Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

On 10/16/2020 at 6:49 PM, thailand49 said:

What is wrong here?

Which office? Do you know if they process online 90 day reports? Some don't, or so I've read here.

Sometimes, a REJECTED report has some detail in the Approve's Remark (ADMIN) ( field, scroll down to view that field. I had one online report rejected, and the remarks field said something like "complete full name". I refiled, adding my middle name (Never had to do that in quite a few OL reports), and it was approved.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

On 10/18/2020 at 9:32 PM, mtls2005 said:

Which office? Do you know if they process online 90 day reports? Some don't, or so I've read here.

Sometimes, a REJECTED report has some detail in the Approve's Remark (ADMIN) ( field, scroll down to view that field. I had one online report rejected, and the remarks field said something like "complete full name". I refiled, adding my middle name (Never had to do that in quite a few OL reports), and it was approved.

Everything is filled out completely I printed it out show it to them, Jomtien office when I try to get an answer he looks up and just smiles. 

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I just had at OMG experience when trying to do my report due in 2 weeks. 

I went on the site and now have approved report for the first time ever. Always got the popup message before due to an old entry and a new passport,

I was so shocked that I didn't know what to do at first. Completed page 2, did submit and got instant approval. Saved both the pending and the new report receipt that I will print out later to put in my passport.

Edit: My thoughts about the instant approval is that it is something that the local immigration office can select. It seems some people are not getting the instant approval.

The number under the barcode on the receipt makes me think it is automatic. Normally it just has my nationality and passport number on it. The one today shows this. image.png.8a6aca8d3eed92b82651b10ae5a3544f.pngThe auto is new.

I think you are right about "instant approval" being an option that individual offices can select. Buriram IO has being doing this for some time. My last 2-3 reports have all been instant approval and the approved report shows "auto".

• Like 1

I tried to do mine online earlier this month, and the pop up "Connect your local IO" came up,

so I just posted it in, but the next day I thought I would try it online again,as it had worked

3 months previously.

That's when I found out I had not entered my passport number correctly,sometimes when i type

the first letter/number does not appear, and that's what had happened,the first number was missing,

so i entered the details and was approved same day, the reply from the letter arrived 2 days later.

So anyone who gets the pop up just check all details are correct, before giving up.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, up-country_sinclair said:

How long does it usually take for an application status to go from "pending" to approved or denied?

For approval after pending it can be a few seconds to a week dependent upon the office you report to.

For denial it could be the same day or up to a week.

• Thanks 1

2 questions do all immigration offices do 90 day online reporting,? don't like going to Sukhothai office the guy who has been put there I can't get on with at all. 

2nd question doing the 2 months money in bank for marriage does it have to be like the 1st of April to 1st of June, or can it be just number of days say 62 days.? 

Edited by Kwasaki

20 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

2 questions do all immigration offices do 90 day online reporting,? don't like going to Sukhothai office the guy who has been put there I can't get on with at all.

At the time I think all offices are accepting 90 day reports online. In the past there were a few offices refusing to process them.

20 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

2nd question doing the 2 months money in bank for marriage does it have to be like the 1st of April to 1st of June, or can it be just number of days say 62 days.? 

The rules state 2 months on the day you apply for the extension. 

37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The rules state 2 months on the day you apply for the extension. 

Thanks 

What I am asking is July 21sr is my last day, so does that mean I have to do from 1st of May until the end of June,  if you get my drift.  

44 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

What I am asking is July 21sr is my last day, so does that mean I have to do from 1st of May until the end of June,  if you get my drift.

The latest you could of put the money in the bank is May 21st to apply on July 21st.

In days that would be 61 days.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The latest you could of put the money in the bank is May 21st to apply on July 21st.

In days that would be 61 days.

OK thanks that's what I thought but in Thailand I thought immigration would move the goal posts just to be awkward. 

Good to have someone like you here on TV thanks. 

On 10/20/2020 at 10:13 AM, ubonjoe said:

I just had at OMG experience when trying to do my report due in 2 weeks. 

I went on the site and now have approved report for the first time ever. Always got the popup message before due to an old entry and a new passport,

I was so shocked that I didn't know what to do at first. Completed page 2, did submit and got instant approval. Saved both the pending and the new report receipt that I will print out later to put in my passport.

Edit: My thoughts about the instant approval is that it is something that the local immigration office can select. It seems some people are not getting the instant approval.

The number under the barcode on the receipt makes me think it is automatic. Normally it just has my nationality and passport number on it. The one today shows this. image.png.8a6aca8d3eed92b82651b10ae5a3544f.pngThe auto is new.

Me too! The last time I tried was about a year ago when I found the last bit of information that I thought would make it work - the flight number. It was written next to the arrival stamp in my original passport. I think it was ubonjoe who told me where to look for it when I said that I couldn't remember it. So I found it in my old passport but the report was still rejected probably because the arrival date of 2002 was too old.

But even this time, the arrival date went back only to 2010, so I edited the date to 2002 and it worked - I got the approval the following day. Truly amazing. Well done Immigration!

Old chestnut sorry.

My 90 day 0N LINE [normally, if I can} is due 23 November.. What is the timing stuff now? Does my online window CLOSE 1 week before and not open at all after 23rd? I ask only because I think it changed 3 months ago and now you can do 90 day until the day before, on line,

Eddy

34 minutes ago, pauleddy said:

My 90 day 0N LINE [normally, if I can} is due 23 November.. What is the timing stuff now? Does my online window CLOSE 1 week before and not open at all after 23rd? I ask only because I think it changed 3 months ago and now you can do 90 day until the day before, on line,

My report was due on 3rd November and I did it last night (27th Oct) and got the approval today.

11 hours ago, pauleddy said:

Old chestnut sorry.

Eddy

It is 15 days before up to the report date now. After the 23rd of November you would have to in in person within 7 days.

• Like 2

On 10/20/2020 at 9:07 PM, Mutt Daeng said:

I think you are right about "instant approval" being an option that individual offices can select. Buriram IO has being doing this for some time. My last 2-3 reports have all been instant approval and the approved report shows "auto".

Unlike myself in Surin, just up the road. Submitted today c. 10:30; approved c. 16:30. Not that it is any problem whatsoever - my report was due 11:11:2020.

Looks like they give you 90 days from when you report. So you lose days if you report early.

So if you want to do fewer reports, leave it until the last day.

(But typing stuff into a computer is no big deal anyway.)

5 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Looks like they give you 90 days from when you report. So you lose days if you report early.

I don't understand how one 'loses days'..... what are we tallking here, after 3 years one has to report an extra single time?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I don't understand how one 'loses days'..... what are we tallking here, after 3 years one has to report an extra single time?

When your on-line report application is accepted the next time that you are required to report by is 90 days after the date of acceptance. Therefore if you report 15 days early you're actually reporting every 75 days.

However, as @JetsetBkkstates, typing details into a computer is no big deal; in fact some browsers store the majority of the information which makes it even less of a chore.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Unless the site happens to be down on the "last day" (which is not unheard of) in which case you will need to report in person.

• Like 2

Has anyone ever had problems with the online system and then got it fixed? It used to work for me in the past, smooth as silk, but for the past year I get the "For further information..." panel after the first page.

I suspect after I came back from a trip last Christmas, the immigration guy at the airport tapped in some incorrect data into the system. So last time I went to MTT I politely asked the IO three times to check my details on the system to see if it was all correct. He either wouldn't, or couldn't, or didn't understand what I was asking, so predictably it's still not working.

To save time and trouble, I'm not asking for ad hoc suggestions - I've followed all the speculative advice to no avail.  I am filling the form in correctly. I have tried several different browsers and different computers. No dice. And I think the suggestion to just keep trying is bad advice - IMO, if it doesn't work after doing everything correctly, THEN IT WILL NEVER WORK.

I'm specifically asking here if anyone has managed to get it fixed (and how) after experiencing the recurring "For further information..." problem. Is there any hope at all?

18 hours ago, Mr Derek said:

I'm specifically asking here if anyone has managed to get it fixed (and how) after experiencing the recurring "For further information..." problem. Is there any hope at all?

While I haven't read every single post I have read a lot, here and on FB forums, and I do not recall anyone mentioning a fix. (There has been a post or two where someone mentions that an IO did something, but no real detail or follow-up).

I'm in a similar situation.

I do not believe an IO at arriving Immigration can "tap in incorrect information" - they use the MRZ scanning option. 

Perhaps a recent in-person report (after an extension of stay renewal) will "fix" our "record", but not holding out much hope. 

It seems like they broke something - again based on the number of people having issues now - when they were fixing something else (new passport issue? no recent re-entry?).

I sent an email to the mobile app developer - only contact I could find - highlighting the issue (it happens with the mobile app too), but have not had a response.

After all that, I look forward to responses to your question. At least ones that do not involve an amulet, animal sacrifice or "my wife's brother-in-laws cousin who is a senior immigration official".

Edited by mtls2005

9 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I do not believe an IO at arriving Immigration can "tap in incorrect information" - they use the MRZ scanning option. 

Perhaps a recent in-person report (after an extension of stay renewal) will "fix" our "record", but not holding out much hope.

I've done two in-person reports since, and that didn't fix it.

There is usually a flurry of tapping at airport immigration but I don't know what they are inputting - I assume the flight no. and the Re-entry permit no. etc. If they put in the wrong flight number, for example, then I'm thinking the mismatch might screw up my online reporting. Just guessing, as I can't imagine what else it could be. Nothing else has changed. I have the same old passport and same address for years...

Anyway this time I did it by post. Fortunately I tried the online system on the 15th day so I could still mail it in within the deadline. However, I really don't want to fanny about with all those photocopies every time. I would actually pay to get the online system fixed.

• Like 1

I did my online report to BKK CW yesterday, and ran into a couple of issues that I was, fortunately, able to resolve.

1. the 90-day reporting website wouldn't even load when I was connected to my regular US VPN IP (which was working just fine for all other purposes)... but as soon as I changed to my Thai ISP IP, the same website loaded just fine.

2. using Firefox browser on my PC, I twice had an issue where after entering in all my basic info on the first screen, entering in the Captcha number and then clicking to proceed to the next screen, the website simply returned an entirely blank webpage.

I got that the first time, so I then backed out, and re-entered the site, re-entered all my info on the first screen, and then clicked to proceed to the 2nd page screen, and then again got the same blank webpage. The second time, not knowing what else to do, I tried reloading the 2nd screen blank page, and that time, doing so produced the correct second screen where I could enter in my visa category and the other stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I tried reloading the 2nd screen blank page, and that time, doing so produced the correct second screen

This re-load option has been mentioned - I only saw it recently AFTER I did an in-person report - as a work-around.

Thanks for this detail, suspect it will potentially help many people.

Have to help a neighbor file this morning, will use it if needed and follow up here.

• Like 1