Closing bank account and Truemove phone service from US

I entered Thailand in June 2014 on a retirement visa. Opened a bank account with atm card at Bangkok Bank. I also signed up for TruMove monthly cellular service which is deducted automatically monthly from my account.

In December of 2014 I returned to the US for some surgery and have decided to stay in the US for awhile to recoup. In the meantime I would like to close my bank account at Bangkok Bank (which they say they cannot do unless in person) and I need to maintain a balance of 2000baht. I also wanted to end the automatic withdrawal for TruMove since I am not using their service overseas. (Again, they say I must close it in person or have a designated friend do so with my passport etc.) Otherwise they will continue to deduct it on a monthly basis.

So the dilema is... If I just leave it alone, with the 2000B eventually be deducted to nothing? Does that end my service with TruMove as well as my bank accout?

If not, am I legally responsible?

What else can I do?

Steve

assume you have internet banking?

Withdraw all money, the invoice of True will be sent back, the carrier will cancel your phone number and your bank will close your account after some months, normally 1 year.

when you decide to come back, either open new accounts at different banks and have a contract with somebody else than True or go to your bank and re-open the account. I just reopened my SCB account after almost 2y of "emptyness" and inactivity without any hassle (but did not have any automatic deductions like you).

Yes, your account balance will go down to zero if you don't stop the monthly deduction.

You might be able to do some sort of power of attorney and have a friend in Thailand close the accounts, both BKK Bank and True.

Edited by mesquite

The number of a monthly paid true number is not realy chanceled because it's not prepaid I try this one time out what happen when I not pay the monthly bill still was possible receive calls but no active calls!

And then I go to next shop of true after come back and paided open bill number was reopened, Iam not sure what realy happen when you realy not pay of a mobile package you subscribe before with your own signature!

You have the possibility , to send a fax to true that you want chancel!

The signature on it is enough!

And this can be also done from the us , or any other place in the world!