you back to the completed page one.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Have to help a neighbor file this morning

Was able to successfully submit a 90-day report using the web portal for/with my neighbor. No need to "reload". He's on an ext stay/wife, through end March 2021. His report date was 19 Nov, he previously filed a report in person at MTT in August. Report is Pending as expected.

I entered the details, just as I did for my own, on my PC using Chrome. His went through, mine did not.

Again, as when I was able to do reports online, and for my neighbor today, the system is BRILLIANT, when it works.

• Like 1

Just a thought. For those who are getting the "For further information..." error, it might be worth trying your previous flight number - that is, the one that last worked successfully - and see if that gets you to the second screen. Theory being that airport immigration neglected to update the flight number on the system on your last arrival. 

I'll try this myself next time, but that will be in another three months. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

it might be worth trying your previous flight number

Flight number is not a required field. Just successfully filed a report (for a neighbor) with this field left blank.

In my own many previous successful filings I never ever fileld in this field.

In recent unsuccessful attempts I have both entered this field, and left it blank. No go.

This "theory" goes in the animal sacrifice bin.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Flight number is not a required field. Just successfully filed a report (for a neighbor) with this field left blank.

In my own many previous successful filings I never ever fileld in this field.

In recent unsuccessful attempts I have both entered this field, and left it blank. No go.

This "theory" goes in the animal sacrifice bin.

You never filled in your flight number even though you came in on a flight? Wonder why you would you not put that in when it's asked for...?

In previous unsuccessful attempts did you try using the previous flight number? That's the only way to put this theory to bed.

Or previous white card number...? That field is surely required as they always make a big fuss about it.

I know, I'm clutching at straws here. If one of these fields is entered incorrectly on the system, then this won't help.

Well, I should think the only thing to do is go to CW with all our details clearly printed out in 18 pt typeface and ask someone to check that they correspond to what is on the system, and if that is still not the problem, then insist on speaking to the one person who knows. There's always one person who knows - it's just a question of finding him...

Edited by Mr Derek

9 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

You never filled in your flight number even though you came in on a flight?

Never. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

Wonder why you would you not put that in when it's asked for...?

Field is not required. (No red asterisk.)

10 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

In previous unsuccessful attempts did you try using the previous flight number?

Of course not. It is not required. And why would someone knowingly enter false information? This is why I won't use the rpevious passport hack.

11 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

That's the only way to put this theory to bed.

This "theory" is already dead and buried, not sleeping.

11 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

I know, I'm clutching at straws here.

Yep.

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Never. 

Field is not required. (No red asterisk.)

Of course not. It is not required. And why would someone knowingly enter false information? This is why I won't use the rpevious passport hack.

This "theory" is already dead and buried, not sleeping.

Yep.

Flight number doesn't have a red asterisk because not everyone comes in on plane. If you've ticked 'Airplane' though, then it's intuitively obvious that you are supposed to enter the flight number in the next line.

Well, good luck persuading Karen at the immigration office that needn't bother filling in that field.

3 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

Flight number doesn't have a red asterisk because not everyone comes in on plane. If you've ticked 'Airplane' though, then it's intuitively obvious that you are supposed to enter the flight number in the next line.

It is not required field since it is not required at all. I it was required like you think it would show a red asterick if you selected airplane and it doesn't.

image.png.24fd280eac26a4496080a8a26fa5ee79.png

• Like 2

I have been trying to do online reporting

tried 2 different os s

used the phone app and now have a 90 day pending

what was of interest is wanted my orginal visa dates but not the expired finish date but the extension finish date

and this is my first 90 day

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is not required field since it is not required at all. I it was required like you think it would show a red asterick if you selected airplane and it doesn't.

image.png.24fd280eac26a4496080a8a26fa5ee79.png

Hmmm. Why assume the form is sophisticated enough to change dependent on other entries? I think it's a bigger leap to assume they don't want it, than to assume they do, seeing as the field is right there.

Fact is, they collect flight no. information on the immigration card at the airport (and they ask to see your boarding card at the time, presumably in order to check it) and they manually write the flight no. next to the visa stamp in your passport (at least they used to) so it must be significant. Anyway, the heavy implication is that it is recorded on your immigration record. So it is fair to assume that the online system should correspond to that record.

And to someone else who advised to put in the minimum possible on a form - good luck with that strategy, which is a recipe for having the forms thrown back in your face. At CW they check through every field and tell you quite testily to fill in what's missing. If you did that by mail, you'd risk having the thing returned for resubmission, depending on the mood of whoever processed it.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is what you get if the contact your local office popup is blocked for some reason.

If you can see the popup and click OK it takes you back to the completed page one.

I don't think that (a contact your local office popup) was the reason behind the issue I encountered... Because, on my second attempt, simply reloading the blank page, as I explained above, took me to the second form page and allowed me to successfully file my report via the online method.

14 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

This re-load option has been mentioned - I only saw it recently AFTER I did an in-person report - as a work-around.

Thanks for this detail, suspect it will potentially help many people.

Have to help a neighbor file this morning, will use it if needed and follow up here.

I've been successfully doing my 90-day reports online for a long time (up until the recent fake amnesty) and never encountered that 2nd page blank screen problem in the past. So dunno what was going on with that this latest time.

But at the same time, I don't think I was ever blocked from using my normal U.S. VPN in the past either.

23 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Report is Pending as expected.

Approved ~ 16:15, report filed ~ 08:45.

Bangkok Div 1/CW-MTT is the serving office.

No arrival flight details provided.

Next report date slip printed (that used to be a challenge long ago).

Neighbor is quite pleased.

Grrr.

10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But at the same time, I don't think I was ever blocked from using my normal U.S. VPN in the past either.

When there was the AIS connection issue (since repaired) I tried a VPN (with all sorts of servers incl. a "Thailand" one), could never connect. Tried ~ three PCs, and four ISPs (DTAC, True, 3BB and AIS).

13 hours ago, Mr Derek said:

And to someone else who advised to put in the minimum possible on a form - good luck with that strategy

Actually, this is a proven winning strategy long touted since the introduction on on-line reporting.

I filed in person at MTT last Friday. My TM47 simply had "Air" in the "arrived by" field. No questions, approved.

That said, if you're comfortable using a previous flight number go for it. Let us know how it works out for you. But, I'd review the terms and conditions first.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't think that (a contact your local office popup) was the reason behind the issue I encountered... Because, on my second attempt, simply reloading the blank page, as I explained above, took me to the second form page and allowed me to successfully file my report via the online method.

I have gotten the blank page more than once and then made sure the popup was not blocked and then got the message.

The popup at times will come up when the system cannot access the database and you go back to page one enter a new captcha and will go to page 2.

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2020 at 3:04 PM, ubonjoe said:

It is still done there.

The paperwork is always the same?

So, 

-Copy of all passport pages 

-Copy of arrival/departure card TM.6

-Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)

- TM.47

15 minutes ago, zhounan said:

The paperwork is always the same?

So, 

-Copy of all passport pages 

-Copy of arrival/departure card TM.6

-Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)

- TM.47

In person? At MTT?

For me I handed over my passport, completed TM47 and current next report date slip. Got my passport and a new next report date slip. No copies required.

• Like 2

My 90 days is due in about 12 days. I was successful last year with the Extranet Immig site. The last one was during the amnesty and my agent did it in the August window. However, I don't want the service from him every 3 months because I have 2 Macs and I am moderately good with IT.

Nothing has changed and I have no new passport or address. I prefer to return to using online, because I am mildly disabled and the trip to MTT will cost 500b return.

This morning I completed the form (now 2 pages)using Chrome and then Safari (Safari was successful last year). I didnt get a pending, just a white box asking me to contact local IO "for more information". 3 times.

I guess I must have been using the standard website , which was fine before. What and where is the APP, if it is a different thing?

Any of the experts...please advise me what is going on. I DONT want to go to MTT in a taxi.

Thx

Eddy

26 minutes ago, pauleddy said:

I DONT want to go to MTT in a taxi.

But you could always go to your local post office with a snail mail report instead if you couldn't get the online system to work for whatever reason!

5 minutes ago, pauleddy said:

Thanks but for some reason it's telling me I cant use the app in the UK. Very odd since the Mac was bought in Bangkok, and I have lived here 17 years. My nationality is Brit and naturally I put it in.

I think that's something to do with your Apple account being UK based, or thinking you are in the UK.  Similar geolocking is seen on Android and it's to do with the users Google account.  It should be possible to change this, but that may cause other issues.

14 minutes ago, pauleddy said:

Thanks but for some reason it's telling me I cant use the app in the UK. Very odd since the Mac was bought in Bangkok, and I have lived here 17 years. My nationality is Brit and naturally I put it in.

I think its telling u to stick with ure agent????