Driving licence extention 2 years

xoxman

Never heard of it so, presuming the expiration date is March of 2017 (that part isn't shown), consider yourself lucky. (Up to you but next time maybe do a better job of concealing the personal information and re-sizing the photo a bit smaller?)

Its up to your birthday.. Hence you do it before your Birthday you get the year..

After you get year plus x months..

With my 5 years I was always careful to get almost 6..

The change is it used to be you did the 1 year then got the 5 year, but now they are renewing more 1 years with 1 years due to visa classes, before they didnt seem to care, I got my first 5 year on either a short stay visa or even 30 day stamp.

Its up to your birthday.. Hence you do it before your Birthday you get the year..

After you get year plus x months..

not what happened, I got a solid 2 years March 2015 to March 2017. My birthday is not March, far from it. Edited by dickyknee

• 3 weeks later...

Just received my first Thai driving licence yesterday at Phu Khieo DLT office in Chaiyaphum province and was given exactly 2 years validity and not the 1 year I was expecting. Maybe there is a new policy being implemented without being broadcast?

Seems strange.... Thai's doing themselves outta money.. ?? Tourist visa = 1 year.. But TiT

Have you seen the queue for people doing the renewal, and the overtime the staff are putting in to process them?

It is actually almost logical... If that's the strange part.

Btw, some of us have a 5 year tourist visa...