Are we not valued as people here?

all you are and all you ever will be in this third world dump is a walking ATM. The sooner you figure this out the better. Going home was the best decision I ever made, and I recommend you do it too.

Another one who tought THA was the same as in his holydays . ADAPT or GO HOME ( LUCKY FOR US YOU DID) or go live in PATAYE, BKK, or PHUKET .... THERE YOU CAN BE WESTERN- ABITUDE as you like.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all you are and all you ever will be in this third world dump is a walking ATM. The sooner you figure this out the better. Going home was the best decision I ever made, and I recommend you do it too.

So you came for easy sex, found out sex would cost you money, and then then got disgusted.

Glad you are home. How much are you paying whores at home?

Another one who tought THA was the same as in his holydays . ADAPT or GO HOME ( LUCKY FOR US YOU DID) or go live in PATAYE, BKK, or PHUKET .... THERE YOU CAN BE WESTERN- ABITUDE as you like.

Forget LOW western- attitude. WE are MORE IN EVERYTHING HU. Why this peeple leave there county and think they have a lifetime hollyday here without consider the Thai people . If you can accept other people in your country, its normal you think you feel more here, POOR MAN

SORRY MAAAAAAAK for al of us who have make a dee live here,

22 Thais arrested today for ripping off customers....

Why exactly did the police arrest them? Because they were ripping off foreigners?

Of course not.

"He said the group had damaged the country's reputation because the victims had posted messages on social media about their plights."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/826911-22-thais-arrested-for-deceiving-causing-nuisances-to-foreign-tourists/?p=9431460

Some shameful stuff being posted here.

Shocking and shameful. Shame on the mods for tolerating this vileness.

I apologize for criticizing the mods regarding this matter, as I now believe that they may not have been aware of some of the horrible things which were said on this thread.

Boo Hooguitar.gif

Getting back to the original post, the rule of law can be taken a lot of ways in Thailand, or sold to the highest bidder. A lot of the actions you see being taken are just done so to save the "image" of the country.

Engagement with my bank ... manager due to emergency out ...sorry please come back in about 1 hour.

Sunny day, take a walk on the market in Bruges (where I live at this time) ... big annonce at a restaurant , 'entrecote 450 BFR ' .

Sit on the terasse ... " Entrecote please" (in the regional language)... 'Ok sir, with frites are croquete and a salat", "yes and a beer.

Bill ... 700 WHY???you want frites,salat and sit on the terasse"

So its the same al over the world.

Edited by BFerearnk

Look they just tolerate us thats all.

They or most of them think we are a soft touch for money. We have just moved house after 4 years,We had a good relationship with the Food venders on the

Street in front of our village ( so we thought ) My wife is Thai. For 4 years we had been buying chicken etc from the same people ,day in and day out. My wife asked the owner (a woman)

if she could tell her how to make the maranade,as she would like to cook some once we have moved,as i would miss it, all ok

The next day the husband arrived,with two motorbike boys,asking my wife to pay them 3000k for telling her how to make the maranade,They started shouting when i told them to fxxk off

and did not go until my friend from next door a Thai policeman intervened , He said normal for them as they are from issan and they are not Thai

Engagement with my bank ... manager due to emergency out ...sorry please come back in about 1 hour.

Sunny day, take a walk on the market in Bruges (where I live at this time) ... big annonce at a restaurant , 'entrecote 450 BFR ' .

Sit on the terasse ... " Entrecote please" (in the regional language)... 'Ok sir, with frites are croquete and a salat", "yes and a beer.

BFR?

I'm guessing this is anecdote is rather out of date.

BFR?

I'm guessing this is anecdote is rather out of date.

Seems you not get what I want to say. The time does not play a role at al., even if it happens before Christ. Al tricks and bla...bla...bla... are used to make money.

In al times and al over the world.

Surely the same in Heidelberg, Germoney.

I said to the German chap I was drinking with, in Heidelberg - "aye, gaun' order twa mair ae' they Weissbeirs"

"No, you go; they'll not serve me, I;m from Bavaria"

SC

Wake UP people, they dont want you here they only want your money.coffee1.gif

They are savages the lot of them. If not for the women being sexually suitable, most of us would not likely be here at all.

Please don't let the plastic smiles fool you - especially you older blokes with fading vision. Think of Thais as the hillbillies of Asia and take necessary precautions.

Farangs don't expect to be loved by Thais for taking their women away, do they?

Well mate no offense to anyone here but the majority of women I see with farangs are not so highly desirable to the local blokes so not sure if these guys would feel that way or not... I see a handful of high-flying farangs and some of the very small crowd of young, working farangs with local women who are desirable to local guys, but I don't see many.

Just for everyone's information, non-white non-Asian Westerners are just as likely to be referred to as 'farang' as a white Westerner is.

That or Chocolate Man.

If people get upset at being called farang, consider 5th generation Thai Indians. Indian in race but who's entire family is Thai born and raised for 5 generations.

They get called Ghek.

'Guest' in Thai.

I think you are confusing awareness of racial differences (which child development experts have determined begins as early as 2 years old) with racism which is the belief that one race is superior than another.

Let's take this one step at a time. You acknowledge that Thais use the term 'farang' to describe Westerners irrespective of their skin color. If that's true (which it is) that completely destroys the argument that 'farang' is a racist term. As many many people have tried to explain here, the word farang is primarily a descriptive term meaning 'foreigner from the West.'

Likewise, describing a person of Negroid or African descent as 'chocolate' can be viewed as a descriptive term rather than a pejorative term. I have on occasion heard Thais refer to an African-American as a 'chocolate' man. The occasion I recall it was the guy's wife, and it was used affectionately.

You are also incorrect in concluding that just because the word "kaek" has the dual etymological usage of refering to a "visitor or a guest" as well as persons of East Indian extraction that that this implies that Thais view East Indians as permanent outsiders, "guests" or "visitors" who can never be integrated into the society.

But why am I trying to educate you, a person who jokes about Asians being only "waiters and waitresses"? Regarding "racism", if ever there was an example of someone who ought to be looking in the mirror instead of pointing a finger elsewhere, it would appear to be you, sir.

I will guess that perhaps you do not have any Thai-Indian or Thai-Chinese intimate friends, particularly well-educated/established ones?

If you can get close enough to any to be honest with you about Thailand, I think your views might be affected. Thailand (like many Asian countries) is deeply racist. Deeply. And bigoted. There is a strong tendency toward classification of any type. Ever work in a large Thai company? If so, you will likely have seen how each group or department often keeps very neatly to themselves only interacting with other groups in the same company in very controlled circumstances.

One of my best friends is a Thai-Indian guy who is the managing partner of a large law firm in Thailand. He's 4th generation I guess. I am continuously shocked by the things he tells me about the country and about the people. His repeated words of advice to me: "never trust anyone here easily."

I have to laugh every time someone on TVF claims 'farang' is a racist term.

Just for everyone's information, non-white non-Asian Westerners are just as likely to be referred to as 'farang' as a white Westerner is.

Kind of blows a hole in the 'farang is a racist word' argument, now doesn't it? smile.png

I think you should reexamine your logic there mate.

I'll take an example similar to yours.

In North America Japanese are generally regarded more highly than Chinese for all types of reasons. However, when racist bigoted people refer to them both as "dirty Asians" or "little yellow Asians" or "insert some derogatory term here", they are taking them as a whole. They might be saying "while I acknowledge that I think Japanese and Chinese are not equally bad/good, I think they are both below me and I dislike them both."

Do you get that?

They don't care and will probably do it again, this kind of person will eventually kill someone and end up in prison.

I know a guy like the above mentioned people from back in the UK (he went to the same school as me) and he's currently in prison awaiting trial for murder.

Hopefully they are put away in prison before they actually kill someone.

In the case I know of he did many years in prison on several occasions for violent crimes. They let him out yet again and this time he's killed someone.

Sadly while the Bleeding Heart Liberals are looking for excuses to let the dangerous out on the streets,they miss the whole point:some people should never be let out amongst us ever again, if that means life in prison? then so be it!

That or Chocolate Man.

If people get upset at being called farang, consider 5th generation Thai Indians. Indian in race but who's entire family is Thai born and raised for 5 generations.

They get called Ghek.

'Guest' in Thai.

I think you are confusing awareness of racial differences (which child development experts have determined begins as early as 2 years old) with racism which is the belief that one race is superior than another.

Let's take this one step at a time. You acknowledge that Thais use the term 'farang' to describe Westerners irrespective of their skin color. If that's true (which it is) that completely destroys the argument that 'farang' is a racist term. As many many people have tried to explain here, the word farang is primarily a descriptive term meaning 'foreigner from the West.'

Likewise, describing a person of Negroid or African descent as 'chocolate' can be viewed as a descriptive term rather than a pejorative term. I have on occasion heard Thais refer to an African-American as a 'chocolate' man. The occasion I recall it was the guy's wife, and it was used affectionately.

You are also incorrect in concluding that just because the word "kaek" has the dual etymological usage of refering to a "visitor or a guest" as well as persons of East Indian extraction that that this implies that Thais view East Indians as permanent outsiders, "guests" or "visitors" who can never be integrated into the society.

But why am I trying to educate you, a person who jokes about Asians being only "waiters and waitresses"? Regarding "racism", if ever there was an example of someone who ought to be looking in the mirror instead of pointing a finger elsewhere, it would appear to be you, sir.

I will guess that perhaps you do not have any Thai-Indian or Thai-Chinese intimate friends, particularly well-educated/established ones?

If you can get close enough to any to be honest with you about Thailand, I think your views might be affected. Thailand (like many Asian countries) is deeply racist. Deeply. And bigoted. There is a strong tendency toward classification of any type. Ever work in a large Thai company? If so, you will likely have seen how each group or department often keeps very neatly to themselves only interacting with other groups in the same company in very controlled circumstances.

One of my best friends is a Thai-Indian guy who is the managing partner of a large law firm in Thailand. He's 4th generation I guess. I am continuously shocked by the things he tells me about the country and about the people. His repeated words of advice to me: "never trust anyone here easily."

thats lawyers world wide for you.

Surely the same in Heidelberg, Germoney.

I said to the German chap I was drinking with, in Heidelberg - "aye, gaun' order twa mair ae' they Weissbeirs"

"No, you go; they'll not serve me, I;m from Bavaria"

SC

Yes, they are quite tribalistic in Germany.

Germans never succeeded in a national revolution, and they never really gained a national identity.

What exactly is "racism"?

Imho only if you think one race is superior to another.

There might be qquite a few Thais who think that PM Prayuth is actually from an inferior race because he's from Isaan. Time to get rid of that hypocrisy.

Wake UP people, they dont want you here they only want your money.coffee1.gif

They are savages the lot of them. If not for the women being sexually suitable, most of us would not likely be here at all.

Please don't let the plastic smiles fool you - especially you older blokes with fading vision. Think of Thais as the hillbillies of Asia and take necessary precautions.

Farangs don't expect to be loved by Thais for taking their women away, do they?

Well mate no offense to anyone here but the majority of women I see with farangs are not so highly desirable to the local blokes so not sure if these guys would feel that way or not...

Indeed, the majority of the farangs try to make a prostitute their wife, so NOT desirable to the local blokes.

Look at the positives.

Unless you got a highly lucrative job offer in Thailand then theres probably only one reason for stayin here. Simply because you prefer it compared to your home country for one or more reasons. No country is perfect. For those that really cant fit into Thailand or dont like it, well I hope they have the possibility to establish themselves in Farangland again.

I try not to look at the negatives, I always keep in mind that I love living in Thailand and that I wouldnt trade it for any other country. In my case its Bangkok, havnt tried the beachresorts or other touristtowns.

But coming from a quiet capital in Scandinavia, I have now adapted to the buzy life of Bangkok, I thrive here.

Edited by BKKBobby

What do you refer to an Asian if you see one in your home country?

Waiter/Waitress.

Takeaway cook.

Racist <deleted> by the pair of you. In most countries now, you call an Asian "Boss"

You are dreaming.

Asians in america rank low on the pole.

They may never recover in the USA due to the american experience in Vietnam.

There is a reason most soldiers who fell in love stayed in Asia and didnt bring their women back to the us.

Nothing has changed in the us and if anything anti Chinese sentiment is growing as war rhetoric heats up, which it is

Waiter/Waitress.

Takeaway cook.

Such embarrassingly ignorant comments on so many levels.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2012/06/19/the-rise-of-asian-americans/2/

Also, congratulations to Raymond Wang of Vancouver, Canada who just won first prize in Intel's International Science and Engineering Fair.

Enjoy your snicker-fest, gents. Don't look now: the world has passed you by.

Edited by Gecko123

Waiter/Waitress.

Takeaway cook.

Such embarrassingly ignorant comments on so many levels.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2012/06/19/the-rise-of-asian-americans/2/

Also, congratulations to Raymond Wang of Vancouver, Canada who just won first prize in Intel's International Science and Engineering Fair.

Enjoy your snicker-fest, gents. Don't look now: the world has passed you by.

The question referred to where do I see an Asian in my country. I see them cooking takeaways, I see them running minimarts, I see them selling in $2 shops, I see them picking fruit. I don't see them collecting awards.

While they are undoubtedly in better jobs, I don't see them. No need to get all bitter and twisted about it- it was a joke question smile.png .