Thai man spit in my face, banned from walking my dog.

pattaya_girl

For the last 12 Years I have been walking my small dog close to my House ( on a lead )

At night time just after it goes dark.

The Soi I live on has Houses down one side, but just a long wall at the other side, along

The wall side is always covered in rubbish and leaves from trees.

There are several Soi Dogs that live and sleep in the Soi, but never had any problems

With them as we are use to each other now.

I always take a carrier bag with me to scoop up any Poo that my dog might do.

This last few Years I have got the impression from one of the Thai men living about 10 houses

Away from me, that he is not very happy with me walking my dog past his house, he lives there alone, and I have on several occasions seen him stood watching me, and then growling in a rage of anger to himself very loud, but I never knew what his problem was, kept my head down and carried on walking.

Last night this man came out to me, shouting very foul language and accused me of letting

My dog foul the area ( next to his house ) He spat in my face and told me that he did not want

To see me around there again. I showed him my "poo bag" and he said that poo or urine does

Not make any difference, and that he did not want to see me walking my dog past his house again.

We do not own the Soi, we only own our houses to our gates.

Is he allowed to go around spitting in peoples faces and banning me from walking

My dog,,, when anyone can clearly see that the dirty soi dogs are causing the problem

Not my small dog.

Right or wrong, no one should spit in a person,s face. I always pray no one does this act to me, i will go jail before backing down to this vile act. He must be the lowest of the low to do this. Do you know any thais who you could get them to have a word/ warn him of his actions.Might cost you nung pan

• Like 2

I am going to the Police later this Morning, I am scared and deeply upset about this. I have

lived here a long long time and know everyone around here, everyone is so so nice to me,

its just this Man.

Thanks for replies everyone.

• Like 2

I am going to the Police later this Morning, I am scared and deeply upset about this. I have

lived here a long long time and know everyone around here, everyone is so so nice to me,

its just this Man.

Thanks for replies everyone.

Good idea to at least report this disgusting man, maybe take a neighbour who you have known for many years.

btw

Do you live near soi yume,side of big c extra

• Like 2

over the years have had a couple of youngish punks spit on the ground in front of me as I was about to walk by but never in my face. guess my reputation preceeds me lol..

forget about the ignorant old man - and think to yourself when you see him "it must suck to be you"

• Like 1

I use to have a small Green Car about 5 Years ago, but do not drive anymore, it's too dangerous around here,

and takes too long time to get around.

It's a small World if we have spoken, and thanks for your advise.

I want to report this matter to the Police, then they know about it, in case it escalates

further, I feel that this is not the end of the problem, the man was in a total Rage, like

King Kong, and I will not be banned from walking my Dog, on a lead, not doing anything wrong and minding my own business.

over the years have had a couple of youngish punks spit on the ground in front of me as I was about to walk by but never in my face. guess my reputation preceeds me lol..

forget about the ignorant old man - and think to yourself when you see him "it must suck to be you"

The Man was extremely close to punching me in my face, he came up very close 3 times, I wanted to report

it to the Police, in case next time, he loses his temper and does actually hit me,,, he said he did NOT want to see me walk past again..... as for myself, i will be carrying on as normal.

The Man was extremely close to punching me in my face, he came up very close 3 times, I wanted to report

it to the Police, in case next time, he loses his temper and does actually hit me,,, he said he did NOT want to see me walk past again..... as for myself, i will be carrying on as normal.

That is a threat so be careful.Do you have pepper spray or an alarm that is ear deafening???? YES, GREEN CAR NOT YELLOW LOL.

Did you have a thai bf who was into muay Thai??? or am i thinking of someone else

Edited by Bernard Flint
  • Like 1

Here in the rural village the following would apply:

If I wanted to clear the situation, I would not report to the police at first hand, but contact the village headman and complain to him,

(having my wife with me)

Might be that this man is already known as a lowlife/trouble maker.

No idea whether this makes sense in your area or in your situation.

This Man has lived in this Soi since before I moved here 14 Years ago, he looks like a tramp,

and his house is an absolute disgrace. We do not live in a Village so there is no one to report

this incident to. I feel like the Dog is not the problem here, as there are lots of Dogs eating and

sleeping close to his home.

• Like 1

If I wanted to clear the situation, I would not report to the police at first hand, but contact the village headman and complain to him,

(having my wife with me)

Doesnt work like that in Pattaya, but maybe a couple of motorbike taxi drivers could help lolo. nudge nudge

• Like 1

You should absolutely file a report at the police station. Do not be discouraged but be persistent! Spitting is regarded as an assault, verbal abuse is also a form of aggression. These factors plus the fact he wanted to grab your dog, definitely warrant for a report. Be very careful of leaving your dog alone in the yard or anywhere. These sub-species are prone to leaving poisoned treats or meat around to kill your dog. A report will also establish a history of events and evidence in case things escalate. Remain calm and polite but firm, and preferably bring someone who can speak Thai eloquently and get the point across. Good luck!

Edited by pluto_manibo
  • Like 1

(having my wife with me)

This Man has lived in this Soi since before I moved here 14 Years ago, he looks like a tramp,

and his house is an absolute disgrace. We do not live in a Village so there is no one to report

this incident to. I feel like the Dog is not the problem here, as there are lots of Dogs eating and

sleeping close to his home.

This is probably the problem. You're sadly bearing the brunt.

We've got mad neighbours with mad dogs either side of us that never stop barking day or night. They don't walk the dogs just keep them to make noise. The women in both houses could do with seeing a shrink. I've begun to hate dogs and I love animals.

Thankfully 2 more months and the new house should be finished (14 months late already) and back to liking all animals again.

(having my wife with me)

Doesnt work like that in Pattaya, but maybe a couple of motorbike taxi drivers could help lolo. nudge nudge

Oops, did pay attention that it is in the Pattaya section.

Too many troublemakers there anyway whistling.gif

Yes go to the police and bring a Thai neighbor that can confirm that your dog is in a leach.

Perhaps if the police are not interested offer a small award.

Best if the police and the bad Thai man and yourself can sit down and have a talk.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your replies..

This guy placed some green shrubs on the concrete near the wall about 3 years ago,

which is not allowed, over the 3 years, they have grown and attracting all the Soi Dogs to use it as a Toilet. Unfortunately, my little Pug and myself have got all the blame, anyway, this morning, he has just ripped them all up, either worried because City Hall's rules are we have to keep the Soi clear,,, or I hope he realizes that my dog is not the problem here,, the problem is the Soi Dogs and he will never ever stop it.

Nevertheless, a report will be filed at Soi 9 today for the Spitting in my Face.

• Like 1

Good luck p_girl, I hope this ends the whole affair.

When we relocated to a dark side village about 3 years ago, one nasty, elderly European made an arse of himself by coming down to our front gate and being very rude to my wife. She was understandably upset since she had only been there a couple of weeks and I was away at work. His main complaint was our dogs barking and the other complaint was dogs soiling the street. Another one. a "babushka" near neighbor also chimed in a few days later about our dogs getting inside her yard and fouling the place. My wife secured the gate so that our small dogs couldn't possibly get out but both neighbors still talked loudly and rudely to anyone who would listen about the new neighbors 'from the country' and their bad habits and terrible dogs.

Eventually, when I got home, I could see this was upsetting my wife but after only a couple of my usual early rises, I caught the old Europeans own rat-like little tyke fouling in our yard... and then watched him do the rounds of the other cantankerous neighbors yard. A few days later, a well aimed football boot ended the dogs adventures in our garden and whenever I saw it out on the street, it got pelted with whatever came to hand. It would run like the clappers and dive into whichever yard was nearest whenever is got wind of me. The dog mysteriously disappeared a few months later so either it died, the grumpy old bugger sold it or he finally secured his own yard properly. I only really had ongoing words with 'babushka' who still has 8" gaps either side of her closed gate... that she always leaves partially open when she's 'expecting people' anyway. I mean, why bother? I told her she can probably expect more than just my dogs if she doesn't start being neighborly and securing her property.

• Like 2

I'd certainly try and stick to official legal channels to get the problem solved. Sure, you could pay some motorbike taxi guys to have a "chat" with him but then there's always the chance in this Land of Vendettas that violence begets more violence, and you'd likely be on the receiving end the next time. You presumably can't afford to have a bodyguard with you every time you take a walk. So yes, report it to the police would be my advice. If they don't seem interested then perhaps you could see one of the local farang-friendly lawyers and ask if they could persuade the cops to show more concern. I'm sure if a farang spat on a Thai woman and she went to the police there'd be all sorts of consequences. It'll cost some money, of course, but it sounds like you really need/want to get the problem solved so it should be worth it.

Pg...I usualy read an entire thread before posting....dindnt do that here.....WATCH YOU DOG IN YOUR YARD....Poison could be this psychos retalliation......walk in another way or take your dog in a car....or walk up the middle of the street........you ha e been legaly asaulted so make a report....claim he said he would poison your dog.......make sure he knows you fear for your life as this is a crime in Thailand. Good luck.