Where Do You Live?

Water Buffalo

Where Do You Live?  

364 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why did you mot lable the map according to the options in the poll?

Example:

Purple = North East, = Essan???

Some in my area consider it Essan, some Northen, some Eastern.

This could skew the results of your pole.

Consistency is important in science.

Go to your room....

• Like 1

Why did you mot lable the map according to the options in the poll?

Example:

Purple = North East, = Essan???

Some in my area consider it Essan, some Northen, some Eastern.

This could skew the results of your pole.

Consistency is important in science.

Yeah when I saw the map, I found I live in a different part than I thought? Go figurer...

Well that is just blind attention to detail

• Like 1

I left Thailand 4 years ago.

That means you have nothing but past tense perfect insight to offer to any post related to Thailand from 4 years ago forward.bah.gif

I didn't say I haven't been back, I just don't live there anymore.

I live in Issan, but many TVF members tell me that I live in the clouds.

Wasn't that option for me to tick.

You live in a wonderful part of Thailand. I tend not to listen to the chatter of people I have never met face-to-face.

The cloud they speak of may very well be the dark, unhappy, rain-cloud that is permanently hovering over their head.

Some of us live part of the year in Thailand and part of the year in our home country, I don't see an option for that.

When we are in Thailand we have property in KKC, IN the US I work in NYC but live in Florida

Longest commute in the worldtongue.png

Personally I did not come to Thailand last year, wife did with out me,had to spend the allocated time being operated on and recoveringsad.png

Hopefully I will be able to find the time this year, biggrin.png Love and miss Thailand mak mak

I'd be surprised if Bangkok or Pattaya doesn't win it.

Issan will win for the sheer amount of Europeans married to the naive farm girls of that area and also the naive europeans who are supporting whole families there.

Oh well if we're resorting to dumb stereotypes, Pattaya would win, cept all the sexpats are too drunk 7x24 to actually hit the right key! LOL

• Like 2

I work in NYC but live in Florida

Longest commute in the worldtongue.png

Thats insane..how,why?

In the late 2090's I semi-retired and moved my family to FL, not leaving well enough along, I got heavily invested in real-estate,and when the industry collapsed, I lost my shirt.

Made some calls to my old contacts, and got a job in NYC in the High-rise construction industry, it was supposed to be a short term situation, so the Family stayed in FL. and I flew there every other weekend

but things worked out so well and I advanced with in the company , that I was able to more or less put Humpty Dumpty together again. It is a Union Job, and by now I am vested. Every additional year I work increases the pension I will receive by a considerable amount, Increases my Social Security. and a considerable amount in my annuity If I can stick it out an other five years, I will be able to comfortably retire. Actually, I could retire now, but enjoy what I do so much, I don't want to.

So,, long story short, Family in FL, me working in NYC, and flying back and forth, and to Thailand between projects.

Lately though, the industry has being overheated there is no time between projects, and sadly no time in Thailandsad.png

Without quoting the above, in the later 1970's I lived on West 57th Street -- boy what a change from the photos I see now (the big one'll be at 157 W57)

jump-1-popup.jpg

As for the commute NYC to FL, that is why there is JetBlue.

Edited by JLCrab

I'd be surprised if Bangkok or Pattaya doesn't win it.

Issan will win for the sheer amount of Europeans married to the naive farm girls of that area and also the naive europeans who are supporting whole families there.

Issan will win because there's bugger all to do in the sticks except hang out on TV.

This poll won't show where most people live, but where most people have the most internet usage.

These posts are politically incorrect but soooo true laugh.png

I live in Issan, but many TVF members tell me that I live in the clouds.

Wasn't that option for me to tick.

Up here I pray for clouds every day its over 31˚.

It looks like Isaan is the clouds for most readers at this stage of the poll. How interesting so many of us are totally deluded.

Is it something in the water?

The people here are unbelievable. That's what! They're still Thai but, they're the friendliest bunch and they believe they're friendlier

than all the rest too. Good on 'em I say.

Lived a long time in Pattaya, but selling (already sold ;)) up and moving to Buriram province where we are currently building our piece of paradise complete with Fish Pond, nice garden etc etc away from the hustle and bustle (20kms away from the nearest "city")

• Like 1

From post above: A picture or two often explains things better than words.

Explains what?

When I used to live in Denver, the joke was that, if you live in Denver, you have a great view of the Front Range. If you live in the Front Range, you don't:

6C7997709-040624_denver_hmed.blocks_desk

Edited by JLCrab

Without quoting the above, in the later 1970's I lived on West 57th Street -- boy what a change from the photos I see now (the big one'll be at 157 W57)

jump-1-popup.jpg

As for the commute NYC to FL, that is why there is JetBlue.

I fly out of Laguardia Airport, , on a Friday evening I am in FL almost as fast as my coworkers get home in the suburbs laugh.png

PS: you should see Brooklyn and LIC anything near the approach bridges to Manhattan is gold. Condominium apt on Kent av in Brooklyn average a million dollars.