Sending a letter...

sillybilly

Scan and email always works for me unless a property transfer document which have always been sent ems or international express.

A good tip is to ensure the address is in both english and thai. Side by side. When in Phuket we failed to receive many letters until I employed the above system.

Scan and email always works for me unless a property transfer document which have always been sent ems or international express.

A good tip is to ensure the address is in both english and thai. Side by side. When in Phuket we failed to receive many letters until I employed the above system.

Rob is correct.

I have made printed copies of my Thailand address in English and Thai side by side to be stuck to the envelope, and this has always worked for me, plus, use registered post so that the letter is traceable and has to be signed for.

I have made printed copies of my Thailand address in English and Thai side by side to be stuck to the envelope, and this has always worked for me, plus, use registered post so that the letter is traceable and has to be signed for.

Does the recipient gets mail regularly when the address is written in English? Whether or not, getting the address in Thai to put on the evelope is excellent advice.

And if they get Thai mail regularly, then the advice to use registered post is also an excellent suggestion.

Assuming you can track the letter on line in Australia, you can track the letter from the day you mail it to the day the recipient receives it. The THAI Post Office has an on-line tracking web site that does track foreign registration numbers. I have used this method for sending and receiving letters.

Does the recipient gets mail regularly when the address is written in English? Whether or not, getting the address in Thai to put on the evelope is excellent advice.

And if they get Thai mail regularly, then the advice to use registered post is also an excellent suggestion.

Assuming you can track the letter on line in Australia, you can track the letter from the day you mail it to the day the recipient receives it. The THAI Post Office has an on-line tracking web site that does track foreign registration numbers. I have used this method for sending and receiving letters.

All mine is addressed to me in English. Usually no problem. Except from one area in Canada. I like the Fed Ex idea if it is just a letter. That is a very important letter.

Been told Songkran has started early so it`s probably the wrong time to ask but is any member kind enough to check an address for me and write it in both English and Thai??

Tried looking up Welcome Inn guest house on the internet without much luck.

Edited by sillybilly

Use the most expensive courier possible. Anything less especially regular post will likely be Lost.

Completely false misinformation!

Surely, if it's "false misinformation", doesn't that mean it's true information?

I'm just sayin'...

Your "friend" should be able to provide you the correct address, shouldn't they?

Or are you working hard to live up to your name?

Bit of both, my friend is Thai so he has tried to translate the address to English the best he can.

Post 11 you asked for the address in English and Thai and now you say you friend is Thai, so he would normally be able to give you the address in Thai, wouldn't he? You are living up to your name Silly.

Your "friend" should be able to provide you the correct address, shouldn't they?

Bit of both, my friend is Thai so he has tried to translate the address to English the best he can.

Post 11 you asked for the address in English and Thai and now you say you friend is Thai, so he would normally be able to give you the address in Thai, wouldn't he? You are living up to your name Silly.

Yes.... being very silly.

If someone was able to post the address I may be able copy and past it onto an envelope.

My friend doesn`t use the internet (Old school) so all he could do was send it via text but I have no idea how I can copy from that to an envelope. Do you??

If someone was able to post the address I may be able copy and past it onto an envelope.

My friend doesn`t use the internet (Old school) so all he could do was send it via text but I have no idea how I can copy from that to an envelope. Do you??

If your so-called friend is staying at a guest house, than why does he not ask the owner to write the address in Thai. Then he posts it to you, you do a scan onto your computer and print it out on an envelope and send the legal document to him at his guest house?

Where there's a will, there`s a way.

What is the address you have attempted sending to?

There's a Welcome Inn bar on Loi Kroh, not a guest house afaik.