Saga continues 90 day report Jomtien

Brit_Doggie

Did report yesteday,duly took utility bin/passport,long w8 bc busier than norm which is natural considering fiesta upon us.

Ok mr no need to bring in proof of address because it all encoded in barcode,all well and good but i could have moved and not informed immo,so again it makes utter nonsense of being made to do said report,as i see it it should be abolished and only proof of residence submitted annualy, i hope therefore that the tvf guys can push for imminent removal of the need to report forthwith.

• Like 2

Why don't you do it on line and avoid all the hassle?

i totally agree, having said that it does seem at this time the system does also have its teething problems

i will at the end of May if all seems calm with the online choice will defiantly take the step of change

ok online but whose printer ink i use immos or mine? lol seems immo turned the tables but the issue here is to (report address) with no proof so yeah ok do online and yeah i'm the biggest liar on planet pluto and my address is any bar on walking street but i prefer to sit down.

Brit_Doggie, I think it's fair that we have to do a 90 day report. It serves 2 purposes. It let's the Thai Immigration know where we are residing, but it also let's your home country immigration department know where you are if you need to be contacted urgently for an emergency there. Also, keep in mind that the same rules are enforced in both the UK & Australia, so stop your grizzling. If you don't like or agree with following the laws of your adopted country, then go back from whence you came. There are far too many farangs that have moved to Thailand for whatever reason, who continually whinge and complain about the way things are done in this country. This is THEIR country, NOT YOURS, so if you intend to stay here then shut the f up and live with it. I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot, you'd be telling the foreigners in your home country who whinged and complained to do exactly the same thing, viz. shut up or go back to where you came from. Far to many hypocrits post their threads in this forum.

Surely people are allowed to voice their frustrations at overly bureaurcratic procedures that they find themselves tied up in when they would rather be playing golf, sailing etc.

The only Thais that I know that don't mind these systems so much are the lawyers who provides services to us to help us through the mirade of changing rules.

In fact many Thais stay out of the system altogether because they can't fathom how to negotiate their way through it.

They also need to produce house books & ID with multiple copies for the most mundane of day to day things and god forbide if the lose there personnel docs which is quite common given the transient lifestyle of so many that work around Pattaya.

All of this becomes more frustrating knowing that rules are interpreted by officials in completely different ways adding to the need to vent on forums such as this

• Like 2

I rarely spend over 10 minutes doing my 90 day report. I wish that the states knew where the immigrants were. If this "saga" overtaxes you, I can never find an answer for you. Soon to be at your 7-11. Will this not make you happy?

• Like 1

Bureaucrats are the same the world over, and especially at Immigration in Thailand. They have to create work to justify their existence!

It bothers me too, ..makes me feel like a criminal, having to report every 90 days, but I doubt it will ever change.

Perhaps these procedures filter out those that are.

It really isn't that onerous for most of us who live within an hours drive of our immigration office.

And now we have on-line reporting for those that are further afield or struggle to travel,or plain just do not want to.

It took a while but surely things are getting easier.

My fear, one day they decide they just don't want all these foreign people living here long term. So many nations offer a poorer lifestyle that numbers must keep increasing.

Can you do it online now for Jomtien area?

has anyone done this yet for Jomtien area ?

if so when ?

Applied online April 1st, approved April 9th. Confirmation of next reporting date printed. Easy.

Can you do it online now for Jomtien area?

has anyone done this yet for Jomtien area ?

if so when ?

Applied online April 1st, approved April 9th. Confirmation of next reporting date printed. Easy.

Perfect.

Hugh2121 just one question, when was your report due ? April 1st ?

So if you've got the bar-coded slip and you want to do a 90-day in person what paperwork, other than your passport with the slip, do you need to bring with you now? The OP says that proof of address is no longer required. Are any copies of the passport needed, and do you still have to fill out a TM47?

Edited by Guderian

So if you've got the bar-coded slip and you want to do a 90-day in person what paperwork, other than your passport with the slip, do you need to bring with you now? The OP says that proof of address is no longer required. Are any copies of the passport needed, and do you still have to fill out a TM47? :clueless:

In Pattaya you only need your passport and your old 90 day report slip no other info needed (but just be safe I still take them with me just in case)

They will look up your info in the PC and print out a new 90 day report slip (complete with Barcode) and staple that in your passport.

So if you've got the bar-coded slip and you want to do a 90-day in person what paperwork, other than your passport with the slip, do you need to bring with you now? The OP says that proof of address is no longer required. Are any copies of the passport needed, and do you still have to fill out a TM47? :clueless:

In Pattaya you only need your passport and your old 90 day report slip no other info needed (but just be safe I still take them with me just in case)

They will look up your info in the PC and print out a new 90 day report slip (complete with Barcode) and staple that in your passport.

Thanks, that sounds simple enough.

Yes done mine online yesterday.

Do you have a link to the "90 day report" immigration website?

thanks in advance.

http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Ps only works with Internet Explorer

Not correct. Works with both Firefox and Chrome.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/?p=9297124#entry9297124

• Like 1

Yes done mine online yesterday.

Do you have a link to the "90 day report" immigration website?

thanks in advance.

http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Ps only works with Internet Explorer

Not correct. Works with both Firefox and Chrome.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/?p=9297124#entry9297124

Thank you for posting that link but info was correct but there are tricks around it ;)