Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

20 hours ago, ozgolfguy said:

I just renewed my retirement extension for another year and ask the IO whether I needed to return on October 9th to do my 90-day report or did the extension reset the 90 day clock. She said that it did not and that I would need to come back in October to do my 90-day report. I have a few questions which I hope someone can assist:

1. I live in Rayong but will be visiting family in another province next month - can I do my 90-day report at an immigration office that is not my "home" office?

2. Alternatively, I can try to do it online but have read that this only works if it's the 2nd 90-day report after my extension was renewed as the 1st 90-day report needs to be done in person - is that the case?

3. I read a number of mixed experiences (success and failures) when it comes to 90-day online reporting - is there a specific combination of browser/OS that does work better than others?

Appreciate the support, thanks.

1) Unlikely

2) If you have been reporting regularly (ie not missed any because of Covid), my experience of reporting to Rayong is that they update the online system and reporting online never fails - barring any nationwide hiatus in the system.

3) I just use Internet Explorer

• Like 2

I have never needed to do a 90 day report before as I travel in and out of the country frequently. With this covid business though, I have been here since mid-March, and I have not done a 90 day report (amnesty). I was required to extend my 12 months Non O (spouse) visa on 5 August (permitted to stay until 5 August 2021). Does anyone know if this means I do not have to do a 90 day report until 5 November or so, or does the amnesty mess around with these dates in some way.

appreciate any advice.

13 minutes ago, grahamjackson said:

Does anyone know if this means I do not have to do a 90 day report until 5 November or so, or does the amnesty mess around with these dates in some way.

Your 90 day report is due 90 days from August 5th. According to my date calculator that will be November 2nd.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your 90 day report is due 90 days from August 5th. According to my date calculator that will be November 2nd.

@grahamjackson > And since you wrote that it would be your VERY FIRST 90-day report, you would have to do that one IN PERSON at your local IO.  The window to do it is within 15 days BEFORE due date < 2 November > and there is a 7 day grace-period to do it AFTER 2 November on. Once you have done the first 90-day report in person at your local IO, you will be able to make use of the 90-day on-line website to file your next reports.

Thanks for the responses, most appreciated. I'm still a little unclear on whether I can do my next 90-day reporting online or not. I did my last 90-day at the IO in July and my next one is due in October. In the meantime, I renewed my retirement extension the first week of September. Does the restriction of doing the 1st 90-day report at the IO only apply to the very first time or does it apply to the 1st time each extension renewal period (each year)?

What are the before and after deadline dates in terms of online reporting? is it the same as reporting in person (15 days/7 days)?

Thanks again

15 minutes ago, ozgolfguy said:

Thanks for the responses, most appreciated. I'm still a little unclear on whether I can do my next 90-day reporting online or not. I did my last 90-day at the IO in July and my next one is due in October. In the meantime, I renewed my retirement extension the first week of September. Does the restriction of doing the 1st 90-day report at the IO only apply to the very first time or does it apply to the 1st time each extension renewal period (each year)?

What are the before and after deadline dates in terms of online reporting? is it the same as reporting in person (15 days/7 days)?

Yes, you will be able to do your next 90-day report on-line.

It is only the very first time you do your 90-day report that it has to be done in person at your local IO (because your IO will compare the data you upload on-line with the physical file they made from your 90-day notification in person).

Some IOs will re-set your 90-day reporting time-line when renewing your 1-year extension of stay, in that case they will provide you with a paper (often stapled in your passport) that will show the next 90-day reporting due date (which will be exactly 90-days after your extension renewal). 

But if your IO does not follow that practice, your 90-day reporting due date will stay as it was (in your case first week of October).

12 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes, you will be able to do your next 90-day report on-line.

It is only the very first time you do your 90-day report that it has to be done in person at your local IO (because your IO will compare the data you upload on-line with the physical file they made from your 90-day notification in person).

Some IOs will re-set your 90-day reporting time-line when renewing your 1-year extension of stay, in that case they will provide you with a paper (often stapled in your passport) that will show the next 90-day reporting due date (which will be exactly 90-days after your extension renewal). 

But if your IO does not follow that practice, your 90-day reporting due date will stay as it was (in your case first week of October).

Thanks again, that's most helpful. Are the specific dates before and after the deadline when the online report can be submitted?

14 hours ago, ozgolfguy said:

Does the restriction of doing the 1st 90-day report at the IO only apply to the very first time or does it apply to the 1st time each extension renewal period (each year)?

Renewing the retirement extension should have no effect.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is 15 days before up to the day your report is due.

That seems to have changed, at least for the IM office I'm using which is Samutprakarn. They now require the online report to be done AT LEAST 20 days before and EARLIEST 30 days before the actual 90 days.

Note that this is first hand info sourced from the above IM office today. I asked this especially since I was unable to submit the report online starting 15 days before.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Khun Yaaai said:

That seems to have changed, at least for the IM office I'm using which is Samutprakarn. They now require the online report to be done AT LEAST 20 days before and EARLIEST 30 days before the actual 90 days.

Note that this is first hand info sourced from the above IM office today. I asked this especially since I was unable to submit the report online starting 15 days before.

Thai 15 days or regular 15 days?  It needs to be Thai, which is 14 days before your due date.  eg due date 24th September, the earliest you can apply is 10th September (tomorrow).

33 minutes ago, treetops said:

Thai 15 days or regular 15 days?  It needs to be Thai, which is 14 days before your due date.  eg due date 24th September, the earliest you can apply is 10th September (tomorrow).

I was told 20 calendar days before latest. I.e. if due date for report is on the 30th then last date would be 10th to submit.
Weird I know, but that's what not one but two of them told me, and doesn't make sense since their workload is likely reduced with less foreigners to handle. But nothing surprises me any more tbh.

21 minutes ago, Khun Yaaai said:

I was told 20 calendar days before latest. I.e. if due date for report is on the 30th then last date would be 10th to submit.
Weird I know, but that's what not one but two of them told me, and doesn't make sense since their workload is likely reduced with less foreigners to handle. But nothing surprises me any more tbh.

I don't doubt that your local IO said this to you, but it is obviously incorrect.  There have been no announcements by Immigration that the submission windows for doing your 90-day reports have changed.

2 hours ago, Khun Yaaai said:

So your reporting is now every 70 days. 

I wonder if any of the other " make diffrerent rules up as we go along " offices will follow suit ?

Edited by NE1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

So your reporting is now every 70 days. 

I wonder if any of the other " make diffrerent rules up as we go along " offices will follow suit ?

Yeah, I will just hire an agent to do it for me in order to distance myself from this craziness. Which could actually be the purpose of this mindf**k to begin with.

17 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

I don't doubt that your local IO said this to you, but it is obviously incorrect.  There have been no announcements by Immigration that the submission windows for doing your 90-day reports have changed.

Last I heard the 7 days minimum prior to due for online, had been reduced to 0, and the 15 days prior remained. This is reflected on their website......

To now hear some offices are asking for 20 days demonstrates the obtuse and disjointed behaviour of these offices.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2020 at 1:30 PM, Khun Yaaai said:

the first page of the online checkin procedure says, and I quote "• Applicants can submit this online application within 15 days until the due date of notiification"  this applies to anyone checking in online. There  are no seperate rules for each I/O with regards to ckeckin dates, its the same for everybody.

• Like 1

My application for extension of stay was recently approved.  As I was leaving the immigration office I asked one of the assistants (not an immigration officer) if I could do my first 90 day report online.  She said "yes", but I have my doubts after what I've read on Thai Visa. 

Have the rules changed or must I still do my first 90 day report at the immigration office?

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, up-country_sinclair said:

My application for extension of stay was recently approved.  As I was leaving the immigration office I asked one of the assistants (not an immigration officer) if I could do my first 90 day report online.  She said "yes", but I have my doubts after what I've read on Thai Visa. 

Have the rules changed or must I still do my first 90 day report at the immigration office?

Thanks!

Some IOs will automatically do your 90-day report when applying for the 1-year extension of stay.  If your local IO did so they will have provided you with a paper containing the due date of your next 90-day report.  In that case you would be able to do your next 90-day report on-line.

If they did not provide you with such paper (often stapled in your passport) you would have to do your first 90-day in person at your local IO, after which you would then be able to do the next one on-line.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Some IOs will automatically do your 90-day report when applying for the 1-year extension of stay.  If your local IO did so they will have provided you with a paper containing the due date of your next 90-day report.  In that case you would be able to do your next 90-day report on-line.

Thanks very much for your reply.

There is indeed a paper stapled inside my passport which states the due date for my next 90 day report.  I assumed this day in November would be the due date of the first report, but based on your post, it seems the first report was done by the IO when I originally applied for the extension.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Can you do the 90 days online reporting at the actual reporting date (90th day) or does it still have to be submitted on day 76-83?

On-line 90-day reporting can now be done between 15 days before and actual due date.

See attached graphic.

90-day on-line reporting window.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Can you do the 90 days online reporting at the actual reporting date (90th day) or does it still have to be submitted on day 76-83?

Does it matter? It takes 10 minutes maximum (that's if you do not have the data stored). I usually report on-line 7 - 10 days before the due date. Then if the IOs are busy there will be no question of a delayed acceptance being after the due date. (I had that in the early days of postal reporting and panicked!).

On 9/21/2020 at 1:40 PM, Peter Denis said:

On-line 90-day reporting can now be done between 15 days before and actual due date.

See attached graphic.

My apologies if this has already been answered, but 378 pages of posts on this subject! My question is has anyone successfully experienced online application in the recently changed last 7 days window ie days 21-27 in new rules and got APPROVED? I ask because even today the immigration has two sets on rules on its web page, one as shown in Peter Denis post above and another in the downloaded PDF help file found on the same web page (picture below top image).

OnlineWindowTM47.jpg.7c77da00e8478e9cd2cdc8087a5a0c71.jpg

• Like 1