Customs paperwork for shipping to Europe ?

I'm shipping a fellow Head-Fier some portable electronics he's agreed to buy from me - total of 300 USD (I dont want to accept Euros) - and I have no idea what kind of paperwork I need to include in the package in the event that EU customs want to levy VAT or whatever on it. It's all used gear and will be packaged in nothing more exotic than bubblewrap - not sure that makes a difference. Appreciate any advice I can get on this - I get the impression that many here simply send clothes or whatever home without filling in any doco ?

Thanks,

MrWW

Sending a parcel overseas is not the problem,

at the other end they might want to tax it, or

want to know it complies with EU standards,

my tip is always keep receipts and boxes and/or

keep items in boxes with receipt, in your case

you could prove the day you purchased the item

therefore either pay no tax or little tax

Just an invoice, bill of sale or document stating and agreement to sell. Your Friend who is buying may need to appoint a Customs Agent to prepare and entry for lodgement with Customs for release. Duty and VAT may be payable. Certain restricted goods may need an Import Licence. Get it properly packed.

its a small package, you don't even need an invoice you can just mark it as a gift with low value to help the buyer out. If customs do open the package and see that there is an invoice, they are more likely to charge the buyer tax on it if there taxes to be charged.

its a small package, you don't even need an invoice you can just mark it as a gift with low value to help the buyer out. If customs do open the package and see that there is an invoice, they are more likely to charge the buyer tax on it if there taxes to be charged.

Only one of my buyers asked for me to understate the price he paid for the item and even then it was only by 100 AUD on a 1000 AUD order to ensure he didnt pay GST. The 'Gift' choice is there on the form but I'm guessing they aren't complete idiots at Customs - god knows Thai Customs make arbitrary calls on everything that comes into the country and I'd prefer to be straight up with them and avoid delays or the customs value being assessed in whatever manner the guy who picks the parcel off the conveyor belt decides is appropriate.

On the forms thing, the Thai Post staff do indeed have the forms you need - there is a consignment note for EMS Air and a slightly larger version of same for their priority service - I just want with the standard air delivery. Slipped the Proforma invoices that I stole from the DHL site into the boxes, had each of my packages double-boxed by the crack team across the road, filled out the consignment notes, and it was off to the counter. Just make sure you use a ballpoint pen and put sufficient pressure on the pen to ensure all the copies beneath the original contain the same info. The Customs form is the last of the copies - the counter staff will hand you a copy with the docket containing the EMS tracking ID.

For those who are interested in what it costs to send a package in April 2015, this is what I paid:

Pkg 1, .564 kg 750 baht Australia

Pkg 2, 1.056kg 1250 baht Italy

Pkg 3, 5.96kg 2500 baht Australia

Pkg 4, .868kg 793 baht USA

I know there are schedules for all of the above but thought it may be of interest to some to see examples : DHL conditioned me to accept that freight here would be expensive and even the 2500 baht package wasnt an 'OMG' moment. The real test is whether all of the above arrives in the condition it left my place this morning but fingers and toes are firmly crossed.