Indian Tourist assaulted and robbed on Pattaya Beach

webfact

Indian Tourist assaulted and robbed on Pattaya Beach

india-6.jpg?2fdae6

PATTAYA: -- A 50 year old Indian Tourist, who was earlier seen staggering along Pattaya Beach Road, as if he was drunk, was assaulted and then robbed by a gang of youths who are known to target vulnerable foreigners in the area.

In the early hours of Thursday, Police and medics were called to the Pattaya Beach Road promenade only meters away from Pattaya Police Station and met with the injured tourist, Mr. Narander Rajoo, who had sustained a head injury.

Khun Wipada aged 35, witnessed the attack and told Police she was walking behind the victim and saw he was staggering and appeared heavily intoxicated. Moments later a group of 5 young Thai men approached Mr. Rajoo and used pieces of wood to strike him over the head. He fell to the ground and the gang proceeded to steal 50,000 Baht and 2,500 US Dollars from his trouser pockets.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/182428/indian-tourist-assaulted-and-robbed-on-pattaya-beach/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-04-09

A drunk Indian tourist with 50K in his pocket staggering down beach road? Where were the ladyboys? They must be so upset having not been there for the take down.

what about the 80k bht. in us dollars.thats 130,000bht. must have big pockets.whistling.gif

• Like 2

Indians always carry 50.000 THB and 2500 US$ (80.000 THB) when they walking around on beach rd. but this time he forgot to bring his 10 bath gold necklace, do I smell insurance fraud?

quote :"robbed by a gang of youths who are known to target vulnerable foreigners in the area"

Known ... but not arrested ...? ....blink.png .... coffee1.gif

Exactly, we see this phrase so many times "who are known " , but known to who????

Indian tourist robbed in Pattaya

Pattaya, Chon Buri:- A 50-year-old tourist was robbed by five Thai hooligans on Pattaya Beach road early Thursday.

The five teenagers were described by local people as hooligans who have extorted money from local residents and foreign tourists on the Pattaya beach.

Pol Lt Siraphudet Chamnarnkit, an officer on duty of Pattaya police station, was alerted of the robbery at 1 am.

Siraphudet was informed that the tourist, who was later identified as Narandr Rajoo, was robbed in front of Soi 7 off the beach road in Tambon Nong Plua of Bang Lamung district.

Police rushed to scene and found Rajoo, who appeared drunk, with head wound and broken nose.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/816013-indian-tourist-robbed-in-pattaya/

I doubt very much that any travel insurance policy covers loss of money and particularly not if that money is just kept in one's pockets.

Thus insurance scam is not likely but an excuse related to some business dealing is.

• Like 1

this sort of thing is a continuing nightmare when you cant walk on a busy thoroughfare without being attacked and robbed by a bunch of mindless thugs if the police did their duty properly and patrolled areas that had a risk factor it would go down well with the public .

this sort of thing is a continuing nightmare when you cant walk on a busy thoroughfare without being attacked and robbed by a bunch of mindless thugs if the police did their duty properly and patrolled areas that had a risk factor it would go down well with the public .

Probably no different to any other areas in the world that becomes the domain of drug dealers and prostitutes after dark and there are thousands of beaches even in developed countries that I would not stagger drunk around.. Don't rely on anyone but yoursel to stay safe

edit

come to think of it, considering the seedy scene of mafia/hookers/drugs i would suggest that Pattaya has an outstanding safety record. That indian dude would have had his throat cut in many comparable areas

Edited by mcfish

Not for one minute do I believe those sums of cash are true!! Insurance fraud coming right up!

Regular Travel insurances only cover quite low cash amounts.
Regular travellers would not be carrying that sort of cash at night in a prostitute, drug fuelled environment!!

Not for one minute do I believe those sums of cash are true!! Insurance fraud coming right up!

Fully agree no one in their right mind carries $4000 in their pocket's while going out to a beach.

Of course it would be wrong to suggest it was set up before hand ie:- 1000 baht for each boy.

There appears to be a need for a "sub-forum" setup to handle all the assaults, robberies, rapes, and "suicides" coming from the Pattaya area...

Maybe those ex-pats in Hua Hin actually know something Pattaya folks have not figured out yet...

these sums seem completely out of the range of your imagination... isn't it?

by the way, no insurance on this planet insures cash carried in your pockets.

• Like 1

There appears to be a need for a "sub-forum" setup to handle all the assaults, robberies, rapes, and "suicides" coming from the Pattaya area...

Maybe those ex-pats in Hua Hin actually know something Pattaya folks have not figured out yet...

This IS that 'sub-forum' - what other news stories do you see here ? actually look at where a given thread has been started before posting. Thread after bloody thread we have to put up with lamebrain 'observations' like this and I'm over it.

PattayaOne - and TV for that matter - arent even remotely interested in stories about people living normal lives in Pattaya : who in God's name would read those stories ? It's called Sin City for a reason - if you cant handle that, you might be happier perusing Young Adult Fiction in your nearest emporium in Hua Hin, a boring, soulless town if ever there was one.

Edited by Rimmer

these sums seem completely out of the range of your imagination... isn't it?

by the way, no insurance on this planet insures cash carried in your pockets.

I take your point, even if I question myself taking as little as 10K to Walking St - this gentleman must have zero confidence in his hotel safe, but that is the last place I would have been with that much money in my pocket, particularly if he was hammered.