Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

I rang the help number 1111 today 20201222.

Long waiting time and absolutely no help offered on any aspect of 90 day reporting. No information on the online reporting, what the problem was and when it would be fixed.

The poor guy on the help line said he had no authority to do anything. He said all his callers were hostile.

The help line is a waste of time including long waiting times.

Checking status works with my previous passport for past 90 day reports, however it does not work with my current passport.

So the issue appears to be passport related. The system software and behavior may have reverted to a previous state where 90 day online reporting is only invokable if there has been an entry into the country with your current passport. This change has occured in the past 80 days or so because 90 day online reporting worked for me for the previous report.

9 hours ago, bkkexplorer said:

Without going through the thread as it's very long, can someone tell me if it's possible to do the 90 day reporting online if doing it for the 1st time under newly issued O visa.

You first 90 day report must be done in person or the office it is sent to would deny it or reject since they would have no record of you done one before.

If you just got a 90 day entry from a non-o visa application at immigration you should not need to do a report until 90 days after you apply for an extension of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You first 90 day report must be done in person or the office it is sent to would deny it or reject since they would have no record of you done one before.

If you just got a 90 day entry from a non-o visa application at immigration you should not need to do a report until 90 days after you apply for an extension of it.

I have a 1 year visa which was approved early this month and ends December 2021. The 90 day slip in my passport dates end of January 2021 to report myself. So I guess I have no choice but to show up in person as you say.

25 minutes ago, bkkexplorer said:

I have a 1 year visa which was approved early this month and ends December 2021. The 90 day slip in my passport dates end of January 2021 to report myself. So I guess I have no choice but to show up in person as you say.

You apparently got a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa of any kind).

You will have to do your first 90 day report in person or by mail.

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You apparently got a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa of any kind).

You will have to do your first 90 day report in person or by mail.

It's a spouse O visa which gives me one year. Am i correct to say this or is this just an extension of stay?

1 hour ago, bkkexplorer said:

Not sure I'm following, but it sounds like you've been filing 90-day reports, maybe you did one near the end of October, 2020? And that you are on an extension of stay/marriage?

You can try filing on-line around day -15 or -14; have seen many reports of success in this situation. If you can't get past page 1, then consider the mail option ASAP, or keep trying, then file in person if you've been unable to file on-line or by mail.

20 minutes ago, bkkexplorer said:

It's a spouse O visa which gives me one year. Am i correct to say this or is this just an extension of stay?

A Non Imm O VISA only provides you with a 90-day permission to say, after which you can apply for a 1-year EXTENSION of stay based on that original Visa.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Not sure I'm following, but it sounds like you've been filing 90-day reports, maybe you did one near the end of October, 2020? And that you are on an extension of stay/marriage?

You can try filing on-line around day -15 or -14; have seen many reports of success in this situation. If you can't get past page 1, then consider the mail option ASAP, or keep trying, then file in person if you've been unable to file on-line or by mail.

I applied around August for the spouse O visa. I've gone through the 90 application process already, IO approved my application early this month (with 1 year stamp) and I'm due for 90 reporting end of January 2021. This will be my 1st time doing a 90 day report. I just wanted to know if I can mail in or do it online.

8 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

A Non Imm O VISA only provides you with a 90-day permission to say, after which you can apply for a 1-year EXTENSION of stay based on that original Visa.

This was in response to Joe's post as he mentioned it was not a visa but an extension of stay. I'd like to know which it is with more clarification from my end.

After trying to report online for a week, I gave up and went to report in person at Muang Thong Thani. I was not able to gather any reliable information as to why I could not apply online or whether the website is working properly. The wait time was a little over an hour. Good luck to everyone if you are able to report online!

4 minutes ago, pookiki said:

After trying to report online for a week, I gave up and went to report in person at Muang Thong Thani. I was not able to gather any reliable information as to why I could not apply online or whether the website is working properly. The wait time was a little over an hour. Good luck to everyone if you are able to report online!

Hope it didn’t hurt too much!

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

FWIW, you can make an appointment.

http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

I tried to make an appointment but apparently I booked a time in the wrong 'column' and was informed it was for a different location. Anyway...............as for the previous post about 'hurt', I was always under the impression that the Thai government created the online website for 90 day reports for the convenience of expats and to reduce the workload of its immigration officials.  All it takes is some daily TLC to see if the website is working correctly or even to consider improvements to the system to allow the use of the website without the need to leave the country to use it for the 'first' time. I'll see what happens in March of next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bkkexplorer said:

I applied around August for the spouse O visa. I've gone through the 90 application process already, IO approved my application early this month (with 1 year stamp) and I'm due for 90 reporting end of January 2021. This will be my 1st time doing a 90 day report. I just wanted to know if I can mail in or do it online.

Take a look at the later stamp you got in your passport. Should say 'Extension of Stay'. You will find it gets called a Visa a lot though, it can be confusing and something to take care over to avoid confusion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pookiki said:

I tried to make an appointment but apparently I booked a time in the wrong 'column' and was informed it was for a different location. Anyway...............as for the previous post about 'hurt', I was always under the impression that the Thai government created the online website for 90 day reports for the convenience of expats and to reduce the workload of its immigration officials.  All it takes is some daily TLC to see if the website is working correctly or even to consider improvements to the system to allow the use of the website without the need to leave the country to use it for the 'first' time. I'll see what happens in March of next year.

Why not use another option that works every time,why keep on when it’s failing? Mail it, do in person or get an agent to do it, simple.

• Confused 1

90-day online reporting still not working today 20201223.

I suspect its a corrupt ploy to create business for agents and inconvenience foreigners.

There are a number of posters on Thaivisa who appear to be apologists for IB instead of criticizing the IB for unacceptable service and performance, they provide excuses for why IB processes are dysfunctional. Being an apologist doesn't do anybody any favors including the IB.

I further suggest that 90 day reporting is a totally useless requirement because the IB can determine from its computers whether a person has left the country and anybody that hasn't left is evidently staying longer than 90 days. No other country has such a requirement because it unnecessary.

In the future I am going to start reporting by mail whether or not reporting online is working or not. So IB will get 9 pages of documents every 90 days for 36 pages a year. Let them drown in paper and rent more warehouses to store the paper documents.

Edited by Advocate
  • Confused 1

I didn't have a problem since the beginning, something like 10 times now.

There are many happy with it, however many unhappy as well.

It shows that the accuracy is not what it should be.

It would be helpful that the system should tell what exactly is wrong, when not accepting the request.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Why not use another option that works every time,why keep on when it’s failing? Mail it, do in person or get an agent to do it, simple.

Because I have used it since 2016 with no problem until this month.

2 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

I think I've heard that if you change your address, reporting online will not work.  You have to first do one in-person report with the new address, then going forward you can report online.  Is that true?

If you did not visit IO to inform them that you have relocated to a new address, there is no way for them to know that.  So in that case, it should still work to do your 90-day reporting on-line.

When you relocated to a different province, you would however be faced with the problem that any in person applications need to be done at the IO where you are officially registered which might be inconvenient.

21 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

If you did not visit IO to inform them that you have relocated to a new address, there is no way for them to know that.  So in that case, it should still work to do your 90-day reporting on-line.

When you relocated to a different province, you would however be faced with the problem that any in person applications need to be done at the IO where you are officially registered which might be inconvenient.

In my case I have just moved to a new province and so a TM30 will be filed with the new address.   My next 90 day report is due in February (as is my OA retirement extension).  Since the TM30 will put my new address in the system, the question is whether the online 90 day reporting app will reject my next report because it's never seen a 90 day report with that new address. If so, I'll have to file it in person when I go to do my extension but it would be more convenient if I could take care of it online.  That way I could go earlier to do my extension since they allow more lead time for that.

Edited by TerraplaneGuy

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

FWIW, you can make an appointment.

http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

In Bkk, haven't changed my address, haven't left the country and returned. And have enjoyed smooth sailing for online reporting the last 18 months, five reports. But now the sixth is still pending, submitted three days before the due date (lesson learned; submit earlier) and now two days past the due date with close of business today.  

Guess I'll wait till after Friday, and if not approved by then schlep out to MTT Monday (day 7 past the due date) to do it. Am loathe to make an online appointment for it just yet. Who knows what the 'system' might do to a pending submission if you make an online appointment to do it in person. 

10 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

In my case I have just moved to a new province and so a TM30 will be filed with the new address.   My next 90 day report is due in February (as is my OA retirement extension).  Since the TM30 will put my new address in the system, the question is whether the online 90 day reporting app will reject my next report because it's never seen a 90 day report with that new address. If so, I'll have to file it in person when I go to do my extension but it would be more convenient if I could take care of it online.

If IOs databases (in this case the IO TM-30 one and the TM-47 90-day reporting one) would exchange data it would not be needed to do your next 90-day report in person.  Unfortunately they do not (and many IOs also keep manual files or separate systems) so you will have no choice but to do your next 90-day report in person at the IO in your new province.  Doing it together with your 1-year extension application based on your original Non Imm O-A Visa, would save you a double trip if the timing for both allows it.

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Thanks 1