Do you wear socks with your sandals?

Only times I lace up shoes is when I lace up cleats to play ball a couple of times a week or when formal wear needed - almost never....But I have noticed that after all the years of wearing dress shoes for work my feet are hurting more without shoes/socks......after wearing the cleats my feet and legs feel better.....so - no I do not wear socks with my sandals as it looks stupid and never would in public - but in practical application I've wondered if it would be beneficial at home....in the interim have been wearing slip ons indoors and it does seem to make a difference......

Costas - you'll be in Pattaya soon and whatever foot wise makes you happy will be available in wide variety......these feet were made for _____________ apologies to Nancy Sinatra.....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 2

It is great not to have to wear socks in Thailand.....But I do only if necessary on a chilly Winter Esaan evening. At this time of year I always carry socks in my bag in case I need them. No more (smelly) sweaty feet or socks; No more athletes foot: No more fungal toenail infection, which has cleared up after ineffective treatment on and off for 20 years!!!

• Like 2

Especially in Thailand where you have to take your sandals off when you go to a house.

Also my feet don't pick up all the dirt of the road.

"Also my feet don't pick up all the dirt of the road."

No, but your socks do, plus they would get sodden during the rains or if you trek though sewers in your wanderings. Bare feet (in sandals) can be wiped or rinsed off in a worst case scenario before entering the house. Socks would just smear it around or release the encapsulated odor of your feet and the sheep who sacrificed it's coat to make your Argyles ... no matter how trendy the salesman told you that you'd look.

I believe the decent thing to do would have been to seek permission before you posted my Facebook profile pic in the forum.

Mods can you intervene here please.

• Like 1

Now this is a really interesting topic. Costa has surpassed himself this time with this banal enquiry. Still it earns him another number to his posting tally.

• Like 1