90 day reporting now available at all 7-Eleven outlets in Thailand

For a news organization I find this post reprehensible.

I realize that it’s April 1st , (april fools day) but Jonathan Fairfield (author) should be banned from posting articles. How many other posted articles should we not believe?

This reminds me of your past “jokes” played over the years. Like the one about changing sides of the road for drivers, and your visa article of a few years ago. (can't remember the jist of it.)

Thai visa. SHAME ON YOU!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I just read on the immigration site that the 90 day receipt will have a special color stamp on it which will allow forang to buy beer at any time of the day or night.

wow, they are taking this tourist stuff seriously.

alt=clap2.gif>

....but you can buy beer any time now!

I so enjoyed reading the funny responses - makes a change from the moaning, groaning, whining lot you normally attract on tv!

As I'm gay (I await the snide remarks from the usual nut cases on here!) if a young man serves me will HE keep the other 2 or 3 photos of me and make a note of my phone number on the back? Tee hee!!

Hey! Chill out man. Nothing wrong with being gay! Any snide remarks would be flagged by most members here. I've also enjoyed the funny responses, and it was a good one. What they should have done was run 3 in parallel to totally confuse people as to which one was the April fools - but that in fact all 3 were; that would have been really cool!

I did mine last week on the due date and asked when the on line facility would be available. I was told today and that it would only be by means of Internet Explorer where we would need to register. Tried this morning, without success! TIT!

I think it's a terrible idea. I complained to the manager that the 7-11 stamps would fill up my passport pages too quickly. The manager was very apologetic, and as compensation said I could adopt a child as an opening day promotion.

Have to say though that they managed to register my SIM at the same time which was an unexpected bonus. Three cheers for innovation.

[Edit: I didn't see the SIM card post above while I was typing. I must be getting slow.]

Edited by Shiver
  • Like 1

Seems like if you are close to an immigration office that is still your best option for now. I did my 90 day yesterday at Jomtien Immigration and it only took about 5 minutes once I got my queue number. Plus, I only had to bring my passport, not 4 photos and a filled out form.

Yes you can do many things @7/11.

90 day report i do not think so. You go to immigration for your annual renewal, and they say you never report.

I do it @7/11 where is your receipt, sorry they not give receipt. You have to pay now .

Not a good idea for farangs , to many things to go wrong. You are reliant on a cashier who is not interested in doing things to help you

At first I remembered the date, but it has been said before that this may happen. Maybe the OP meant it to be a April fool.

All the remarks confirm what we all know; to many foreigners leave their brains in a safety deposit box at Suvarnabhumi on arrival and throw away the key!

Edited by changH
  • Like 1

Why not...you can do everything else at 7-Eleven.

The report omitted that you can now buy cheap beer & Mama noodles at immigrations as a sort of quid pro quo. But I'm pretty sure both deals will only be available to Thai Visa Newbies.

I pity the 7-Eleven counter staff for the next few days.

Oh that was in operation at Nong Khai immigration years ago, you could also buy watches, wallets, handbags, and various food items. Visas were a bit difficult though, lots of hoops to jump through.

Have the various "thrilled" posters not checked the date today. It's April Fools' Day, folks!! 90-day reporting at locations within Thailand may come about eventually (and I sure hope they do, for I do not enjoy the visa run at all!!), but you can rest assured that the 7-11 outlets will not be included!!!